Does anyone else feel like the online pass is a scam?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like i'm being ripped off. $10 just to be able to get one damn trophy? does anyone else feel this way?

Nope. You don't have to get all the trophies to enjoy a game, therefore, it's not a ripoff. Yes, I understand this is a trophy website, but if you want to get all the trophies...why not just buy the game new?

Look at it this way: The rumor mill is already talking about how the new XBox won't play any used games. If that sticks, it won't be long before Sony and Nintendo adopt that model as well. =P

If that were the case, I wouldn't purchase a next gen console. A used-game ban would be wrong in so many ways.

Like, what happens if I play on my second PS4 (first one broke)? Can't play.

Friend lets me borrow game? Nope.

Total bullshit. I don't think they're stupid enough to go through with it; the used games market isn't affecting them that much.

If that were the case, I wouldn't purchase a next gen console. A used-game ban would be wrong in so many ways.

Like, what happens if I play on my second PS4 (first one broke)? Can't play.

Friend lets me borrow game? Nope.

Total bullshit. I don't think they're stupid enough to go through with it; the used games market isn't affecting them that much.

This is my sentiment as well. If the next gen does get some kind of anti-second-hand game lock, this gen will be my last.

Its not a rip off, it lets you play online. Its not there just to unlock a trophy :p

Saying that, I only played one game on UC3s online just to get the trophy. But I bought the game new.

its a ripoff if lets say you have a family and they all want to play the game and you have to fork out multiple times just to play the online.... i think its bs and if its on the same ip you should be able to play it on any account... :mad:

its a ripoff if lets say you have a family and they all want to play the game and you have to fork out multiple times just to play the online.... i think its bs and if its on the same ip you should be able to play it on any account... :mad:

Umm cant you just download the pass for the amount of accounts you want to play on, then install them on sepparate accounts? I always do that and it works because my Uncharted is US but im Aus so if I didnt do that I couldnt play online.

Umm cant you just download the pass for the amount of accounts you want to play on, then install them on sepparate accounts? I always do that and it works because my Uncharted is US but im Aus so if I didnt do that I couldnt play online.
how am i supposed to download the pass if its redeemed on another name??? you would have to download the pass off that same store but it would have to be a different

ps3 wouldnt it??? trying to work it out atm and see... but i highly doubt that works cause everyone would do that

how am i supposed to download the pass if its redeemed on another name??? you would have to download the pass off that same store but it would have to be a different

ps3 wouldnt it??? trying to work it out atm and see... but i highly doubt that works cause everyone would do that

It is possible to sign into your account on one other system at a time and download content. You can only have two PS3s with activated downloadable content at a time. You don't have to be playing on the account with the online pass purchased on it to work. That being said, Sony/Naughty Dog don't deserve the ten dollars from an online pass considering how poor the game was and how they don't even host dedicated servers.

The Online Pass is for the Multiplayer content, and not just to unlock a trophy, so no you're not getting scammed, unless you're scamming yourself by buying an online pass for 1 trophy :whistle:.

This big time.

I too very much understand this is a trophy related website so this question is legit but if you're buying a game and a pass just for a trophy the point of gaming is perhaps being lost. Sure enjoy the trophies, I do, but enjoy gaming first and foremost. Everyone to their own though.

I don't agree. I think it's fair enough that one account can play the game online, you can login on other PS3's with that account and continue to play online. But why should you be able to download the pass and play on a complete different account? It comes down to the fact that, like it or loathe it, gaming is business and ND want to continue to make a return from the second hand market, it continues to pay for the servers and of course their profits.

I'm on the fence with online passes (although I buy most my MP games new so it doesn't really effect me), but I can see why companies are doing it. If it means online environments are kept online for longer then that's a good thing. If it wasn't for an online pass ND could pull the plug on U3 online in the future making the (P) unobtainable.

I have never really had need to complain about using/purchasing an online pass, then again, my platinum trophy has never relied on the fact that I cannot get online to play 1 single game of multiplayer. I miss-like online-reliant trophies as it is. I literally played 2 games online to get the online trophies on Uncharted 2 because I don't enjoy third person shooters very much.

I didn't buy mine second hand I am currently borrowing the game from a friend to save cash. I'm glad I didn't rent it as I first intended because I would have felt cheated then. I won't be buying a code so unless I find a way around it, alas there will be no platinum for me =/