Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #21
Zooyork26

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy8642 View Post
Umm cant you just download the pass for the amount of accounts you want to play on, then install them on sepparate accounts? I always do that and it works because my Uncharted is US but im Aus so if I didnt do that I couldnt play online.
how am i supposed to download the pass if its redeemed on another name??? you would have to download the pass off that same store but it would have to be a different
ps3 wouldnt it??? trying to work it out atm and see... but i highly doubt that works cause everyone would do that

2011 SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!!
Zooyork26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #22
Cornagandarub

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooyork26 View Post
how am i supposed to download the pass if its redeemed on another name??? you would have to download the pass off that same store but it would have to be a different
ps3 wouldnt it??? trying to work it out atm and see... but i highly doubt that works cause everyone would do that
It is possible to sign into your account on one other system at a time and download content. You can only have two PS3s with activated downloadable content at a time. You don't have to be playing on the account with the online pass purchased on it to work. That being said, Sony/Naughty Dog don't deserve the ten dollars from an online pass considering how poor the game was and how they don't even host dedicated servers.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #23
funkyweed

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Word of Mouth - Gold   Member of the Month Winner   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   10,000 Posts   Bright Idea!   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawra View Post
The Online Pass is for the Multiplayer content, and not just to unlock a trophy, so no you're not getting scammed, unless you're scamming yourself by buying an online pass for 1 trophy .
This big time.

I too very much understand this is a trophy related website so this question is legit but if you're buying a game and a pass just for a trophy the point of gaming is perhaps being lost. Sure enjoy the trophies, I do, but enjoy gaming first and foremost. Everyone to their own though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooyork26 View Post
its a ripoff if lets say you have a family and they all want to play the game and you have to fork out multiple times just to play the online.... i think its bs and if its on the same ip you should be able to play it on any account...
I don't agree. I think it's fair enough that one account can play the game online, you can login on other PS3's with that account and continue to play online. But why should you be able to download the pass and play on a complete different account? It comes down to the fact that, like it or loathe it, gaming is business and ND want to continue to make a return from the second hand market, it continues to pay for the servers and of course their profits.

I'm on the fence with online passes (although I buy most my MP games new so it doesn't really effect me), but I can see why companies are doing it. If it means online environments are kept online for longer then that's a good thing. If it wasn't for an online pass ND could pull the plug on U3 online in the future making the unobtainable.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #24
GrieverLioness

Awards Showcase THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Bronze   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

I have never really had need to complain about using/purchasing an online pass, then again, my platinum trophy has never relied on the fact that I cannot get online to play 1 single game of multiplayer. I miss-like online-reliant trophies as it is. I literally played 2 games online to get the online trophies on Uncharted 2 because I don't enjoy third person shooters very much.

I didn't buy mine second hand I am currently borrowing the game from a friend to save cash. I'm glad I didn't rent it as I first intended because I would have felt cheated then. I won't be buying a code so unless I find a way around it, alas there will be no platinum for me =/
GrieverLioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #25
Amuro

I love online passes. Maybe dipshits will stop buying games used now. Although it amuses me when said dipshits get butthurt and complain...
Old 02-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #26
GeneralDamian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro View Post
I love online passes. Maybe dipshits will stop buying games used now. Although it amuses me when said dipshits get butthurt and complain...
Does your mommy know your using naughty words on the internet or is she out buying you more new games so she doesnt actually have to waste her time bringing up a spoilt little brat.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #27
flash88

I won't say that the online pass is a rip-off. I will say it is based on greed. It is just another way to make more money. I'm not saying it is never worth it because I believe UC is very worth it but there are companies that rake in trillions of dollars (may be a little exaggerated) and still require an online pass. I love all games but there are some that I have had to avoid because of that. But there are plenty of options out there and it looks like the Online Pass is here to stay.

Check this out: http://poormansreview.tumblr.com/
flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #28
Amuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDamian View Post
Does your mommy know your using naughty words on the internet or is she out buying you more new games so she doesnt actually have to waste her time bringing up a spoilt little brat.
I buy my own games, thank you very much.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #29
GeneralDamian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro View Post
I buy my own games, thank you very much.
Who goes to work to earn the money that pays for the games?

It's hard to believe a mature adult with financial responsibilites would call everyone who buys used games dipshits for being less fortunate and having less money.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #30
Kariokebeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDamian View Post
Who goes to work to earn the money that pays for the games?

It's hard to believe a mature adult with financial responsibilites would call everyone who buys used games dipshits for being less fortunate and having less money.
Well said. I don't like buying games used but sometimes that's all that's available at the store(don't like to buy online). I'm not a fan of buying used but I will grab a used copy for lesser games that aren't high on my list. Online pass fine, but I like to let my kids play my games and vice verse. The online pass can make this a tough one as I bought ACR, Resistance 3, and UC3 new, one for one kid, one for another kid, and one for me. I want to play theirs and they want to play mine. I'm not going to pay 20 more dollars each game just so we can all play online. That's my issue.

"Make Us Whole"
Kariokebeach is offline   Reply With Quote