Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 01-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #21
Deftorn

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkynoah View Post
The best strategy comes from the trophy guide. Avoid the armoured guy initially. Lure him to the far side of the area. Take out the four small guys that appear on the railing. One of them has a grenade launcher. Pick this up and use it on the armoured guy. Should take 3-4 grenades. Then clean up any remaining enemies.

However, even using this strategy, this section was by far the hardest part of crushing. Took me about 30 retries. Twice, I'd managed to kill the armoured guy, then got done in by the smaller clowns.

Alternately, come prepared with heavy weapons and max grenades.
This is what I did. The grenade launcher helped tons.

Awesome Sig, thanks to MIDNIGHTRYDAH!

Last Plat: God of War: Ascension

"Evolve, or Perish"
Trophy Card in spoiler
Deftorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #22
GladiatorGr

I am wondering why all of you had all this hard time at this point. I killed him the very first time on Crushing. I found this part very easy. 1) Simply went all the way back when he appeared 2) take cover behind a container 3) focused on his head 4) cleared out all the other guys when appeared 5) keep dodging his attacks by simply running around a container. Easy cheezy like that.

The part that i died the most times (not because it waw hard but because i was in a hurry and wasn't so careful) was the last gunfight in the sandstorm at chapter 19.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #23
vegetollo7

Send a message via Yahoo to vegetollo7

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Word of Mouth - Bronze   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

On Crushing difficulty I camped in the container that had the treasure. From that position I was able to take plenty of pop shots at his head and kill the other pirates running around.

Also, from that particular position, whenever the armored guard tried throwing a grenade it would often bounce off of the lower crates and explode at his feet. From there it was only a matter of time before he bit the dust.

On the lower difficulties I just kept circling around the crates and took shots at his head until he dropped.

Awesome signature by ESYLD

vegetollo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #24
Wozamil

Send a message via Skype™ to Wozamil

Awards Showcase Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Bright Idea!   Word of Mouth - Platinum   5,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

I had some difficulty with this on normal so I remembered to save up some grenades for this on Crushing and managed to beat it the first time. If you can sneak up behind some of the other pirates and melee them from behind, they have a chance of dropping a grenade pickup.

Wozamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #25
cardiac318

Hit him when he drops down with grenades and then unload on his then un-armored legs. Thats what worked the best in my experience.
cardiac318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #26
kiwiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac318 View Post
Hit him when he drops down with grenades and then unload on his then un-armored legs. Thats what worked the best in my experience.
It is the fastest and most efficient method, I have already mentioned it in this thread.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:53 AM   #27
M_N04H

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiness View Post
It is the fastest and most efficient method, I have already mentioned it in this thread.
^^^ this. he can drop in one of two spots from the balcony (left or right), once he initiates the jump down sequence throw 1 (or 2) grenades, destroy most if not all of his armor. if you have a pistole, he'll drop in 1 or 2 shots after the grenades.
M_N04H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #28
ShinobiHotsuma

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Like most have stated toss two grenades at him when he first appears then shoot him running back to cover behind a container when he recovers. Should not take you more then a minute to kill him this way. Now I always aimed at his head & chest when doing thjis and seems like a workable solution.

Thanks to Shadowtroop110 for the awesome sig
Uncharted 3 Clan lNext UC3 Clan NightlUncharted 3 PS3T Clan Tournament

"Hello this is Eddy Raja. You are shitty pirates, I mean what are you trying to do kill yourselves?" Eddy Raja
ShinobiHotsuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #29
Eternalchaos72
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

That part was really easy there was nothing hard about it.
Eternalchaos72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:06 AM   #30
ooaaronoo

i did the hide where the treasure was. killed him on the 3rd try. the ball room wasnt even that hard. on chapter 19 i believe where you ride the horse to get on the trucks. so far all be pretty easy.
ooaaronoo is offline   Reply With Quote