What's better Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3 ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncharted 2 had the better set pieces, like the train level, and I really loved the chapters where you're running around in the snow. Uncharted 3 didn't have as much "oomph", but I do think the story held up slightly better, while at the same time, I didn't like how supporting characters were dropped in and forgotten about five minutes later.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite. Overall, Uncharted 2 probably is the better game.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is, in my opinion, the best.

Between Uc2 and Uc3, if Uncharted 3 hadn't got poorly rendered cutscenes, and had the tweaks from the previous games, it would win without a doubt. But since it doesn't, it's a close tie, but I would say Uncharted 3 is the best, since in Uncharted 2 you spend half the game crawling through civilized spaces. (remember Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness or Chronicles?)

Uncharted 2, for pretty much all the reasons which others who like that one best have already given; better story, more developed characters, better villain. And hey, Uncharted 2 had... oh wait, I'll put this in a spoiler box, just in case;

[spoiler=4326537526459]two chopper fights and a tank too. Plus the train level as a whole. And a final boss who actually puts up a real fight (the only one so far).

Uncharted 3 had some great moments too, but the game felt slightly less polished. As a matter of fact, I can easily say that for me personally, it goes like this;

Uncharted 2 > Uncharted 3 > Uncharted 1

So yeah, Uncharted 2 remains my favorite. :)

Just for comparison, UC1 is the "Raiders of Lost Ark". UC2 is the non-stop rollercoaster "Temple of Doom", which many people didn't like because it had too much over-the-top action. Come UC3, it became "The Last Crusade", which pulled back some of the punches, gets more 'realistic' (relatively :)), and focuses more on the father and son relationship rather than overwhelming with escalating scale of set pieces and boss fights. Action goers will still prefer "Temple of Doom", I mean UC2.

To me, all are great (but greatest of all time is still "Casablanca", now don't anyone go make that into a shooter please! :D). Let's just hope the next one won't be a "Crystal Skull".

I loved every bit of Uncharted 3 : more diversity in my opinion, big action scenes, good pacing. In 3D, the game is jaw dropping.

But I prefer the story in U2. In my opinion, the story had more heart and emotions with Schäfer and Tenzin. In the 3rd, it's like the game is just scrapping things and it would have been better if it explored things deeper. Anyway, I'm still happy about the U3 story and I like the fact that the game didn't finish with an overpowered Marlowe boss. It would have been kind of ridiculous.

• 3 months later...

l just finished Uncharted 3 last night.

and while it was still a great game, l have to say uncharted 2 was my favorite. loved the snow and train roof to cabin jumping.just the lush glossy forests. Just the whole feel was amazing. it had me hooked from start to finish. where as uncharted 3 took me 2 weeks to complete. because l just didnt feel the same feeling to get right back into it. like l said,dont get me wrong. uncharted 3 is still a great game. all of the uncharted games are. but the absolute best out of the 3 was uncharted 2. but for the multiplayer.

well l cant say just yet. l havnt actually played online yet. l know l know. thats the thing most people do before anything on any game. the reason l havnt yet is uncharted is known for using story level maps for its multiplayer. and l didnt want to spoil any locations by playing multiplayer first.lol

So on a FINAL note. anyone that hasnt played uncharted 3 yet.go get it. it is well worth the money. but uncharted 2 was the most amazing from them all.

I've just got the plat for this today and I've got to say that this UC3 is definitely a great but still the worst from the series... Why? Because it had no challenge at all comparing to the previous games. Crushing mode was a breeze, I remember how much I fought with UC2 and UC1. This game had only 2-3 spots, which were harder, but nothing else.

The result

UC2 > UC > UC3

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/markjyz.png

Uncharted 2 definately takes the cake. I just can't put my finger on it, but U3 just didn't seem to have what U2 had. Most likely it was the more farfetched story line, and the unexplained events. Not to mention that pointless, waste of time which was that 'desert walkabout'.

The first few chapters of this game showed promising aspects, but by the end of the game. I was very disappointed. The first two games seemed to tie together more nicely, and the storyline was neat. Whereas I feel the ball was dropped with this third installment.