XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 03-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #21
markjyz

Default Uncharted series

I've just got the plat for this today and I've got to say that this UC3 is definitely a great but still the worst from the series... Why? Because it had no challenge at all comparing to the previous games. Crushing mode was a breeze, I remember how much I fought with UC2 and UC1. This game had only 2-3 spots, which were harder, but nothing else.
The result
UC2 > UC > UC3

markjyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #22
Lemegeton300

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

uncharted 2 by far is a better game. its pacing is so much better than 3 and the set pieces in 3 did not impress as much

Lemegeton300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #23
Vorgrim

UC2 is better than UC3. The only point where UC3 wins, is the MP.
Nevertheless UC3 is a great game.
Rally-HO
Old 03-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #24
joker-_-32988

there both great games, but its uncharted 2.

joker-_-32988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #25
cohanxcore

Uncharted 2 definately takes the cake. I just can't put my finger on it, but U3 just didn't seem to have what U2 had. Most likely it was the more farfetched story line, and the unexplained events. Not to mention that pointless, waste of time which was that 'desert walkabout'.

The first few chapters of this game showed promising aspects, but by the end of the game. I was very disappointed. The first two games seemed to tie together more nicely, and the storyline was neat. Whereas I feel the ball was dropped with this third installment.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #26
joker-_-32988

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohanxcore View Post
Uncharted 2 definately takes the cake. I just can't put my finger on it, but U3 just didn't seem to have what U2 had. Most likely it was the more farfetched story line, and the unexplained events. Not to mention that pointless, waste of time which was that 'desert walkabout'.

The first few chapters of this game showed promising aspects, but by the end of the game. I was very disappointed. The first two games seemed to tie together more nicely, and the storyline was neat. Whereas I feel the ball was dropped with this third installment.
uncharted 2's developing of a love triangle made the story more interesting for me atleast. in uc3 i feel like elena was just thrown in. i wasn't a fan of the start of uc2 but it keeps getting better as the game progresses.

i don't think uc3 was a bad game. it's just hard to put out a sequel to a game that was so successful and get gamers to buy in when it's not all that different from uc2.

joker-_-32988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #27
Gay Angel

Like most are saying, I love Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3 is good but something about Uncharted 2 excelled better to Uncharted 3.
I remember playing Uncharted 2's campaign over and over, playing tons of online while having so much fun. Uncharted 3 in my honest opinion was good but it just didn't felt the same as the second both story campaign and online.
Gay Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #28
ashiano

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Uncharted 3, hands-down. Overall, both the single and multiplayer are superior to Uncharted 2, imho. My only rant with Uncharted 3: Chloe and Charlie could have been developed further both as individual characters and as part of their story. I mean, even a brief cutscene at the end of the game would have brought some closure.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #29
Kariokebeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohanxcore View Post
Not to mention that pointless, waste of time which was that 'desert walkabout'.
Ah, how was this pointless?? Were you supposed to just wake up at the camp? I found this to be quite relevant. This section was not pointless at all and was very well done. It's these little touches that complete the experience.

If you want to talk about pointless, but awesome was the ship graveyard. That seemed out of place. Very enjoyable, but thrown in the middle as a detour lets say.

Oh and U2 was a better game for me.

"Make Us Whole"

Last edited by Kariokebeach; 03-15-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Kariokebeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #30
The_Tuck

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Red face

Uncharted 3 did not do much for me. I found the brilliance and polish of Uncharted 2 was nowhere to be found.

Overall, I felt the animations and controls took a step back. I think part of this was due to poor level design and part due to too many mechanics that were poorly implemented.

I found myself humping the cover points inexplicably and getting stuck in areas where I couldn't shoot or punch. Having areas where enemies could shoot your party but instead only shot at you broke the 4th wall. The brute fights and the other fisticuff combat mechanics lifted from Rocksteady's Batman series were unwelcome inclusions and the mechanics were half-baked and ultimately repetitive. Wasn't it funny that the pirate had the exact same fighting style as the British guy in the suit?

Other examples:
Restricting Drake's ability to run when walking with NPCs later in the game was weird.
Going slowly through the crevices in the rocks was awkward, too.
Guys sometimes sniped me while I was doing a pull-down of another enemy on the boat, which seemed unfair.
Sometimes a guy would be facing away from me while I was in the water, and their bullets appeared to be going through them and hitting me.

The extra walking mechanics were maybe thematically appropriate but they, too, grew tiresome. Walking in the desert seemed like walking through the snow in the last game. At one point, Drake says "this is getting old" to the suited British villain. Indeed, Drake. In fact, this will be my last Uncharted game.

The aescetics and story in Uncharted 2 were much more pleasing to me. And, a lot of that had to do with character motivation.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

By the end of Uncharted 3, however, I felt like I was playing the purely evil character. Somewhere, Drake seemed to decide that treasure was worth the price of mass murder. Having Chloe and even Elena bow out from the party just hit that point home all the more. Drake never really defended his actions, so the player was left to fill in the gaps. By the end, I didn't feel that Marlowe was a truly evil woman. I thought her underling was a butthead, but Drake, not them, is the character that killed 1,000s of people by game's end.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

After Uncharted 2, he and the series ranked as my favorites. After Uncharted 3, I felt the villain got to ride off in the sunset with the girl.

Last edited by The_Tuck; 03-16-2012 at 09:20 PM.
The_Tuck is offline   Reply With Quote