Campain breaking glitch... Any ideas?

Ok so let me try to explain what is going on here. This morning i started my crushing run played all the way to chapter 8 when I saved and quit. Later this afternoon i came back to it and noticed something funny when i was checking my stats the "autosaving please wait" just keep spinning not sure what was going on.

I continued playing and got the first treasure off the bridge and i didnt get the usual pop up image of the treasure thought huh wierd. When i go to stats it shows that I had one additional trophy but now the music stopped and so did the voices other sounds are unaffectted.

When i progess into the first combat situation and die i get the spinning ring in the corner forever. At this point i cant do anything i to quit to XMB and get the usual 3 beep freeze sound. Eventually the XMB reboots and I go again, this time same thing the autosave never appears to finalize saving i go into combat succeed. SO when i go down to let sully in the audio is still missing he is suppose to say "what were you doing this whole time" or something like that. Next i go to wheel to open the door again no voice "can you help me" and as soon as the door opens nothing strait to the black screen with spinning ring.

My first thought is corrupted save well ok i always back one up just when im about to finish so i have that covered. Deleted the previous save and same issue happens. Next i think that i will need to delete the utility data, do it start back up same thing.

My next hope is to start up the previous chapter(no big deal since its just the flaming chateau level). So i play that a bit, the save seems to be working then all the sudden i get to one of the floor collapse parts before drake gets his leg stuck and the game has a "hiccup" and i loose the music and voices again. So i continue hopeing it will work out and just after the part where you save sully the doorway is we have to climb through is completely white. Sully climbs up and falls through the floor. As soon as i get up there i fall through and die. :mad::mad::mad:

I am so fucking pissed off I have no idea what to do or what else to try to fix this stupid glitch. Now it wasnt that hard and I suppose i could start another new game but im afraid i will have the same issues and it will just be a giant waste of time. What im really afraid of is that i will have to delete all my saves play again just to fucking unlock crushing and collect all the damn treasures again...

Sorry for the rant i just dont know what to do and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas

i started my crushing run from chapter select and havent had any problems, if ya have to start again, i'd recommend starting from chapter select.

Ive known games in the past to glitch trophies when they've been started thru new game and havent when started thru chapter select, although this seems alot worse than just trophies not popping!

Yoka_sun did you start your crushing run as a new game?

Edited by BaSHee26

My only thought is that you should delete the Crushing save file and then delete the game off the hard drive. Keep your save data from the previous playthrough (I'm hoping that your crushing playthrough isn't saved on top of your previous playthrough, not referring to the back up you made). Once you re-download/install the game, it should (hopefully) work in that you can start a new game with the option of playing crushing due to the save data remaining.

I know its a ball-ache that you have to repeat 8 chapters but if you don't delete the save file that keeps corrupting (back up included), even if you delete and re-download the game on the hard drive, the problem will potentially still remain. At least this method doesn't mean playing through again to unlock crushing.

You could always delete off the hard drive and keep the crushing save file first to be safe. It could be that it works from this. If not, follow the method I previously mentioned.

Good luck!

EDIT:

i started my crushing run from chapter select and havent had any problems, if ya have to start again, i'd recommend starting from chapter select.

Apparently doing it through this way doesn't unlock the Crushing difficulty trophy. I can't confirm that but I'm fairly sure I heard about it

Edited by fletchar2

My only thought is that you should delete the Crushing save file and then delete the game off the hard drive. Keep your save data from the previous playthrough (I'm hoping that your crushing playthrough isn't saved on top of your previous playthrough, not referring to the back up you made). Once you re-download/install the game, it should (hopefully) work in that you can start a new game with the option of playing crushing due to the save data remaining.

I know its a ball-ache that you have to repeat 8 chapters but if you don't delete the save file that keeps corrupting (back up included), even if you delete and re-download the game on the hard drive, the problem will potentially still remain. At least this method doesn't mean playing through again to unlock crushing.

You could always delete off the hard drive and keep the crushing save file first to be safe. It could be that it works from this. If not, follow the method I previously mentioned.

Good luck!

EDIT:

Apparently doing it through this way doesn't unlock the Crushing difficulty trophy. I can't confirm that but I'm fairly sure I heard about it

WTF, i hope it does unlock, i heard u may have to replay the last chapter if you do the chapters outta order, to make the trophy pop!

All the chapters ive completed so far, say they've been completed on crushing, so im hoping its just like most games!

Im gonna be pissed off if i gotta do this again!!:eek:

Edited by BaSHee26

WTF, i hope it does unlock, i heard u may have to replay the last chapter if you do the chapters outta order, to make the trophy pop!

All the chapters ive completed so far, say they've been completed on crushing, so im hoping its just like most games!

Im gonna be pissed off if i gotta do this again!!:eek:

That's what I heard too, that you just beat all chapters then go through last one again (assuming it's not the last one you beat on crushing).

Ok I got something that might work. But I am not sure. Maybe it's just random for me. But it worked both times for me. Need some to confirm.

This broken music/cutscene all glitches happen with frozen loading screen and all kinds of cr@p. Basically I tend to believe it's a music/sound issue once it's triggered it won't trigger any cutscene and wont allow you to progress the story.

Try delete game data first and start a new game on different difficulty (of course for a new save). And the cutscene should trigger properly. Progress into the story to trigger the next cutscene and quit the game to main menu. Then load your original save for your original play through. As long as the music does not cut off in a few min it is fixed.

• 2 months later...
Ok so let me try to explain what is going on here. This morning i started my crushing run played all the way to chapter 8 when I saved and quit. Later this afternoon i came back to it and noticed something funny when i was checking my stats the "autosaving please wait" just keep spinning not sure what was going on.

I continued playing and got the first treasure off the bridge and i didnt get the usual pop up image of the treasure thought huh wierd. When i go to stats it shows that I had one additional trophy but now the music stopped and so did the voices other sounds are unaffectted.

When i progess into the first combat situation and die i get the spinning ring in the corner forever. At this point i cant do anything i to quit to XMB and get the usual 3 beep freeze sound. Eventually the XMB reboots and I go again, this time same thing the autosave never appears to finalize saving i go into combat succeed. SO when i go down to let sully in the audio is still missing he is suppose to say "what were you doing this whole time" or something like that. Next i go to wheel to open the door again no voice "can you help me" and as soon as the door opens nothing strait to the black screen with spinning ring.

My first thought is corrupted save well ok i always back one up just when im about to finish so i have that covered. Deleted the previous save and same issue happens. Next i think that i will need to delete the utility data, do it start back up same thing.

My next hope is to start up the previous chapter(no big deal since its just the flaming chateau level). So i play that a bit, the save seems to be working then all the sudden i get to one of the floor collapse parts before drake gets his leg stuck and the game has a "hiccup" and i loose the music and voices again. So i continue hopeing it will work out and just after the part where you save sully the doorway is we have to climb through is completely white. Sully climbs up and falls through the floor. As soon as i get up there i fall through and die. :mad::mad::mad:

I am so fucking pissed off I have no idea what to do or what else to try to fix this stupid glitch. Now it wasnt that hard and I suppose i could start another new game but im afraid i will have the same issues and it will just be a giant waste of time. What im really afraid of is that i will have to delete all my saves play again just to fucking unlock crushing and collect all the damn treasures again...

Sorry for the rant i just dont know what to do and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas

the EXACT same thing is happening to me aswell you coudnt of said that any better. Naughty dog needs to be aware of this ASAP.

Would it not of been easier to contact them via email? Eithier way i hope they see it.

I do not know what their email is, and as I have not yet encountered this glitch, I'm not going to look for it. If you feel the need to email them, you can do it on your own. You might want to fix up OP's grammar, though, for an email.

I do not know what their email is, and as I have not yet encountered this glitch, I'm not going to look for it. If you feel the need to email them, you can do it on your own. You might want to fix up OP's grammar, though, for an email.

Well they released DLC today according to the news. hopefully that will fix that annoying issue hopefully.

• 1 month later...