XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 03-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #251
AbuRiyam

Here is what is disappointing to me,

They go to Yemen, and we hear people speak Arabic. All the Arabic dialogues are correct, HOWEVER, none of them are in Yemeni accent.

Ramsey the pirate speaks in Egyptian accent. And all the Arabic you hear in the market are either "Jordanian" or "Syrian" accent!!

How tough is it to hire someone from Yemen to do the accent??!!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #252
TheDearGunther

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeens View Post
I was surprised at how quickly the plane level was over. I also missed what caused the explosion in the first place. It just seemed to blow up on it's own. In the immortal words of Schafer: "You were right! Everything you touch does turn to shit!"
I didn't notice either. The same in the last chapter. Nate shoots that little crane that is lifting the urn and suddenly the entire ancient city starts to collapse (such a beautiful location, what a waste). It can't stand 1 explosion, but before that point, guys had been shooting at you with RPGs all the time??

Another concern was that about halfway through the game, Chloe and Cutter just disappeared from the story line. Even during the ending cutscene, nobody sees them or hears from them or even mentions them. How's Cutter's leg? Fuck his leg, we just saved the world.

All in all an excellent game though. I didn't think there could be added much more spectacle after U2, but this one was just over the top in terms of explosions and such. I don't think the next game should have even more spectacle in one game, though, or the games will become less enjoyable. Special effects are fun, but we shouldn't be overwhelmed with them.

I also like all the different locations that appear in the game. England, Colombia, France, Syria, Yemen, the Al Khali desert, the Atlantis of the Sands, these are all portrayed really well and different and feel so much fun to play in
Old 03-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #253
AbuRiyam

lol

Ramsee called Nate "Arsse" which means sicko sex addict before he blew the glass in the ship
Old 03-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #254
Tkaley

Send a message via Skype™ to Tkaley

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuRiyam View Post

They go to Yemen, and we hear people speak Arabic. All the Arabic dialogues are correct, HOWEVER, none of them are in Yemeni accent.

Ramsey the pirate speaks in Egyptian accent. And all the Arabic you hear in the market are either "Jordanian" or "Syrian" accent!!

Even though I'm Kenyan (ok, mom's dad is half Yemeni {too much info, eh ?})
I have to agree with you, as I CAN make out Arab(because I live in Dubai), or even English Accents.

But the reason they used a person with a Jordan accent is because they went to Jordan for the Desert thing. To capture the sand's Move ments and physics.

WONT Accept blank requests
PSN - t-man_01
Yes, I bought a PS3 JUST because of GranTurismo5

PSN Card inside

Tkaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #255
Execta

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

Most people don't notice the difference in those Yemen accents and such, unless you're from Yemen. So I don't think it's such a big flaw if they got one accent wrong... No one else bothers about it except for two people, lol. Be happy that they actually speak Arabic...

Trophy cards in spoiler:
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Execta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:50 PM   #256
Thiagoft_55

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   First PS4 Game Nights   Silver Road Map Submitter   Community Gaming Event Gold   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execta View Post
Most people don't notice the difference in those Yemen accents and such, unless you're from Yemen. So I don't think it's such a big flaw if they got one accent wrong... No one else bothers about it except for two people, lol. Be happy that they actually speak Arabic...
Well, if they are going to do the accents, at least do it right... They knew it was going to bother someone. Just saying...
Old 04-14-2012, 03:57 AM   #257
watsittou

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuRiyam View Post

Lol, I'm guess you're Arabic...cuz hell the rest of us didn't notice the difference although I do find this game's story a bit less dramatic than the U2.

Favourite Platinums: [ 3 and Vegas] [Just Cause 2] [Uncharted 2] [AC Revelations]

Proudest Platinum: Skyrim & Just Cause 2
|| Life is just another Game. || Hire me for your web design projects: http://torontoimc.com
watsittou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:01 AM   #258
watsittou

I found that the story was quite weak compared to U2 among theives. How did those british gangsters suddenly become all spirit like gjinns or whatever and could fly and move without any problems in chapter 21.

U2 had a great story abt the cintamani stone and then the resin...this one you don't really know what drake is really after, if anything.

Plus, this game was too glitchy so another down point from me.

Favourite Platinums: [ 3 and Vegas] [Just Cause 2] [Uncharted 2] [AC Revelations]

Proudest Platinum: Skyrim & Just Cause 2
|| Life is just another Game. || Hire me for your web design projects: http://torontoimc.com
watsittou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:09 AM   #259
Bandar

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Silver   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsittou View Post
Lol, I'm guess you're Arabic...cuz hell the rest of us didn't notice the difference although I do find this game's story a bit less dramatic than the U2.
Im an Arab and as i said a few pages back it bothered me as well. I mean they went through the trouble and got Arabic speaking actors to do the voices, least they could've done is make sure they spoke the right accent.
Quote:
I found that the story was quite weak compared to U2 among theives. How did those british gangsters suddenly become all spirit like gjinns or whatever and could fly and move without any problems in chapter 21.

U2 had a great story abt the cintamani stone and then the resin...this one you don't really know what drake is really after, if anything.

Plus, this game was too glitchy so another down point from me.
. Drake was hallucinating due to drinking from the poisoned water.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Bandar; 04-14-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Bandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #260
Ivotas

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

Quote:
It was a halucination Drake saw thanks to drinking the water. They didn't change at all but to Drake it appeared like that.

Ivotas is offline   Reply With Quote