Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. This thread has been created to discuss anything Uncharted related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I'm disappointed to the ending of Uncharted 3. Not the best in the series. Plus it seemed as if Nate and Elena were engaged or married before Uncharted 3 took place and Sully returned Nate's ring back to him because Nate and Elena are meant to be together.

I have to say that I'm disappointed to the ending of Uncharted 3. Not the best in the series. Plus it seemed as if Nate and Elena were engaged or married before Uncharted 3 took place and Sully returned Nate's ring back to him because Nate and Elena are meant to be together.

they were engaged...

I feel the same way. I felt like the game was well put together up until the ending of the game and they just through an ending on it. It wasn't a cliff hanger or anything, it just made me think will they be married in the next uncharted and will we play a Drake and Elena's kid.

This is also my first time looking at the credits in a video and I surprised to see how many special thanks ND gave to other studios and some of them are not Sony's; Bungie and Respawn, it's nice to know that ND are not afraid to get help from other studios.

This is also my first time looking at the credits in a video and I surprised to see how many special thanks ND gave to other studios and some of them are not Sony's; Bungie and Respawn, it's nice to know that ND are not afraid to get help from other studios.

When i spoke to naughty dog employees, they said this was a practice that they frequently did following a project. they liked to visit other studios, play their titles and see how Uncharted matched up to others. They would share ideas and techniques with other studios. At the end, its all about making the best product. You want to learn from your competitors, so you don't make the same mistakes and improve on what has been done already

Plus it seemed as if Nate and Elena were engaged or married before Uncharted 3 took place and Sully returned Nate's ring back to him because Nate and Elena are meant to be together.

This was a "problem" I had already been wondering about as soon as I finished Uncharted 2; "now that Nate and Elena are together again -seemingly permanent this time- is Elena just gonna be tagging along in each new game?" So I figured, either they leave her at home or at work elsewhere while Nate goes adventuring, or they'll kill her off (not likely).

But what did they do? Have them break up again? They can't keep doing this, it's getting a bit ridiculous. If in the next game it turns out they broke up yet again, I won't be able to take their relationship seriously anymore (it's already borderline now).

Other than that, no real complaints. Except that Marlowe is a rather boring villain. Talbot on the other hand is the kind of villain you're just waiting to finish off. To quote Sully; "God, what a dick!" 8]

Imo Lazarevic remains the most fearsome Uncharted villain so far.

I'm also disappointed by the ending.. The beginning was also a bit boring imo.. :p

I didn't feel like I was on an adventure searching for a big treasure this time around.. Was more like: save sully, get drake's ring back, save Sully..

No last boss fight iirc.. Not any weird creatures (other than the demons Drake "saw")..

Great game, just not as good as Among Thieves :)

I'd say the fight with Talbot can be considered the final boss. Somehow I managed to shoot him right in the head during the last bit without really trying. Lucky aim!

that last boss fight was definitely inspired by the final fight on the beach in Mission: Impossible II between Ethan and Sean. It was cool

Given that he didn't seem hurt at all, I figured he was wearing a bulletproof suit.

During the last fight, does shooting him in the chest work? As I was just trying to shoot him as quickly as possible, I ended up shooting him in the head (as I said before). So I dunno if hitting him elsewhere works.

Then again, even if it does work, he changed into a different outfit at least once during the game...

During the last fight, does shooting him in the chest work? As I was just trying to shoot him as quickly as possible, I ended up shooting him in the head (as I said before). So I dunno if hitting him elsewhere works.

I think I shot him in the chest when I killed him.. Aimed directly at his head the first time, but I seemed to have missed, so the aim might be a bit off... :)

Well it seems that Uncharted 4 is coming in 2014 :D

Personally I think the story is best in the series, I liked how they explained the relationship between Sully and Drake and how much they both care for each other.

Naughty Dog did an amazing job with the story, but I was little disappointed because they didn't involve Elena much in the story.

Another thing about Cutter, after he jumps off the Tower and breaks his leg what is that card with the Tower on it that Chloe finds in his pocket? You hear Marlowe mention something about 'it was always on the cards'?

I'm not sure about this but either they planted the card on him without him knowing? Or maybe Marlowe gave Cutter the card to lead them to the Tower on purpose? :think:

Edited by Yoi83

Another thing about Cutter, after he jumps off the Tower and breaks his leg what is that card with the Tower on it that Chloe finds in his pocket? You hear Marlowe mention something about 'it was always on the cards'?

I'm not sure about this but either they planted the card on him without him knowing? Or maybe Marlowe gave Cutter the card to lead them to the Tower on purpose? :think:

The whole Tarot Cards thing seemed way out of place when I saw that. They really didnt show Marlowe using them earlier in the game. The only other reference I saw was in the Journal. They did a poor job explaining that aspect of the story. Marlowe in general was not really developed as a character, especially given her stupid death.

That was literally the worst villain death I have played. She just falls into a hole full of sand. The end. In that case Talbot should have been the only Enemy in the story. Marlowe was no Lazarevic and Talbot was more intriguing than Flynn respectively.

Marlowe in general was not really developed as a character, especially given her stupid death.

That was literally the worst villain death I have played. She just falls into a hole full of sand. The end.

"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"

I'm guessing her death was supposed to be somewhat symbolic.

And Talbot proves yet again what a bastard he really is at this point;

*Marlowe sinking into the quicksand*

Talbot: "You can't just let her die!"

Sully: "The hell he can!"

Nate: *tries to help her anyway*

<later>

Talbot bumps into Nate and Sully on the way out. What does he do? Attack the guy who said to let Marlowe die or the one who actually tried to save her? Why, the latter, of course!... Because he's a bastard. :p

The ending was like done in the hurry, not a lot of jokes, which should be there cause it's definetly a happy ending.

The 2nd thing was the holes in the storyline. What happened between Drake & Elena after U2? Did they get engaged? Then Drake leaved her to continue his treasure-hunting? We are left with nothing but speculations here, which is bad, cause' it's about normal everyday thing, not a mysterious act that should remain uncovered for a long-time speculations.

The 3rd thing was Marlow. She looked like a great villain-mastermind, but sadly she turned out to be heavily underdeveloped character. Talbot was supposed to be only her right-hand sidekick, but it seems like the whole "badassery" fell down on his shoulders. Luckily he was a memorable character, elegant, evil underboss & a cold-blooded brit-bastard.

PS: got 2 give credit to Charlie too. He was so much Jason Statham-like character, with more muscle, which made him a bit more credible as a thug for hire as we see him at the very begining.

http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/4/Kunegunda_GoRyl.png

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl