IMPORTANT - Glitch and the new update!!!

Hey all, just an update on the glitch and didn't want anyone to miss it (hence the new thread)

Someone has alread done the update and you can NOT do the glitch! I decided not to do it( will sign u out of PSN) I was on chapter 15 on hard with the glitch and just completed. I got the TROPHIES!

My advice is if you want to do the glitch then simply don't do the update.

Hope this helps

Edited by Ryan188Beast

Yeah, I just discovered it first hand.

Specifically what happens is it removes one of the two blue blobs near the platform when fighting Lazaravic. It's still there, but as soon as it's shot, the tree roots shrink away and it doesn't reappear.

As this is the main blue blob you need to exploit the glitch, running 1.01 means you have to do to the old-fashioned way. Alternatively, just don't run the patch.

The "ledge" I used on my first playthrough (Normal Mode) turned out to be very different than the ledge everyone else used recently (the one that works). I beat Crushing before even realizing this difference. On top of that the 'wrong' ledge I used certainly didn't work for me on Hard (cause it was the wrong ledge lol) and I didn't even bother trying it on Crushing Mode. In the end, doing it the normal way (running in circles till your fingers hurt) really isn't that bad. It's just an endurance run really but far from impossible.

Aww man, my dumb bro updated it!!!!!:mad::mad::Have to play 'Hard' and 'Crushing' to get plat:(

You can delete the update by going into GAME DATA on XMB (be careful NOT Save Data). Find the Uncharted 2 1.01 file and simply delete it. When you next run the game, just hit O when it asks you to update. Just note that you won't be able to play the game online until you run the update.

You can delete the update by going into GAME DATA on XMB (be careful NOT Save Data). Find the Uncharted 2 1.01 file and simply delete it. When you next run the game, just hit O when it asks you to update. Just note that you won't be able to play the game online until you run the update.

^^yup, this is what i was gonna say^^

so let me get this straight i haven't updated yet.. i'm on the middle of my hard playthrough, was gonna do the glitch tomorrow and finish hard and crushing this weekend.. so does it still work as mentioned in the other thread?? or something changed?

From what I understand, and have read, if you haven't updated yet you should still be able to ledge your way to victory. I fully understand the desire to get Crushing behind you as painless as possible but from a purist point of view just think of the satisfaction you'd get from defeating the boss without using it! Just think of all the hard work you went through getting passed the infamous Water Room in the first Uncharted. That is of course assuming you didn't use the glitch on that either. :)

I'm really interested what happens to people now who still have a Save Game with Tweaks enabled on a difficulty they can't normally?

Does it still work for those people then, and it's just impossible to do it another time?

I tried this tweak method for my hard play through and updated the game while I was on chapter 23 or so. I got the trophies last night with no issue.

Crushing will be a legit play through though so I guess it doesn't really bother me either way.

In fact, I thought I'd try out the ledge technique mentioned here during the fight and it worked just fine after the update. Maybe I used a different ledge though than what other people are claiming.

Edited by SwatTJ

Im confused, im on Chapter 8 on Crushing with the tweaks enabled, but i accidently did the update! Does this mean i cant get the trophy now?

Keep going. Like I said in my post a couple up, I did it on my Hard game and got my trophies after the update just fine. I can't imagine it would work for Hard and not Crushing.

well that's a good news, isn't it ? That means that this team is very reactive and that they fix problems quickly

Some people might not consider removing the glitch as being a problem that needed fixing :p I mean let's face it, Crushing can be really frustrating and whatever comes along that gives us a little help becomes a nice relief. I completed both 1 and 2 without using glitches mainly because I didn't know about them until after I finished lol. Sure it added more frustration but in the end it's a very satisfying feeling of accomplishment.

I don't want anyone's saved games to be ruined so that they can't get trophies. However, I would've recommended that people not cheat to beat Crushing. It's such a great game and pretty easy on its own. If you suck the little challenge there is out, it wouldn't have been rewarding for me.

Uncharted 1 was much, much harder to beat on Crushing.