Train Boss on Crushing

Justtinho

Hey!

Does anyone have any tips on beating the boss (the one with the helmet and goggles) on the train (I think it's chapter 14 or 15, not sure)?

I've been stuck on him for like an hour (and that's not normal for me :D ).

I've tried around 20 times t obeat him, but he always ends up killing me.

I got to the bit where I punch him, then press triangle button to dodge his bunch, then on the second time when I had to press triangle again I missed it and he killed me. I find it extremelly difficult. I've no space, and when he runs at me I try running to the other end of the train, but he shoots me.

So any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Justtinho

way i did it was saved all my grenades. run in take cover behind first booth chair w/e u get to. blind fired m4 till he stagered thew all grenades at him at one time. then he charged me did melee thing. ran to other end of train take cover blind fired. then he threw a grenade and shifted to other cover. and 1 more blind fire round he charged me for the last of the melee. so easy way to say it is just blindfire till he throws a grenade then shift position. best advice i can give ya. ^^ good luck keep at it.

Well, I only have one grenade. ;/

And you say that the first time he runs to me I should just fight him? But when I try to punch I get a few punches in, then he catches my fist and hits me, which takes most of my health away, if I keep fighting, he does the same and kills me. Running to the other side of the train helped a couple of times, but I still failed the punch combo. And then when I tried it again he shot me while I was running.

And yes, I do blindfire. :(

I tried looking for a Crushing walkthrough (yes, I'm that desperate in this fight), but couldn't find any. ;/

EDIT: Phew, I got it. It feels floooky (lol, don't know how to spell that word). I took cover behind the seat, blindfired, he threw a grenade, I ran hid at the start of the train thing, he ran to me, I kept blindfiring, his helmet fell off, I hit him first, and even though it didn't say to press triangle I still did, then I hit the combo again and got him.

He's such a "jerkweed", just like Nate said. :)

Thanks for all the tips!!!

Edited by Justtinho

i found him a pain in the ass. but when i got my strategy i did it straight away.

from the get go jump over the bit where u start and run down the train press O really quick to Evade behind cover that wat you can blindfire really close at his Head then he trys throw grenade at you because your so close the grenade is behind the cover when he throws it he then rushes you grenade hits him his HELMET flys off and then just get the Sequence right EASY

i found him a pain in the ass. but when i got my strategy i did it straight away.

from the get go jump over the bit where u start and run down the train press O really quick to Evade behind cover that wat you can blindfire really close at his Head then he trys throw grenade at you because your so close the grenade is behind the cover when he throws it he then rushes you grenade hits him his HELMET flys off and then just get the Sequence right EASY

This is the best way, just did it :eek:. The jerkweed.

Heres the simplest explanation. Shoot at him enough and you'll get his helmet off. Once his helmet is off go for melee attacks. The game will show you button prompts which if you successfully hit all of them the guy will die. I know this because I got stuck on this part yesterday and after trying 15 times this is how I did it. Oh and btw I GOT THE PLAT!!:D

On hard I struggled on few parts as It was also my first time playing, so the helicoptor boss on Chapter 6, the train "General" Boss and the last one, I died quite few times, on my crushing run through, did all of em first time because I knew what to expect and what not to do lol but for that boss just did as most people said, covered, blind fired, punched him...

what i did(on hard mode) is pick up a sniper at the begin on the lv and shoot him 1 time with it and then 1 fistfight and his dead:D

Well, I doupt that anyone would have any real problems on Hard (unless they're playing it for the first time, and never played Drake's Fortune). On Hard I just shot him, without blindfire and got him on my second attempt. :)

this dude was easy as fuck, i too thought this would be one of the more problematic parts on crushing but nah, i whooped his ass real easily, just unloaded the mp4 on his ass while throwing 2 grenades at him, then he runs up to me and do the little tango and run to the opposite side where another grenade sits, i throw that grenade while unloading more clips at his ass and his helmet falls off, then i do the final sequence and he was dead. I literally started crushing yesterday and am already on ch 16 after 3 hrs of play and thats including not skipping any of the movies. Definately much easier than part 1 was, so if u platinumed that, this will be a cakewalk.

this dude was easy as fuck, i too thought this would be one of the more problematic parts on crushing but nah, i whooped his ass real easily, just unloaded the mp4 on his ass while throwing 2 grenades at him, then he runs up to me and do the little tango and run to the opposite side where another grenade sits, i throw that grenade while unloading more clips at his ass and his helmet falls off, then i do the final sequence and he was dead. I literally started crushing yesterday and am already on ch 16 after 3 hrs of play and thats including not skipping any of the movies. Definately much easier than part 1 was, so if u platinumed that, this will be a cakewalk.

I platinumed the first one, but I still found this part pretty hard!

I don't know why people are saying that Drake's Fortune is harder than this on Crushing. I had no problems what so ever on DF.

I am stuck at this boss in the train level on crushing. I mean, eventually he runs up at you the 1st time, I hit square, square and when I have to press triangle he doesn't do anything.

I think to myself, come on, you played this on normal and hard, just try again. So I do the same thing, he doesn't dodge the attack! When the fuck is he going to do something? And second, do I have to press triangle QUICK or HOLD it? Can't remember on Normal or Hard, that was easy, but this...I have thrown my controller multiple times, it's getting on my nerves.

So in short:

1) When triangle?

2) How? Quik press or holding it?

3) If I keep dying, I would want to give someone my name and pass, because this is hell...I have played COD World At War on Veteran and that was like ramming your head into a wall but this....

Just keep at it. Shoot until he gets mad and charges. Pop out from cover and hit him first. Just keep hitting him until you see he is about to counter and I am sure the triangle will pop up. But don't stop hitting him is the point I am making. Don't just hit "square, square".

answer to your questions:

1) when it pops up

2) quick press should work

3) the mid boss is nothing compared to the final boss in terms of difficulty. That said, this game is at least 50% easier than CODWAW veteran, so just keep at it :)

Thanks for the advice I have finaly done it! The first few times, nothing came on my screen but after many losses they started appearing. So I knew from than on, when I had to press triangle.

This is kind off strange tough, I had some other parts in the game were I failed a lot and after a few times, things change. Like how many there are or who they are. Like in Shambalah, on the big square. I failed a lot and the normal enemies disappeared and 2 of those purple beasts started coming from then on. Weird, very weird, it's like the game is making it easier if you fail a lot at a certain part.

Thanks for the advice I have finaly done it! The first few times, nothing came on my screen but after many losses they started appearing. So I knew from than on, when I had to press triangle.

This is kind off strange tough, I had some other parts in the game were I failed a lot and after a few times, things change. Like how many there are or who they are. Like in Shambalah, on the big square. I failed a lot and the normal enemies disappeared and 2 of those purple beasts started coming from then on. Weird, very weird, it's like the game is making it easier if you fail a lot at a certain part.

I feel your pain on the train boss, he is the hardest mother fucker I have beat in the game, on hard I beat him no probs but on crushing he was deadly. I had the same problem as you, the fucking triangle wouldn't always appear, so there was no way to kill him, I got lucky and hit triangle and kept punching him, if he had of hit me one more time I was dead. Also the same thing happened to me in shambalah :)

Edited by berts08

The train boss wasn't too bad, Just had to get a couple quick head shots in and his helmet popped off. Just to clarify - you won't get the melee QTE sequence unless his helmet is off on hard/crushing difficulty (just like you can't melee the shotgun/m4 guys with the face mask and helmets until you shoot their helmets off).

Overall this one was definitely easier than the first game because the swarms of enemies felt more manageable / they didn't spawn from all sides and there were no coverless areas to traverse. That blue water room in U1 and some of the courtyards at the end of the game could be very frustrating (oh, and that shootout in the church - that was more memorize the spawn pattern and don't miss a single sniper shot or you're dead) than reacting. This game was also way more generous with ammo this time around. You can get through most of crushing blind firing / just popping out and shooting the guys in the chest and never have to worry about ammo. In the first uncharted I felt like I had to really manage how many bullets I used per enemy.

I platinumed the first one, but I still found this part pretty hard!

I don't know why people are saying that Drake's Fortune is harder than this on Crushing. I had no problems what so ever on DF.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, eventually beat him but with DF it was heaps easier. Well at least i have platinum for both games :D

Yeah thats what i was thinking, eventually beat him but with DF it was heaps easier. Well at least i have platinum for both games :D

I'm on chapter 23, I think, it might be 22, not sure (I'm in the monastery).

So when I finish the game now, I'll get the Crushing trophy, then I'll get the treasures on Very Easy and the kill Trophies and that's pretty much all I gotta do for the Platinum.

Btw, 88% on FIFA 10? Wow, did you get the 100 ranked wins?

well me and my friend both agree that uncharted 1 was harder than part 2, i swear i was way more frustrated going through it on part 1 than on 2, i actually just beat it on crushing yesterday, only took me 2 days and about 7 hours total of play time to beat it on crushing.