Uncharted 2 Plot hole, Drake should had been jailed for murder.

So at the beginning of the museum Drake is hanging off the outside of the museum on the roof. It's a long fall down into the ocean. Drake is forced to throw an innocent security guard off the roof. Now if the security guard isn't dead (you die from 5ft falls) then he is missing.

Drake wasn't in jail for the suspicion of murder though. Technically he should be in jail for the entire Uncharted 2 game and some of Uncharted 3.

You do realize when they were sneaking through the museum you were taking guards out silently... by breaking their necks! Which usually results in death. If you think he should be jailed for murder, he would probably get a life sentence.

Also when you think of it, Drake is a mass murderer that should be executed :think:

You do realize when they were sneaking through the museum you were taking guards out silently... by breaking their necks! Which usually results in death. If you think he should be jailed for murder, he would probably get a life sentence.

Also when you think of it, Drake is a mass murderer that should be executed :think:

They didn't break their necks. If you looked closely you would see them either making them pass out from the lack of air or hitting them hard on the head. They did not snap anyone's neck.

It should be because instead of being arrested for breaking and entering and damage to museum property he should also be charged with the disappearance of a museum guard lol.

He's not killing mercenaries or pirates, people care about museum guards.

Bad guys have familys too :p

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnCuwpnwscE]Austin Powers Steam roller scene - YouTube[/ame]

Best video clip from any of the Austin Powers films!

Do you mean when Flynn says "Guy above, guy above. Guy below, guy below"? If so, wasn't that above water? I can't remember 100% though.

EDIT:

So at the beginning of the museum Drake is hanging off the outside of the museum on the roof. It's a long fall down into the ocean.

Ah, never saw that the first time. I guess it's presumed he lives.

Edited by fletchar2

Do you mean when Flynn says "Guy above, guy above. Guy below, guy below"? If so, wasn't that above water? I can't remember 100% though.

EDIT:

Ah, never saw that the first time. I guess it's presumed he lives.

If he fell in leg first the water would rush into his anus and kill him, I'm assuming he didn't even had time to react.

When he falls in the river he becomes a ragdoll so he is either dead or unconscious and if he were unconscious with his head not above water then he drowned. No matter what angle he becomes a ragdoll.

but he doesn't kill him. Seriously play the level again and stay hanging and look down the guard just swims off.............

Also nate and sully survive a similar jump at the end of the chapter 4......

The uncharted universe is certainly not the most realistic but so what, its a game.

Yeah the guard doesn't die, just played that chapter. So no plot hole!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
If he fell in leg first the water would rush into his anus and kill him, I'm assuming he didn't even had time to react.

When he falls in the river he becomes a ragdoll so he is either dead or unconscious and if he were unconscious with his head not above water then he drowned. No matter what angle he becomes a ragdoll.

Also if you fall into water from 110 feet it's like hitting concrete. Sorry pal there's no healing from that huge gash in your skull. But if the guard was still conscious he could (this sound gross) hold his butt with his hands to stop the water from going in. But that fall must have been a 1,000 feet so he definitely have died. It's not the fall that kills you its the sudden stop in velocity. Your body can't take that. It's like experiencing so many g forces that it would kill you instantly. But hey that's just what science says. So unless you're chuck Norris you're not gonna survive that fall. :applause: