Uncharted 2 DLC ~ Road Map

TigerLust

If you have found this or any other threads that I maintain useful and are compelled to join this forum as a consequence, please give me a referral upon signing up by clicking here.

These road maps and/or trophy guides remains the property of the author. Playstationtrophies.org is licensed to display this once here in the forum and one copy on the "front end" of the site under the guide tab. This license does not allow any additional copies to be posted on this site, nor in any other physical form, electronic media, or any other form. This may not be duplicated in any fashion without the expressed permission of the author.

The servers have closed, thus all of the online trophies are now unobtainable.

Road Map

Overview

+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (if boosting - legit it's 10/10)

+ Drake's Fortune DLC: 12 (1 (S) 11 (B)

+ Siege DLC: 11 (1 (S) 10 (B))  

+ Total DLC Online: 23 (2 (S) 21 (B))  

+ Approximate time: 10-75 hours

+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: Many, many, many matches

+ Missable trophies: None

+ Glitched: None

+ Cheats: None

+ Does difficulty affect trophies?: 3 co-op maps must be done on both Hard and Crushing.

Please refer to Pesico's Trophy Guide for more details on the trophies.

If you are playing legit and want to find lots of randoms, make sure you have your matchmaking set to "Default" (not "DLC").

Boosting: While it is possible to boost, it is hard to get setup. You will need ten boosters to fill out a room. Find boosting partners in this thread. In order to pair up, have two teams of five people each (a party of six will not be able to start). In order to boost with less possibility of randoms, turn DLC ON. Have the hosts of both parties be a similar rank for more chance of being paired. Both groups should join the appropriate match (Plunder/DM/Elimination). The host should :circle: back out if he finds a group of a smaller number of players, and then search again. If you do end up with randoms thou, your best bet is to quit the match and regroup.

While I did boost a lot of this, I find it more time-consuming to get a proper group together (and getting people to actually boost) than doing it legit. For some reason a lot of people join a boost and think it means a legit match.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Plunder

You want to start with this, as it matches players players based on rank. You should get matched with lower ranked players, if enough are available. Your goal is for your TEAM to capture 200 treasures, and in the process you will likely accomplish what you need for the other two trophies listed in this section (50 objective wins and 10 protectorate medals). Be sure to clean up these other two trophies before moving on to Elimination and Death match.

While some of the misc MP medals can be earned here (such as Tricky and Triple threat), you are better off going for them specifically in Death match.

You should get these trophies while doing this step:

(B) [Drake's Fortune] Plundered! Get 200 Captured Medals (Your TEAM needs to capture 200 treasures in plunder mode.)

(B) [Drake's Fortune] Plays Well With Others Win 50 Objective Games (Your TEAM needs to win objectives, which includes plunder as well as any you find under the objective playlist.)

(B) [siege] You Run, I'll Shoot Get 10 Protectorate Medals (While a teammate carrying the treasure is being shot, kill the opponent doing the shooting. Do this 5 times in a plunder match to get 1 medal.)

Step 2: Elimination

Win 50 Elimination Games for (B) [Drake's Fortune] Still Alive.

Step 3: Cold Blooded

Your main goal for this step is to get 2500 kills :eek:, which will obviously take a lot of time. While doing this, get all the rest of these trophies out of the way. If you are doing this with friends, have the lowest ranked player be the host, so that you all get paired with the lowest ranked opponents, which makes this grind a lot easier.

A few of the misc medals earned in other matches will also count towards this, but you are better off going for them specifically in Death match while grinding out the 2500 kills anyhow. Most of them must be done in death match to count thou, even when it doesn't say so in the trophy description. Note that "The Lab" is considered Deathmatch, and will therefore count for these trophies (you will usually get matched with the elite campers in the lab, so I strongly suggest standard DM).

(S) [Drake's Fortune] Cold Blooded Get 2,500 Kills in Deathmatch or Elimination games

(B) [Drake's Fortune] Wipe Them Out... Win 50 Deathmatch Games

(B) [Drake's Fortune] Sneaky... Get 50 Stealth Kill (Best with lvl 34 "Walk Softly" booster)

(B) [Drake's Fortune] Brass Knuckles Get 100 Melee Kills (best is to blindfire, then quickly hit them)

(B) [Drake's Fortune] Tastes Like Chicken Get 20 BBQ Medals (use propane tanks, generators and jeeps - RPG kills do NOT count)

(B) [Drake's Fortune] Rapid Fire Get 7 Tripled Medals in Deathmatch (kill three in a short time, grenade/BBQ/gun at a group)

(B) [siege] I'll Cover You Get 50 Defender Medals (kill an opponent that is shooting a teammate)

(B) [siege] Back at Ya Get 50 Retaliation Medals (The "Revenge" Booster is great for this)

(B) [siege] Kneel Before Z... Get 5 Put' Em Down Medals (easiest when a teammate just misses an opponent with explosive and they fall, quickly shoot them in the head with a pistol while they are still kneeling down)

(B) [siege] Speedy Get 10 First! Medals (At the start of the match, run straight to the center of the map and try to get the first kill)

(B) [siege] Fallen Angel Get 50 Afterlife Medals (The "Revenge" Booster is great for this)

(B) [siege] Not So Fast Get 20 Shut'Em Down Medals (Kill a player that is on a kill streak of 5 or more)

(B) [siege] Jack of All Trades Get 15 Triple Threat Medals (Get at least nine kills, with at least three kills per type of weapon: long guns, pistols, and explosive {Grenade, RPG, BBQ}.)

(S) [siege] Rock A Rhyme Get 100 Tricky Medals (pistol kill while hanging from a ledge.)

Step 4: Co-Op

There are two reasons you are doing this last. Firstly, you want to have purchased co-op upgrades, many of which are not available until you ranked up quite a bit. Secondly, you want to do the versus matches while you have a lower rank, and thus match with other lower ranked players - if you do co-op first, you will level up and then get paired with higher level players, which are often solid campers.

Buy as many of the co-op upgrades as you can, and then find two teammates in the co-op boosting partners thread.

First you will want to complete all three maps (Nepal Warzone, The Village and The Sanctuary) on Hard, and you will unlock crushing. Then you want to beat all three maps on Crushing. (The trophies do not "stack" difficulties, so you should do it this way.)

For Survival, Gold Rush and Siege - you can go to Custom match, pick co-op, and select the map of your personal preference. This also ensures you will get the match type you desire. (If you don't go into custom match, the server will generate two random match types and map choices for you to vote on.)

(B) [Drake's Fortune] I Told You I Was Hardcore! Complete All 3 Co-op Objective Maps on Hard Difficulty

(B) [siege] You Can't Break Me Complete all three Co-op Objective maps on Crushing (Complete any co-op map on hard to unlock crushing)

(B) [Drake's Fortune] Made It Finish Wave 10 in one Survival Game

(B) [Drake's Fortune] Gold Digger Finish Wave 10 in one Gold Rush Game

(B) [siege] Under Siege Finish Wave 10 in one Siege Game

Closing Notes

Road Map is complete! Open to suggestions, feedback, comments etc. Thank you for reading and I hope you have fun getting your 100%

Edited by Viper
Added server closure notices.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10-20 hours? Really? :eek: Maybe if you got the perfect boosting group together with zero connection issues and found the other group every single time you searched then this could be done in 20 hours... maybe. It's much more like 40+ hours though. Also I'm pretty sure that the in game stat (which reads 40ish hours for me) is game time, it doesn't take into account sitting in lobbies, which you'll do a lot of while playing this. It probably took me 60-70 hours of play, that includes lobbies, waiting for people to join, trying to match up, connection issues etc.

I'm sorry but 10 hours is a diabolical estimate, that's impossible by anyone's standards.

Edited by McGarnigle

If you have DLC *OFF*, you will find matches a lot quicker. I was playing it a month ago and found games most of the time, especially in standard deathmatch.

If you are boosting, and pair up, you dont need to quit and repair, just wait a minute to start the next match and you guys will continue to be paired up until people drop.

It took me around 20 hours (just a guess, I played several hours for a few days), but I have been in some games with people who did an insane amount of kills per match, and it likely took them only 10 hours to get this all done.

Anyhow, I agree it can take people a lot longer, and am changing it to "10-75 hours" as that should cover just about everyone.

Well I can't argue with the change to 75 hours, I mean if you have a bad connection and are always disconnecting like I've seen some people do it could take you that kinda time. It isn't waiting in lobbies for the competitive matches I was referring to though, for me it never took more than a minute to find a game while playing competitively. The 2500 kills didn't take me that long either really, if I was to guess I'd say 10-15 hours legit. It's waiting in lobbies for the boosting that eats up all the time- making sure the teams are equal, making sure everyone knows what they're doing, trying to find the other team (I know you can just not back out and stay with them but actually finding them to begin with can take a half hour at times).... Then someone inevitably disconnects and you have to find them again.... Next game someone wants to get BBQ kills so we all have to go looking for the canisters.... Next someone wants to do Protectorate... and a dozen other things that just act as serious time sinks.

Anyway the road map is good, I just want to make people aware that if they want to get this done, they're in for the long haul.

I agree with what you wrote. However, things like:

1) people just not co-operating in a boost session

2) people that drop mid-session

3) clowns that always want to do whatever the rest of the group isn't doing

4) etc

is true for just about any game that requires several people to boost the trophy properly. We could be talking about forming a posse in RDR, or earning more rank points in Bioshock 2. It's all the same, if your luck is bad enough it can take hundreds of frustrating hours forming a proper group.

The odds of getting matched with lower level players in plunder seems to be slim to none anymore. I spent over a hundred rounds over the past few days aborting so my level would go down. I went from 38 to 1 and only came across 2 matches with low level players. So I would estimate that 95% of the time you will be up against those extraordinary players who will wipe the floor with any new player. I may have to give up on getting protectorates. I was only able to get three in those rare low level matches. High level players seem to play plunder in a manner not suited to having protectors.

No, you only need to complete a competitive and cooperative game to get the platinum, which will take no more than 20 minutes. The DLC trophies are separate.

As for getting Protectorates without boosting- it would be way more trouble than it's worth. Those high level parties are attracted to plunder like flies to shit. They'll just guard the treasure for the full 20 minutes and rack up kills, making no effort to actually play the game properly. Unless you're in your own clan with good players and good tactics you'll have no chance of competing with them, and if these people do get matched up with high level players they'll most likely just quit out and wait for a bunch of weak randoms to beat up on anyway :rolleyes:

Edited by McGarnigle

• 2 months later...
If you have DLC *OFF*, you will find matches a lot quicker. I was playing it a month ago and found games most of the time, especially in standard deathmatch.

Just got the DLC, tried to find matches and noticed this option. But now I'm confused. Can you still earn DLC trophies even if you have DLC turned off in matchmaking?

Just got the DLC, tried to find matches and noticed this option. But now I'm confused. Can you still earn DLC trophies even if you have DLC turned off in matchmaking?

DLC on/off means wether you choose to play the general maps or the DLC additional maps. You can progress your trophy stats on any map thou, as long as the game type (plunder, Deathmatch, etc) matches the trophy requirements.

DLC on/off means wether you choose to play the general maps or the DLC additional maps. You can progress your trophy stats on any map thou, as long as the game type (plunder, Deathmatch, etc) matches the trophy requirements.

Ahh, that's good to know. I guess I'll be trying DLC off for now then. Thanks for the info.

Btw, allow me one more question. Where exactly can I play Siege mode? In matchmaking I could find all the classics like Deathmatch, Elimination etc. but no mention of Siege mode. Also the difference between all competative and ranked is a bit unclear to me. Sorry for asking all these noobish questions.:o

Ahh, that's good to know. I guess I'll be trying DLC off for now then. Thanks for the info.

Btw, allow me one more question. Where exactly can I play Siege mode? In matchmaking I could find all the classics like Deathmatch, Elimination etc. but no mention of Siege mode. Also the difference between all competative and ranked is a bit unclear to me. Sorry for asking all these noobish questions.:o

Siege is in Co-op Objective. Competitive is anything in MP that isn't co-op. Ranked tracks your wins and losses and you have a separate rank that goes up or down depending on how you play.

Siege is in Co-op Objective. Competitive is anything in MP that isn't co-op. Ranked tracks your wins and losses and you have a separate rank that goes up or down depending on how you play.

But isn't a standard deathmatch also ranked? I mean I earn money and rank up by playing it or is there some sort of difference?

Btw, thanks for explaining that about Siege. Thought I could select it directly. My mistake.

But isn't a standard deathmatch also ranked? I mean I earn money and rank up by playing it or is there some sort of difference?

"All Competitive" is a mode that simply switches between games like Deathmatch, elimination, and other game types, randomly picking another after each game.

I suggest you play the specific mode that applies to the trophies you need, as it is listed in the road map itself. The road map also explains specifically how to start a siege match.

"All Competitive" is a mode that simply switches between games like Deathmatch, elimination, and other game types, randomly picking another after each game.

I suggest you play the specific mode that applies to the trophies you need, as it is listed in the road map itself. The road map also explains specifically how to start a siege match.

Right, that's what I'm doing now. Speaking of which, I've just started but so far I have no idea why it is generally considered that the DLC trophies need to be boosted. I mean I got my ass kicked several times today and still already made some small progress towards certain trophies. I expected far worse from what I've heard so far here.

That said, will probably boost Afterlife (since that doesn't seem to pop up always even when I meet the requirements) and tripled.^^

Really? What's the point of this different rank then? Sorry for asking countless questions but this got me curious.:o

The rank that you need to unlock additional boosters/upgrades/etc is just a matter of time, as you earn points for just about everything you do.

The other rank is related to actual skill, and takes into account things like your kill/death ratio, win/loss ratio, assists, and some other stuff. I don't really know the exact list, those are just some guesses about what is factored in. ;)

At the end of the day thou, there isn't a point to either. :p Just play the best you can.

• 1 month later...
Any hints on how to get the protectorates easily? Been trying for kinda like a week and got no one. Never enough time to kill the guys shooting the treasure carrier. Stop always on the 4th or 3rd. =S

The only way to get them "easily" is to boost them. The standard way is to have a nice load out, pickup powerfull weapons and let a teammate carry the treasure, then protect him. Many people use the technique of tossing the treasure towards the goal thou, which makes this impossible to do. I got it by boosting...

• 2 weeks later...