Boosting Guide and Lessons Learned from UC2 Boosters, a Compendium For All

COM-PEN-DI-UM; a concise, yet comprehensive compilation of a body of knowledge

LESSONS LEARNED FROM UC2 BOOSTERS

by talonkard044

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to the folks I have boosted with so far, that have made things easy - for the most part :p - and a lot of fun. I have put in a TON of hours with these guys, and above the few probs here and there, boosting has gone incredibly smooth and been great.

Everybody has taken turns with a good system in place I had used before but was used in our sessions as well. A1, B1 FTW BABY!

:dance:

Ze Epic Boosters:

(as a side note, a lot of these guys turned out to be from Britain, so we all got a kick out of a bit of mud slinging here & there... "Time for tea, Chaps?" lol :D Love those guys)!

- Lazo87 - stimpyuk - TldoubleGGRR - amxtj - gukoff - Septimus12 - Red_Rebel44 - ebrt01 - xil-silencer - vermi_182 - x_-_DRAMA_-_x - Silencer0075 - The--Big--Daddy

All in all a lot of fun.

Now though, a few things I have learned and wished would have happened as I was saying it was going to happen. As of right now, I am sitting on 100 plunders that still need to be done

:(

I am grateful the group did TDM mainly but with objective modes I think those should have come first/been priority.

Elimination wins can be done in literally 3 seconds per round. The team that loses, suicides by throwing grenades at their' feet...Enough said.

Objective wins can be done in less than 5 mins. Team that gets the win can get the win if nobody messes around, and they hit the points fast enough.

Plunders - The bane of my existence. In doing 3v3, each team should cap 2 (or more if doing 4v4 or 5v5, just keep it even), then use the remaining time to do Protectorates. When the time hits around 1 min left, the team that gets the win should cap the final treasure. Easy.

Now the reason I say do the other modes FIRST as opposed to kills, is simple...you can get kills anytime, whenever, in Deathmatch or preferably in THE LAB setting.

The other modes however take WAAAYYYY more time to get wins, and as with the case of Plunder, you really need to have a good team playing. Also, chances are of you getting into these rooms and getting wins is very tough.

Kills are easy as hell to do. With the exception of Triples, BBQs, and Defenders, the latter 2 can be done in Elimination...Simply set the 3 peeps or how ever many that will be dying around a propane tank - HIGHRISE MAP is the best for this as there are 7 tanks you can blow up - and the winning team has the guy that needs the medals get the kills by blowing up the tank...Triples and BBQ's at the same time. EASY.

Everything else is easy to get in DM, Stealth, First, Tricky etc. all come in time and are easy to get. I am not the best player out there, but the only DM medals I needed when we boosted were Triples and BBQ's and I had only played the online for a few weeks, and had over 1,800 kills. Everything else I had gotten on my own over time. There are probably 2 schools of thought on this one, but I would say do all objective mode and plunder stuff FIRST or make priority. Easy to do, takes little time, and makes more sense than going for kills IMO.

I unfortunately learned this rule late in boosting, and now a few peeps I helped get to 100% and PROMISED they would help everybody, haven't showed up when others like myself have needed to finish. I will not name names, but it's annoying as I and a few others are just needing to get Plunders and Objectives done and nobody is online. Do OBJECTIVE WINS and PLUNDERS FIRST folks. You will thank me later.

ALSO > Make sure you have all done PSN Update 3.74. Our group was having problems here and there for the first few days, but once I discovered I had not done the update - as well as 90% of the group lol - everybody did the update and we were able to find each other a lot faster when syncing for matches.

ALSO > After the update, we didn't experience glitching in the maps FLOODED RUINS, TEMPLE and TRAINWRECK but I would still say skip those as if you have the option because those caused many problems for my group.

Please feel free to add me guys if you want to work on Plunders or Objectives as those are the only trophies I need for 100%

I have a ton of friends but deleted a few folks so if you go to add me and it says my list is full, leave me a PM and I will see what I can do. I have all day today free and will be working on nothing but UC2 until 100%

Thanks in advance to anybody who wants to add me and a HUGE THANK YOU to all of the great dudes I have boosted with so far.

PEACE!

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

...annndddddd....Last night was a disaster. Again played with peeps that wanted to focus on KILLS vs. doing objectives and plunders. I finally got my objectives done legit - since nobody was playing / wanted to - and worked my way through a few plunders. Out of the 5 hours I helped my group, I only got 9. Yeah... Not doing that again.

Also, unfortunately I lost a good friend I have known forever over the BS last night - mainly because he was a greedy douche - and it just goes to show you that you really don't know how people are until they need something and get greedy.

We did 6-7 DMs, all the while I did nothing but die and the ONE plunder that comes up, 2 jerks decide to vote against it in favor of another DM, I was like "Are you serious?" Shortly after I called it a night before the match even started. Couldn't believe it.

It will never happen again and in terms of my friend, it's a shame but hopefully I will never have to play with him again.

Remember guys in boosting there HAS TO BE GIVE AND TAKE. Not TAKE, TAKE, TAKE, TAKE. I hope everybody reading this has more luck then I have had. 55 plunders to go and it's looking like legit will have to be the way to go. Ugh.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just dont get it why people dont do what they supposed to do! We are playing plunder, and nobody runs for thre tresasure or captures it, or portect the carrier, no, they are just dumb fucks who shoot around. There was this time, when some guy got off grenading his own team mates! I just so fed up with this.