XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > U (PS3) > Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Old 11-14-2011, 06:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default uMvC3 Teams

since Ultimate comes out in about 30 hours+ (depending where you live and how early your stores open[you can get in.])

Anybody decided on that first team they HAVE to try as soon as they get their hands on the game?

First have to see what happened to my Akuma/She-Hulk/Tron team.

Than test out Phoenix Wright/Amaterasu/Dr.Strange

ShatteredFoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Nova, Dr. Strange and Rocket Raccoon will be amongst the first that I will try. Which sometimes backfires because the first new characters I always try end up being the ones I leave behind in the end.
Scream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I'll stick with my old team (Wesker/Akuma/Phoenix) until I am done with the 100 win trophy.

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Main character: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/2231686/
Alt character: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/2355511/
Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Helping Hand   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   SOTM Winner   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

I already decided on my team of Zero/Vergil/Strider. I already have mix up ideas I wanna test through the many videos I watched of Vergil and Strider along with my current knowledge and understanding of Zero. The downside to my team though is that I have low health and my combos don't do ALOT of damage opposed other characters but if I can keep the pressure going my mix ups can lead to resets for a bigger overall damage.

When "Megaman" comes out as DLC I'll be using the above color plat until then I'm going to color coordinate myself with the ones below

Old 11-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

I would easily go with Dante and Vergil and 3rd either Zero or Wesker.
DPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

I was good with Wesker + Doctor Doom/Taskmaster, but I'm still practicing to get naturally good online. So with all the new gameplay changes, I'll probably have to go through most characters again.

I'm excited about trying out the new fighters, namely Phoenix Wright (fan of games and his unique gameplay), Frank West (interesting use of zombies, weapons and camera), Nemesis (a hulking non-Sentinel character for Capcom) and Ghost Rider (just looks badass.)

Top Platinums : Dead Nation, Batman: Arkham Asylum, LittleBigPlanet, Rayman Origins, MvC3, Mirror's Edge, UMvC3, SSFIV
Working on : 3D Dot Game Heroes, SFxT, N.M.H, Rage
TJWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
I already decided on my team of Zero/Vergil/Strider. I already have mix up ideas I wanna test through the many videos I watched of Vergil and Strider along with my current knowledge and understanding of Zero. The downside to my team though is that I have low health and my combos don't do ALOT of damage opposed other characters but if I can keep the pressure going my mix ups can lead to resets for a bigger overall damage.

[pic 1]

When "Megaman" comes out as DLC I'll be using the above color plat until then I'm going to color coordinate myself with the ones below
[pic 2]

pretty cool team you got going on, you'll be fine in the damage department as long as Zero's alive. He naturally can do tons of chip damage with his blaster.

Who do you have on point Zero or Vergil? (you said/showed both in the post.) I assume Zero?

Quote:
Nova, Dr. Strange and Rocket Raccoon will be amongst the first that I will try. Which sometimes backfires because the first new characters I always try end up being the ones I leave behind in the end.
It's worse when you're in denial that the team just doesn't work but you love the characters so much you want it to work. My Akuma has went through so many team composition it's reaching sad proportions.

Last edited by ShatteredFoX; 11-14-2011 at 04:41 PM.
ShatteredFoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Helping Hand   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   SOTM Winner   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFoX View Post
pretty cool team you got going on, you'll be fine in the damage department as long as Zero's alive. He naturally can do tons of chip damage with his blaster.

Who do you have on point Zero or Vergil? (you said/showed both in the post.) I assume Zero?
His Blaster is an amazing zoning tool its a shame I might be more up in their face this time around. I have Zero on point to build meter, Vergil and Strider will be taking up alot of my meter and with the low meter gain in this version I'll need to prioritize it on them especially with the mix up possibilities they have with it opposed to Zero.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Talking

I'm glad to see Hulk got some more armor added, although his new move may not prove to be as useful. He's still a beast, especially with X-Factor!

WeaponXI000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Wolverine, Akuma & Dante or Ryu, Akuma & Dante.

Either of them two teams. I might switch out Dante for Vergil. I'll see how I handle him when I get my hands on the game.
NSS13 is offline   Reply With Quote