Vanilla Mission Mode vs Ultimate Mission Mode

I was reading on other sites opinions about this subject. While I couldn't find much info, most people who had 100% cleared Vanilla's missions, had more trouble with the Ultimate Missions.

I'm looking to buying this game because I have already achieved 90% of the missions cleared on Vanilla. While I wait for some answers, I'll try and get 100% on Vanilla before moving on to Ultimate (this should help, right?)

Oh, and I forgot to mention... Ammy has the hardest combos out of all characters because of that stupid weapon change movement. I can't do any of the missions that require a weapon change. Magneto's dash-combos are also a pain. Anything that requires a stick "double-tap" motion is bad for me...

Ultimate mission mode is a lot more stressing than the original due to even more strict timing on certain combos. Sometimes the descriptions don't exactly inform you of how to string a combo correctly like Wolverine's Berserker Claw being mashable.

That, and it's require to go through the entire roster assuming you bought Shuma and Valentine to lessen the load by a bit, but the difficulty is still there. From my experience by the way since for any veteran of MvC will say otherwise.

Also Dante's 9th trial in Ultimate is the most hardest due to a 1-frame link during Crazy Dance.

Ultimate MVC3 missions seriously hard for me

I did almost every mission in vanilla and get the trophy but it didnt get help me much in certain combos in Ultimate.

My suggestion is try to learn from videos and see how they perform it to get better understanding. But seriously..this takes a long time for me...unless ur a pro

Thing is, I have a lot of patience with MvC3. I could dedicate a full day to just a single mission. I don't give up easily.

While I don't think I will reach 100% on Vanilla any time soon, yesterday I made it to 91.33% (without DLC). So If I can keep this up, I'll definitely be able to complete 480 missions on Ultimate thanks to my stubborn nature.

I'll try to get them done without DLC. I'll get the DLC once I get super frustrated with a mission.

Update:

During this past week I was able to make it to 93.66% . .

I bought Shuma-Gorath and completed all his missions within 1 hour. The only one I had some trouble with was missions 10 because I had trouble connecting the Air Special during the second air combo. I bought him because I'm probably not going to complete all the missions on Ultimate. I won't purchase Jill Valentine until I seriously get completely stuck, with absolutely no hope.

I don't say this to turn you off OP, more so just to make you aware of things, but you really can't compare the two games, the missions in Ultimate are around 5 times harder, at least. To put it into perspective, I did all 320 vanilla trials in around 10 hours, and I was just picking random characters and doing all their missions, 1-10, not just skipping all the hardest missions. In the end I finished all 320 trials with 2 characters to spare and it wouldn't have taken me long to get to 100%. In Ultimate on the other hand, there have been around 5 or 6 missions individual missions that have taken me 3 or 4 hours or more to do. In the end it took me 50+ hours to reach 100% mission completion, and my execution is pretty good, despite the fact that I suck online. Now granted I did all the missions without buying the DLC, and if you do buy the DLC it becomes much easier, but the missions here are harder than Street Fighter as well in my opinion.

However if you have the right attitude and don't mind pouring hours into individual trials, you'll definitely get there eventually, especially if you buy the DLC.

Edited by McGarnigle

My brother just got into playing this game, and he decided to purchase Jill Valentine. So I have that 20 mission le-way for Ultimate now.

I managed to clear up to 95% (about 350 missions). I finally got the hang of Magneto, and I'm having a lot of fun playing as him, too.

I can see myself clearing all the missions I still have not cleared with the exception of Ammy's. I cannot get used to that stupid weapon change.

Picking up Ultimate soon.

• 2 months later...

MvC3 missions were hard, but UMvC3's ups the ante quite a bit.

Not only in difficulty, but in terms of you having to complete a lot more.

Took me 7-8 months to get MvC3's mission trophies, took an entire YEAR to finish UMvC3's.

Practice makes perfect I guess.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...