uMvC3 Teams

since Ultimate comes out in about 30 hours+ (depending where you live and how early your stores open[you can get in.])

Anybody decided on that first team they HAVE to try as soon as they get their hands on the game?

First have to see what happened to my Akuma/She-Hulk/Tron team.

Than test out Phoenix Wright/Amaterasu/Dr.Strange

I already decided on my team of Zero/Vergil/Strider. I already have mix up ideas I wanna test through the many videos I watched of Vergil and Strider along with my current knowledge and understanding of Zero. The downside to my team though is that I have low health and my combos don't do ALOT of damage opposed other characters but if I can keep the pressure going my mix ups can lead to resets for a bigger overall damage.

http://i43.tinypic.com/11goryg.png

When "Megaman" comes out as DLC I'll be using the above color plat until then I'm going to color coordinate myself with the ones below :p

http://i44.tinypic.com/igxa49.png

I was good with Wesker + Doctor Doom/Taskmaster, but I'm still practicing to get naturally good online. So with all the new gameplay changes, I'll probably have to go through most characters again.

I'm excited about trying out the new fighters, namely Phoenix Wright (fan of games and his unique gameplay), Frank West (interesting use of zombies, weapons and camera), Nemesis (a hulking non-Sentinel character for Capcom) and Ghost Rider (just looks badass.)

I already decided on my team of Zero/Vergil/Strider. I already have mix up ideas I wanna test through the many videos I watched of Vergil and Strider along with my current knowledge and understanding of Zero. The downside to my team though is that I have low health and my combos don't do ALOT of damage opposed other characters but if I can keep the pressure going my mix ups can lead to resets for a bigger overall damage.

[pic 1]

When "Megaman" comes out as DLC I'll be using the above color plat until then I'm going to color coordinate myself with the ones below :p

[pic 2]

pretty cool team you got going on, you'll be fine in the damage department as long as Zero's alive. He naturally can do tons of chip damage with his blaster.

Who do you have on point Zero or Vergil? (you said/showed both in the post.) I assume Zero?

Nova, Dr. Strange and Rocket Raccoon will be amongst the first that I will try. Which sometimes backfires because the first new characters I always try end up being the ones I leave behind in the end.

It's worse when you're in denial that the team just doesn't work but you love the characters so much you want it to work. My Akuma has went through so many team composition it's reaching sad proportions.

Edited by ShatteredFoX

pretty cool team you got going on, you'll be fine in the damage department as long as Zero's alive. He naturally can do tons of chip damage with his blaster.

Who do you have on point Zero or Vergil? (you said/showed both in the post.) I assume Zero?

His Blaster is an amazing zoning tool its a shame I might be more up in their face this time around. I have Zero on point to build meter, Vergil and Strider will be taking up alot of my meter and with the low meter gain in this version I'll need to prioritize it on them especially with the mix up possibilities they have with it opposed to Zero.

:DI'm glad to see Hulk got some more armor added, although his new move may not prove to be as useful. He's still a beast, especially with X-Factor!

Hulk's new armor isn't really all that necessary in the new game. What really matters is his new priority on his Gamma Charges.

His new move is pretty useful. You can potentially fake people out with it. While it's charging, you can cancel it into any move pretty much; going for a command grab seems pretty ideal. Also, his new move adds more damage to his ridiculously easy and practical combos.

In the corner he can do an easy 850k (or 900k if you add a j.H to the beginning to the combo):

c.L, s.M, f.M xx AA Gamma Charge L (first), AA Gamma Charge H (second), s.L, s.M, f.M, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S, Gamma Wave xx Gamma Crush

I hope his fierce has the original reach it had before the patches, how about Ghost Rider?

It feels like they nerfed it a little bit in the air; it might be my mind playing tricks on me. On the ground it's just as good.

I haven't had much time to play as Ghost Rider, but he has pretty easy combos which do decent damage. He plays a good keep away game, but in close he's pretty terrible. He needs a good assist to keep his opponents in the right zone.

Finally had some time to play and practice and I decided on my team (which is completely different than I previously thought XD).

Wesker / Iron Fist / Vergil

Cliche play-style of wesker. Wreck stuff and build meter and switch out to Vergil or Iron Fist.

Vergil has a 800K damage combo using Iron Fist (Rising Fang) and Wesker OTG.

other things I notice that people might find useful:

*During Iron-Fist's crumple you can hard-tag another person and continue a combo.

*Iron Fist lvl 1 hyper has many hits in it so it will do huge damage regardless.

*always be attentive about what Chi you are using and try to always have some type on.

Blue -> for defense (during opponent tagging between character or knockdown)

Red -> When you hit confirm

Green -> If you need meter.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running Amatrasu, Akuma, and Rocket Raccoon.

My Rocket Raccoon is pretty good, I routinely can get a 600k combo off with him, and his burrow is just sick for going to time, or burning their x factor away.

But my Amatrasu is just forward circle (With the occasional whip for characters like hulk and some cold star), and Akuma is just spin kicks and if it comes down to it, x-factor and blow away all of my special cause his x-factor chip damage is amazing.

But a problem I'm having is, i mean...My entire team has 2,250,000 hit points. Thor alone has more than half that, I'm trying to find some beef for my team, a meat shield that can do some damage while having mobility. But with any heavier characters I'm having trouble dealing with their mobility..it's terrible from what i'm used to.

So - on to my point (sorry for the rambling)

Anyone have any ideas for replacements?

Edited by Johnny Thorr
Sentences didn't make sense. Sounded like a 12 year old.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...