Submission-Ranting

DaCheetah

I'm really not the kind the guy to do this. Really. I'm most probably the guy that will say: ''f*** it, play it, anyway!'', but this is probably worth it.

I really don't like the submission system. I was a Sub-Machine online in UFC 09, and the Submission-system was a lot better. Strength for a brute force escape, skill for a technical escape. Shine for technique, mash buttons for strength. As simple as that.

Now, I don't know when to press R3 for pressure, when to shine, when to do a sub-transition. Everytime I do a submission on a good CPU-fighter (e.g. NOT Punk-Ass, Mask, Skyskrape, Shaq), I fail almost EVERY time at submissions. But when the CPU does a submission on me, there is NO POSSIBLE ESCAPE. I'm shining, then not doing anything, and BOOM, tapout. I wonder if it's just me or if somebody feels like me.

Tips and hints for improvement are more than welcome.

Remove that patch to get the trophy

I didn't say I haven't unlocked that trophy. I am just desperate how easy the CPU can submit me and how hard I can submit him. Even in Career Mode: I dominate the champ BJ Penn standing, but he somehow pulls guard in the clinch (and I'm 100% certain that I was blocking transitions), and submits me, and my stamina-bar was almost full!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm right there with you Cheetah. I loved 09, and used to dominate the online community. I had a great button mashing technique that had me tapping out guys left and right, won about 80% of my fights online, and I think my final record was something like 200-40 (including losses for boosting the Gold Medals with a friend). But 2010, I just can't get the hang of. My online record is 1-10, and don't even get me started on how ridiculous the submission system is. Just horrible. Anyways, I somehow managed to get the "It's the Jits" trophy after 2 days and several videos/articles later, but still have all the online trophies and the dreaded "Kay.Tee.Eff.Oh" trophy left to do.

God help me :(

EDIT: Got the "Kay.Tee.Eff.Oh!" Trophy!!! Thanks the gods!! Now just need to boost all the online trophies, cause there is no way I'll ever be able to get them legit (like I did in 09). Add me if anyone is interested in boosting.

Edited by JoeBallz79