Glitched

cbchaos67

Hi All,

The save file in this game is glitched and for me personally glitches after 96 consecutive days (I have completed the requirements 3 time now all glitch at exactly the same point, it doesn't matter which patch is applied), I know that Matix from this forum also had this issue from reading previous threads. I think this may also make quite accomplished glitched too.

I have logged a call with THQ who have replied several times and deny all knowledge of it being an issue despite threads being full of issues, including a response from a THQ tech admitting that there is a problem & the test team are aware of it. I keep chasing them to make sure they have at least to keep on answering my questions.

If you have this game please log a call with THQ complaining that the save is glitched if they get more complaints maybe they will do something about it.

Here's the link to the support page :- http://support.thq.com/thq/consumer/question.asp#question

Click the "view all" link and select UFC personal trailer to get to the title.

Thanks

The latest and last response I have received from THQ is they are still denying that it is an issue and that the test team cannot re-produce it, although they cannot provide any details on how the test team areactually testing it (i.e. manually changing a save to 99 workouts and completing the last 1 or siming an exercise per day etc.) and they won't accept my save files from before and after the glitch, which makes me wonder if they are doing anything at all.

Customer Support are pretty much admitting that even if it is found to be an issue it is very unlikely that a patch would be developed anyway - thats support for ya, way to go THQ. I therefore think that this can definitly be put down as an unachievable plat :-(

Has anyone else raised a call or had any reply from THQ?

Edited by BreadSkin

• 4 weeks later...

I did this the 2nd time I tried for the trophy - did the 1st 100 days legit. 2nd time I deleted my old save game & started a new one, created a custom workout with 1 set of push ups then changed the system date after completing the workout, took me about 5 hours to do up to day 96 then all graph & personal data was lost. Sounds like you may have got lucky, did you notice if all your graph data & personal info was lost before/after you got the trophy?

• 7 months later...
I did this the 2nd time I tried for the trophy - did the 1st 100 days legit. 2nd time I deleted my old save game & started a new one, created a custom workout with 1 set of push ups then changed the system date after completing the workout, took me about 5 hours to do up to day 96 then all graph & personal data was lost. Sounds like you may have got lucky, did you notice if all your graph data & personal info was lost before/after you got the trophy?

Are you certain you performed either a "workout" or "quick workout" each of those first 100 days of legitimate playing? Do you think a session of your 30-/60-day program or an "activity" registers as a "workout" as defined by the trophy? I don't know since I've only had the game for 2 days and each day I've done both a program session and a workout session. I suppose I'll find out tomorrow if "Average Joe" pops up before I start my "workout" after my program session ends.

The fact that you reached 100 days legitimately without any problems other than not seeing "training devotee" pop up is promising given the fact that you now can't progress beyond day 96. How long did you wait after 100 days for the missing trophy before you decided to delete your game's data to start anew? Did your graphs and rewards data conform properly before you first noticed a problem?

This may be all moot points given that one tech agreed with your assertion of a problem and that no one I've been able to discern has this platinum as you mentioned in another thread.

Are you certain you performed either a "workout" or "quick workout" each of those first 100 days of legitimate playing? Do you think a session of your 30-/60-day program or an "activity" registers as a "workout" as defined by the trophy? I don't know since I've only had the game for 2 days and each day I've done both a program session and a workout session. I suppose I'll find out tomorrow if "Average Joe" pops up before I start my "workout" after my program session ends.

The fact that you reached 100 days legitimately without any problems other than not seeing "training devotee" pop up is promising given the fact that you now can't progress beyond day 96. How long did you wait after 100 days for the missing trophy before you decided to delete your game's data to start anew? Did your graphs and rewards data conform properly before you first noticed a problem?

This may be all moot points given that one tech agreed with your assertion of a problem and that no one I've been able to discern has this platinum as you mentioned in another thread.

I was doing custom workouts. I contacted THQ again after I got the same result again & there has been problems unlocking the 100 day doing custom workouts & to try doing program, quick-workouts or pre-made workouts only.

I was doing custom workouts. I contacted THQ again after I got the same result again & there has been problems unlocking the 100 day doing custom workouts & to try doing program, quick-workouts or pre-made workouts only.

I infer there's hope then for everyone to reach 100 %. Meanwhile I'll refrain from acquiring "full-plate" until I have earned the other trophies. Thanks for following up with those who can make a difference by relaying helpful proven suggestions.

I can validate that a program session is recognized as a "workout" counting toward "Average Joe" which popped up shortly after the start of my program session's warm-up. Therefore I'll extrapolate that the other 3 time-based trophies will also pop up accordingly if I adhere to my current modus operandi of executing a program session and/or a pre-made workout every day for the next 97 days barring injury.

Edited by GTsuperlicensed

• 2 weeks later...

First freeze-up of the game happened after cool down of Mark's WO#13 (gold intensity) day 11 immediately after I pressed "go to menus". Just prior to executing this WO, I clicked on Custom WO out of curiosity but did not create nor save anything while in that mode. I had an indication that something was amiss when I started Mark's WO session because the dialogue and music audio were muted; only the sound effects were still audible from warm-up through cool-down.

No noticeable problems since re-starting the PS3 and game have appeared thankfully. Will monitor

Odd occurrence happened day #15 of both my 30- and 60-day programs... my trainers were automatically changed from my initial choice. Is this supposed to happen typically or is it a glitch?

Edited by BreadSkin

Second freeze up of my PS3 and this game happened after finishing a custom WO when I wanted to go to the main menu. I restarted my PS3 and noticed Mark's combo#5 no longer listed medals I had earned. I earned them again without difficulty. So far, trophies are popping up as expected thankfully. Will continue to monitor

Growing concern over the disappearance of Mark's combo#5 medals yet again today, necessitating re-earning them. I don't know if their recurrent disappearance is associated with dysfunctional saves and/or custom unsaved WO where I earned them without warm-up/cool down and/or not having encountered that combo in any of my program sessions yet and therefore unrecognizable or due to some other reason. I haven't noticed any other errors this obvious. Will see tomorrow if those 3 medals are retained, otherwise try to deduce how to solve this problem permanently.

Those 3 medals cannot be retained after exiting the game ever since my PS3 froze up immediately after completing a custom WO days ago. I don't want to delete game data then reload what I saved on my flash drive because I have no guarantee that would work to restore anything properly, nor do I want to risk losing 29 of 39 ultimate trainee accomplishments secured to date by doing something I regret might have adverse resullts far worse than losing 3 medals which are easily renewable each time I turn the game on.

Because of the incomplete save function and a history of seizing up, this game worries me regarding the potential loss of other credits I've attained compelling me to finish this game ASAP. Advancing my console's internal clock/calendar becomes more enticing with regards to completing the month/3-month programs.

All data was wiped clean when I started up the game today to resume my daily WO. Flash drives MUST be used to back up data! Do not rely on the PS3 to save this game's data correctly. In-game saving freeze hiccups result in data loss. How to avoid hiccups becomes the platinum question.

I still have not received any advice from THQ after submitting a ticket describing the nature of the problem I've encountered using their defective product. I suppose protection from creditors by filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy was the predictable outcome given the complaints over this one and only product from them I own. The 90-day warranty on this game looks better with each passing day of non-remedy/non-response from THQ. I do wonder if Heavy Iron Studios is aware of its game's defect?

Edited by BreadSkin

I reckon I have 67 days remaining before my warranty ends so I'll try to get as many trophies as this game will allow before the deadline. If I'm happy with my physical development in 2 months but remain frustrated over the gameplay bug(s), I might reconsider comparatively weighing my options with time. It'll probably be more expensive to ship the game back to its manufacturer than the original $10 purchase.

I bought another Move motion controller today but I will return it unopened for a full refund citing the game for which I bought the Move is defective. Sony won't like that perhaps exerting their influence on future game producers to ensure more thorough testing occurs to identify AND resolve bugs before market release otherwise mount pressure on studios to devise effective game patches so as not to demote sales of supportive Sony products.

Let's see if Sony's inquiries will be as easily dismissed/ignored by THQ (or whatever umbrella company they now go by) as mine.

The curse of this game's dysfuctional save of data has struck again wiping the slate clean. Unbelievable oversight commited by those responsible for making this improperly functioning software. Shame on them.

Today I received confirmation from THQ customer support via email that THQ can't help me but will forward my ticketed complaint to Sega which is responsible for Relic-based acquisitions by the now defunct THQ.

One problem I foresee with this is that Relic has no connection to this game from what I can tell examining the credits printed on the package or the enclosed pamphlet.

Perhaps Sega now oversees this game too as THQ's / Heavy Iron Studios' IP, a misnomer which should be re-classified as their anti-IP flawed as it is?

It's simply more rubbish until they "walk the talk" as far as I'm concerned!

The vernal equinox has arrived (day 90) and still no solution has been offered by those responsible for this defect of a video game. If I were an MMA fighter featured in this game, I'd be ashamed having been connected to such incompetent game makers demanding damages for associating my good name for promoting sales of a terribly flawed product.

The shipping cost to honour manufacturer's warranty exceeds my purchase price, even if the publisher THQ didn't declare bankruptcy.

Edited by BreadSkin

• 2 months later...

Sega responded to my independent ticket knowing I could not trust or believe THQ customer "no" support would ever foward my original ticket identifying real flaws which need fixing. Sega stated they do not own UFC Personal Trainer and would only link me to a UFC Personal Trainer forum where ad spam is rampant and no solution to my complaints will ever be found.

I wrote a follow-up question to Sega asking why would THQ customer no-support email me that Sega would be forwarded my complaint about this game. Sega responded by saying it was an error. Surprise Surprise Surprise!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Kabosh - Plat is impossible to obtain.

There is 1 guy on psnprofiles that says he has obtained it, but it has been hacked - you can tell cause the trophies have been unlocked in a stupid way i.e. he unlocked training devotee (Perform a workout every day for 100 days) on 31st Mar 2013 but didn't unlock Century Mark (Successfully complete 100 exercises or activities) until 3rd April which would be impossible to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I reviewed that platinum holder on PSNprofiles and noticed how ordered (s)he "obtained" each of this game's trophies chronologically as they're presented which suggests that person went to great pains in strategic PSN logging-in to register time-stamped acquisition of trophies while deleting/formatting others if that's even possible to maintain perfect chronology.

To avoid anachronisms from appearing whilst defying logic based upon the trophy descriptions such as earning all 28 preceding trophies before the "1-hr Photo Finish" or "Quite Accomplished" before the two side-by-side multiplayer trophies, that platinum holder could appear to turn water into wine!

• 1 month later...

Damn, I thought I could try and get a Plat on this and at the same time get a great workout. Workout yes, plat no... it glitched for me as well. In my achievements you have the 750 gestures, I got it, but now is at count -32k and decreasing back to zero with each workout.... Brilliant just brilliant

On a note, if you switch difficulty during your 100 day consecutive workout (Training Devotee) it will reset your count back to day zero (happend for me). I got the 30 consecutive day trophy (Dialed In) after 47 days after switching from medium to hard at day 17.

Hopefully I'll still get the plat :)