is this worth getting....

just4alaff

• 2 weeks later...

The "game" is very glitchy so if you are going to get to attempt the plat I wouldn't bother.

In general it's not a bad workout, for a while but can get very repetitive. Stupid trophy requirements mean you need to do some sort of workout every day for 100 days, the internal clock can be changed to get round this if you need to. The in game set workouts will have you working out 4 days a week for 30 or 60 days. So if you are doing them u will need to do another activity on the days off, this can be a striking routine or any other activity. The move detection works quite well but you can find some exercises not picking up quite as well as they should meaning you end up having to do twice the amount of reps to pass the exercise. If you think of it like "this is an extended workout" then it is good but very frustrating if you are watching the tv and the moves aren't detecting properly.

Edited by cbchaos67

• 1 year later...

I like listening to the soundtrack that plays after failing an exercise or incompleting an activity. Music conjures up images of me approaching the octagon while surrounded by my security entourage in a procession. I also enjoy getting a WO playing air guitar or performing dance poses listening to the music between exercises. Moreover Rachelle's videos are not hard on the eyes.

Game is fraught with malfunctioning saves and data corruption/loss which can be frustrating.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is there anyone else still using this game to exercise besides me years after purchase notwithstanding the game's trophy bugs?

I just got the game last month, so I am still active if anyone wants to add me for the multiplayer trophies.

I agree the game is exceptionally glitchy, personally I've had loads of move related issues with numerous exercises. That being said, as others have stated it is a decent work out and the 30/60 day programs are similar to what IRL personal trainers would set up (minus the fact that for the platinum you have to workout on your rest days).

Biggest complaints Move controller aside is the repetition. The trainers have a set of dialogue which you will hear again and again, the music is mediocre and the cool down and warm ups are always the same. For me that is really the biggest issue, warm up and cool downs consist of the same few moves with non nonsensical dialogue (your hearts really pumping now! after arm circles or balance). Plus for the stretches they didn't even bother to have him tell you when to change sides etc after the first move, which can be an issue when you not able to see the tv.

That being said, I've never worked out before and as sad as it is the platinum is the best motivation I've had. I'm only 33 (? 35?) days in and my muscles are more refined and stronger then they were. Unlike wii fit or other programs (excluding hit the mits) I don't think it is going to be a 'fun' workout you are just going to be exercising and at times pushing yourself.

Pros: Virtual Trainer means you can cus them out and degrade them for making you workout without consequence.

The game is relatively cheap now, and if you wind up buying a move for this like I did it opens up a bunch of other cheap move games for trophies.

Real workouts will actually help your build strength and muscle.

30/60 day programs actually feel like a real workout routine with targeted muscle groups and build in recoup time.

hit the mits and other activities or multiplayer stuff is pretty fun and can keep you energized/engaged by challenging your friends to beat your score.

You will look ridiculous for a lot of it, but your home alone so no one can see you flop around.

fitness test helps gear your level of intensity but even on bronze certain days/routines will work up a sweat.

you can mute the damn trainer

Cons: Move controller can be finicky for reading motions.

Leg strap (for me) is a bit tight because my thighs are giant

repetitive after the first 30 days

Trainer dialogue is sub par, repetitive and often nonsense

Outside from a demonstration of the move, trainers often just stand there rather than working out with you (my roommate hated this)

Apparent save file glitch THQ never fixed around 96 days might prevent platinum.

Because of the move's range and tracking there are certain exercises depending on fitness level that will score less accurately if you are actually doing the exercise. (t push ups are one that comes to mind for me)

• 4 months later...