Accomplishments

Matix

Hey guys,

Last time I looked at my accomplishments , I noticed one that I've already completed got reversed to a minus value. This value goes steady down as long as I perform the streaks in the standard exercises. It's not a big deal because I have to do the remaining 30/60 day programs but I'm just curious if someone else is experiencing a similar issue ?

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9593/img20110830190216.jpg

Wow, that's nuts. At least it wasn't a more important stat.

I haven't had a problem like that, but one I do have is the Mark Dellagrotte combo 5 will never save for me. I have all medals for every exercise except it. Not a problem though, as I can do it, and it would show that I had it long enough to get the trophy, but it always goes away after turning off the ps3.

As time goes on I'm starting to think this game is pretty buggy. I STILL haven't unlocked those last four videos, and I'm not sure if anyone on any system has.

OMG, I'm thinking of getting this game after I finish Get Fit with Mel B (not long now) and also done both programs in EA Sports Active 2.0, but if the trophies are glitchy then I'll put it off until someone can verify that it's been patched.

Why the hell do developers do this? Or maybe the QA testers just ignore when a trophy or achievements hasn't unlocked?

Wow, that's nuts. At least it wasn't a more important stat.

I was like wtf when I saw it the first time with the black bar across the screen :D

I haven't had a problem like that, but one I do have is the Mark Dellagrotte combo 5 will never save for me. I have all medals for every exercise except it. Not a problem though, as I can do it, and it would show that I had it long enough to get the trophy, but it always goes away after turning off the ps3.

Umm lol very odd, I don't have such a problem but this bug sounds like one out of many that the xbox360 version is suffering from.

As time goes on I'm starting to think this game is pretty buggy. I STILL haven't unlocked those last four videos, and I'm not sure if anyone on any system has.

Hm actually I wanted to write down how the videos unlocked but I forgot about that and now I can't remember how I got Goal Setting and the other one you're talking about. They were the last two videos that I unlocked but I still haven't got Greg's and Mark's Muscle Endurance videos yet. The only thing I could think of is to compare our accomplishments and eventually we'll find out how to unlock them.

Why the hell do developers do this? Or maybe the QA testers just ignore when a trophy or achievements hasn't unlocked?

Because they were very lazy as it seems but look at the bright sight - it's more stable compared to the xbox360 ufc game. Nahh dunno I was very satisfied after its release but if I could turn time back now I wouldn't buy this game. It has an awesome concept but the game itself is not very well implemented. In example, if we look at the 30/60 days programs (strength) - you'll figure out that the first 30 days are equal on both programs and there also no real variation between them. That means if you have to perform 32 exercises on a day, they are mostly divided into a set of exercises (8 exercises * 4 repetitions) which could be really boring. I also think that the developers didn't really test and think correctly of all exercises (programs) because it doesn't make any sense doing normal push ups, following by t-push ups (and you have to do almost twice as much reps as normal push ups) with some other exercises and repeat this 4 times. Time is also not set properly on a few workouts (especially some combos) if you want to do them correct. I've also stopped doing warm ups and cool downs because they are pretty lame with no variation. I would also try to avoid doing workouts with 2 or more profiles because they will overwrite each other every time and you'll loose all your progress. Besides from some occasional freezes, a few display bugs and and and ... it's hmm ... well at least it's saving the game progress. From the trophy collecting aspect I haven't had any real problems, everything unlocked as supposed. My only fear is that 'Film Study' could be bugged but I will know that once I complete all accomplishments.

Yeah, film study not unlocking is my big fear too. If it is infact tied to one of the harder accomplishments then that is a totally stupid idea. Why would you want a helpful instruction video to unlock so late in the game?

I kinda figured that too about the 30 day being the same as the first 30 of the 60 day. I started out on the 60 day endurance and when I got the 30 days in a row trophy my daily workouts went from 25 minutes on average to about 35. I guess I feel satisfied though, like I've gotten what i paid for so far, maily just because I feel better, have less problems with my back than I had, and have lost a good bit of weight. But since I'm just now almost through with one 60 day, I'm afraid this could get boring.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, I got another good story..

I wanted to look at today's workout program and got a freeze. Tried it one more time and it froze again. Yeah I thought it will be some of the usual occasional freezes and started my workout. After reviewing my graph for today I noticed that there is no more data recorded any more (see my pic). I think this one might have screwed up my 100 days in a row trophy. I've played it since first day and didn't miss any day for my workout...well great job heavy iron & thq. I'm really pissed off right now.

//edit

Yep it definitely screwed up this trophy..after looking at my workout journal, all stats are completely reset. I got around 40 hours of total time spend in workouts and now it shows only half an hour.

just no comment..

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3781/img20110913185015.jpg

Edited by Matix

The story goes on..

I almost forgot that I had a backup of my save file from a few days ago and guess what ? After redoing those workouts up to yesterday's day - exactly the same thing happened (without the freeze). My workout journal was ok until that day, I went straight to the graphs (before I wanted to start the last workout, yesterday) and everything was deleted, even the workout journal got reset. Be aware, because that means even if you save on daily basis 'it' can anytime screw up the save file.

I won't bother redoing those workouts again but I'll try to finish this piece of sh*t in the next two weeks because this game is just too f*cked up.

//edit

Just forgot to mention that my 60 days strength program is still intact without any missed days and I also haven't lost my accomplishments/rewards but all other stats got reset. Anyway..gonna speed it up the next days..

Edited by Matix

@Matix

wtf man. That sucks. I hate that most of us have put so much time into this game only to have huge bugs and glitches throughout the experience. Seeing as I'm only almost done with my first 60 day challenge, meaning I still have a long way to go, it's very very likely that I'm gonna get my junk erased too.

That's just way effed up, that it glitched on you and after you reloaded a save it glitched AGAIN at the same point. It's like squodge said, I don't think the devs and testers really paid attention to anything.

I just can't freaking wait to get the 100 day trophy so I can finally take a break from this.

Edited by jackmoore

Short update..

Used my 'corrupted' save file from 14.09 and finished the 60 day and my last 2 30 day programs (skipped most exercises except 1-2 for the 100 days in a row trophy). Good news is that I got the trophies (and film study) but the bad news are that exactly the same thing happened like before, 8 days before actually the trophy should pop up, my complete workout journal and all graphs got reset again. Dunno if its the save file but I'll finish in the next days my remaining 60 days programs, clear all accomplishments (seems like there is no problem with them on the save file) and use a new save file for the 100 days in a row. I just hope that this works out.

Regarding to the save file, it seems that either the save file is broken or the game ufc or my ps3 because I had a backup of each day and when I looked into the backup from the previous day where I knew that everything was ok (because I was looking on each day at my workout journal/est. cal burn graph) everything was gone. Note: I've overwritten the save file, will try it today with deleting.

Here is my new plan:

Will skip through my remaining 1 1/2 60 day programs that I have left without doing a single exercise and skip all free days which will save me a bit of time. The system is actually that stupid that it seems to be enough not to do a single exercise as long as the day is marked as complete. You will get the trophies and accomplishments..

Next I will do all accomplishments that I have left - 30 warmups/cooldowns and 18 x redoing fitness test. They all seems fine with unlocking on this save file.

After that I'm gonna pick my 'uncorrupted' file from 04.09, end the 60day strength program on it (because I think it has something to do with those 60 day programs, on both times it happened while they're active). If this doesn't workout I'm gonna try it on a clear new save file and hope for the best.

PS: To unlock all videos you'll need to complete one 30 & 60 day program and all 3 30 days programs.

Guys, this is a warning for anyone who is going for all accomplishments, don't waste your time because 'Quite Accomplished' is for sure glitched. I tried it a few times with my backup save but it won't unlock for some reason although everything is completed. Imo this game will get into the glitched platinum's category.

Anyway I think that's it for me, won't waste any time for this piece of crap anymore and I also don't think that we will ever see a patch (just look at the "official" forum, so many complaints and no support).

Dunno what to say more..I think I might take a break from gaming/trophy collecting.

Guys, this is a warning for anyone who is going for all accomplishments, don't waste your time because 'Quite Accomplished' is for sure glitched...

How can you have all the accomplishments already? Don't you have to complete all (3) 30 and 60 day workouts? That's 270 days minimum; the game has been out less than 100 days

How can you have all the accomplishments already? Don't you have to complete all (3) 30 and 60 day workouts? That's 270 days minimum; the game has been out less than 100 days

He used the fastest method possible to plow through this game. Technically you don't have to do the workouts each day, just start them then pause and hit skip activity (I've been doing at least one, just in case). Do this until the workout is over. Then once it's saved exit the game and change the date on your system forward one day. Then repeat the whole process.

Matix has some major dedication to be able to do all that so fast. Unfortunately this game is almost certainly glitched. Two users on here have already reported it. A third I've seen had the trophy for completing all three 60 day challenges, but not the trophy for 100 days in a row.

I actually was kinda into this workout game until that day where my save file got screwed up. At this moment I thought what a crap but I had a backup save from prior a week and I made them all up to that day. What happened ? Exactly the same thing, all workout journal progress gone back to zero. Achieving legit 42 hours of ingame workout time within my first 2 months says a lot about my dedication to this game.

Anyway it was a great start to get into those workouts but the more I was doing my exercises the more bugs and strange things I noticed. Other thing is that after 2 months it just didn't gave me anymore a proper workout and decided to visit my local gym regularly. If you're in a reasonable shape than this game is a waste of money.

After the second reset from my stats I decided to finish this off as soon as possible because I didn't want to loose every day an hour for nothing until the end of march 2012 (that's where I should had finished all programs). Another reason is that there is simply no variation in those workout programs, come on ~ 80 exercises are insufficient for so much workouts imo.

I managed to pull off my remaining programs during the last weekend, it was a pain in the ass. I've got no problem with skipping them but I had a lot of freezes/shutdowns/restarts during the end of all 60 day workout exercises (which I think has something to do with the stupid auto-save). Then I had only a few warmups/cooldowns and the fitness tests left for all accomplishments. I don't regret doing this because otherwise I would have been very disappointed/angry once I finished everything legit and not receiving the trophies for that. In the end I wasted a complete weekend, it was doable but I will definitely never ever do something like this again.

Whoever was responsible for testing this game did a very lousy job and imo even a 10 year old kid could do it better. The programming doesn't seem to be either that complicated (at least for the ps3) but nevertheless they fucked it up. There are huge problems on the xbox360, WII and also for the ps3 and I'm sure they will never ever support us..just look at the so called crappy official forum.

Fact is that I am/was very dedicating into keeping my 100% completion rate, but I'm also kinda glad that it happened to me because from now on I won't care anymore about trophies and I won't spend so much time into gaming.

Just my two cents about this piece of sh*t.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, this is a warning for anyone who is going for all accomplishments, don't waste your time because 'Quite Accomplished' is for sure glitched...

Confirmation today from THQ - here is my email and their response:

Please do not reply to this email. To help ensure a prompt response, please click the link at the bottom of this email to refine your question.

On 10/3/2011 you posed a question to THQ which was noted as inquiry 169337.

The question you posed and our response are listed below.

Your Question, Comment or Feedback:

I believe the Quite Accomplished achievement may be

glitched. Presently I have 31 single player accomplishments completed, but the counter is only

showing 30. I did not cheat any, or change the date

on my console to get these accomplishments, I did

them all legit. I have lost 20+ pounds - thank you.

But I do love my achievements and I fear this one is

a problem. Can you please take a look into this. If

you need more input from me I an glad to offer it.

Thank you for making this great game and for taking

the time to read my email. Sincerely - Nigel

Response :

Thank you, Nigel, for contacting THQ Customer Support.

This is a known issue and the test team is aware of it. They believe that if you downloaded the game update while in the middle of an open workout program, it could have caused the issue. However they are still researching this issue and have not given us confirmation or an official solution. Once we receive a solution or answer, it will be posted on our support site here.

Best regards,

Jodie G

THQ Customer Support

Q&A Search

[This is for the achievement but I'm sure the trophy is no different!]

Edited by Mr Arrow

Wow, thanks for your input Arrow ! I actually can't believe that you got a response from thq (not that I tried it) :whistle:

glitched. Presently I have 31 single player accomplishments completed, but the counter is only

showing 30.

I guess that the only left accomplishment you need is to complete all 3 60 days programs ? Do you have everything else finished ? It's very strange though my counter tells me 33/33 for single player accomplishments 34/34 for all single & multi player challenges.

This is a known issue and the test team is aware of it. They believe that if you downloaded the game update while in the middle of an open workout program, it could have caused the issue.

Is this guy talking about the patch which was a few months ago released ? If yes, than this statement doesn't make any sense because you install the update before you actually start the game. I was thinking about to delete the patch and see what happens but I think that would not make any difference.. (haven't tried it though)

Once we receive a solution or answer, it will be posted on our support site here.

Well, looking forward to it but I wouldn't bet that they are going to fix this mess..but we never know..

Edited by Matix

• 2 months later...
Confirmation today from THQ - here is my email and their response:

Please do not reply to this email. To help ensure a prompt response, please click the link at the bottom of this email to refine your question.

On 10/3/2011 you posed a question to THQ which was noted as inquiry 169337.

The question you posed and our response are listed below.

Your Question, Comment or Feedback:

showing 30. I did not cheat any, or change the date

on my console to get these accomplishments, I did

them all legit. I have lost 20+ pounds - thank you.

But I do love my achievements and I fear this one is

a problem. Can you please take a look into this. If

you need more input from me I an glad to offer it.

Thank you for making this great game and for taking

the time to read my email. Sincerely - Nigel

Response :

Thank you, Nigel, for contacting THQ Customer Support.

This is a known issue and the test team is aware of it. They believe that if you downloaded the game update while in the middle of an open workout program, it could have caused the issue. However they are still researching this issue and have not given us confirmation or an official solution. Once we receive a solution or answer, it will be posted on our support site here.

Best regards,

Jodie G

THQ Customer Support

Q&A Search

[This is for the achievement but I'm sure the trophy is no different!]

So doesn't that mean it's not glitched for people who don't download the update during an open workout then?

So doesn't that mean it's not glitched for people who don't download the update during an open workout then?

Well, dunno but I don't think that the patch causes a reset of all data because I tried on my good save file to finish the 100 days off (ended my 60 day workout program and uninstalled the patch) and it glitched on the same day like before in result that all data has gone. Imho it's related to the save file itself, probably too much info to save that gets overwritten somehow. There is only one lucky person as far as I know that got the 100 day in a row achievement for xbox360.

Other than that, still no response from thq..they're acting like they never published ufc personal trainer.

Edited by Matix

I don't think so. I have had the game glitch again, well after the patch was first introduced.

The first glitch completely reset my workout journal. All my accomplishments that I had previously earned were still marked as completed.

A few weeks later I noticed that one of my accomplishments went from 750/750 to -33,567/750.

About 6 weeks after that another accomplishment [calories] reset from 5000/5000 to -33,567/5000.

BUT even after all this the single player accomplishment counter still shows 31/33!!

• 1 year later...

After doing the 30 scheduled exercises day 34 of my first 60-day (Mark's endurance intermediate) program, I decided to obtain successfully "speed bag pro" and "flipped out" trophies. I then noticed my traditional streak challenge accomplishment was negated. Day 33 save showed 750/750 with that accomplishment. I also redo Mark's combo# 5 daily at each of the 3 levels since they never carryover to the following day.

There may be a link to side-by-side multiplayer and/or a daily limit to the number of performed exercises permissible which when exceeded perhaps lead(s) to the aforementioned error seen.

Once traditional streak challenge or any other accomplishment is negated (losing blue star status) due to the bug, I'm inclined to believe "quite accomplished" and therefore the platinum cannot be obtained.

edit: I reset accomplishment back to normal 750/750 using my back-up after deleting corrupted data however I still can't retain Mark's combo#5 medals from day to day on both consoles

Edited by GTsuperlicensed
both 60- and 30-day programs eventually lead to DBB

• 1 month later...

The first glitch completely reset my workout journal. All my accomplishments that I had previously earned were still marked as completed.

A few weeks later I noticed that one of my accomplishments went from 750/750 to -33,567/750.

About 6 weeks after that another accomplishment [calories] reset from 5000/5000 to -33,567/5000.

BUT even after all this the single player accomplishment counter still shows 31/33!!

Asssuming you had all single-player accomplishments completed 33/33 prior to the first glitch, it conforms to 31/33 now that your "traditional streak challenge" and "burned up" accomplishments have both negated after the last glitch.

I'm also presuming you were trying to unlock "training devotee" otherwise why continue playing the game if all 33 single-player accomplishments have been achieved already...unless multi-player accomplishments were still missing?

Hoping not to replicate others' findings, I'll strive to unlock "quite accomplished" which I think at this point (day 70) means avoiding evident data corruption for almost 200 more days, perhaps in vain and improbable. Front-end data tends to disappear as the game progresses along with intermittent fade-to-black freeze or kick to the XMB.

"Balanced attack", "undisputed" and "ultimate trainee" accomplishments were unlocked simultaneously with "fully pledged" trophy pop. Unfortunately "quite accomplished" trophy did not pop.

I'll now pursue "training devotee", a bonus Herculean feat of platinum proportion if successful.:confused:

all blue star accomplishments complete but no trophy