Lost your save file? I DID!

Got this game the week that it came out. I have really enjoyed it, but I was 3/4 of the way through the 30 day strength building program and now it gone. I have been trying to go for the 100 days in a row trophy. I brought my ps3 to my girlfriends parents and did one workout, i had maybe 5 days left till the program was done, then this morning I go on to do today's exercise and the is no data of my progress! I didn't turn off the system when it was saving so I don't know what the hell is going on. Now I have to start everything over..I am so aggravated that I'm not even going to play this game for a couple months. I will just go to the real gym even more now. This happen to anyone else?

holy crap, that sucks. especially since these trophies require so much of a daily dedication. i guess it'd be a good idea to keep a backup save on usb. this is the first i've heard of any saving related issue for ps3 for this game.

Edited by jackmoore

• 4 weeks later...

same thing happened to me, i feel sick, so much work for nothing, dont know if i have it in me to start over, i put so meny things on hold to always make my daily workout and then i loose the file for no reason, i didnt turn off the system wrong or while it was saving, no idea what happened. but im very discouraged, finnaly i game that incourages nerds to work out and this combined with the crapy motion detection is a huge let down

• 1 month later...
Same thing just happened to me this morning. I was like 10 days away from my 100 days trophy. What a crap game!

Yep, same thing happened twice to me. First time I was about a month away from the 100 days and on the second time I was only 8 days away from achieving it. Did the workout journal completely gone back to 0 ? Have you been in a 30/60 program while it happened ? How did you notice it (before or after you started the workout on that day) ?

I'm trying to figure out what this reset is causing because all rewards/accomplishments seems to be fine as I'm almost done with them. Thanks in advance for your response !

I was in the middle of a 60 day program (I had already finished 2 30 day ones). This was an "off" day, so there was no check on the programs icon. But for whatever reason I decided to click on it just to double-check that it was an off day. Suddenly it was showing me a video clip, then after it said I had unlocked that clip (which I was pretty sure I had already done). It was then asking me to pick a program instead of showing me my calendar. I left that menu, and went to the workouts menu, and again it showed me a video I had already unlocked. I checked player tracker, and everything was now 0 on workout journal. I quit the game and reloaded, same thing. I checked my save to see if I could reload it (even though there's no option to do that..), and it showed it had just auto-saved when I started this morning.

I had been considering starting again, but now hearing this isn't all that uncommon, I'm done. Not to mention half the time I would fake exercises, since some would never register correctly (looking at YOU, T-pushups!), and the strap is shoddily made so it's now falling apart and the control will fall out if my legs are upside-down.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Have any of you guys considered or thought about backing up your save on a jump drive? I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and whether it works in this situation or not. I've thought about getting this game before but it looks like nothing but a headache from what i've read on these forums.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd also recommend checking accomplishment pages periodically to ensure none are negated, i.e. stars remain blue once earned, especially before manually saving to back-up. If every stat looks OK in program tracker rewards/WO journal, by-pass auto-save by avoiding returning to main menu if you suspect errant functioning of the save file and save game onto flash drive via XMB quitting game. The unknown is whether the completion of a WO is counted without returning to the main menu's auto-save. To ensure counting I restart the game after manually saving to flash drive which also allows rechecking of any corruption of game data stored on the internal drive. It's worked for me so far in only that respect notwithstanding the earlier error of my inability to retain medals for Mark's combo #5 saving when I should have deleted that error first. I've seen that dreaded black bar across the "traditional streak challenge" on 3 separate occasions thus far (see edit). Beware and avoid saving such corrupted data before proceeding further in the game are my recommendations. The end result is unknown personally but carrying errors forward portends doomed outcomes.

I hope my "corrected" data and due diligence will translate into obtaining the reportedly glitched trophies-"training devotee", "quite accomplished" and the fabled platinum on at least one of my consoles. If successful, I'll delineate which method worked first.

I choose to remain optimistic however bleak the well-traveled path ventured by many before me; there's still a long road ahead to travel...alone.

Edited by GTsuperlicensed
DBB on 14 separate occasions (day #66)

• 2 years later...