Rate the trophy difficulty...  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.81

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i gave it a three because the last few mazes and level 5 of tilt painting can be very frustrating. just take your time, use any rest spots you can find and use the edges respectively. take your time and learn to control the tablet well. i couldn't play around my kids i was swearing so much! but fun and easy in the end.

Are you serious!?!? Get real, guys. The paint maze at level 38 had me pulling what little hair I have left out to the point that I almost had a nervous breakdown! Well, maybe that's the dramatic version of how I felt, but still; 10. I probably tried to get the ball past those holes over 200 times, but just couldn't. Just like the lolly challenge in "Start The Party", I'm going to have to forever be one trophy away from the plat with this awful game.

Are you serious!?!? Get real, guys. The paint maze at level 38 had me pulling what little hair I have left out to the point that I almost had a nervous breakdown! Well, maybe that's the dramatic version of how I felt, but still; 10. I probably tried to get the ball past those holes over 200 times, but just couldn't. Just like the lolly challenge in "Start The Party", I'm going to have to forever be one trophy away from the plat with this awful game.

Honestly.

I'm sorry to hear your having trouble with it.

I wouldn''t give up on it, you can do it!

I rated it a 5. Anyway, I could definitely see the last few paint mazes preventing people from getting platinum in this game. Even with the glitch (although I beat level 40 legit) I could see people getting stuck on maze 39. I also don't see how anyone can beat this in 2-3 hours... I'd say it's a 10 hour platinum with the mazes and all the art lessons.

Edited by Johnny Bananas

I rated it a 5. Anyone who says the last few paint mazes are easy is just being a dick... people like that are just trying to make themselves feel good. Anyway, I could definitely see the last few paint mazes preventing people from getting platinum in this game. Even with the glitch (although I beat level 40 legit) I could see people getting stuck on maze 39. I also don't see how anyone can beat this in 2-3 hours... I'd say it's a 10 hour platinum with the mazes and all the art lessons.

They were easy to me, It's not being a dick. I did nearly every tilt maze first time, I found it really easy to control. After doing all mazes I had taken about 30 mins. I'm really suprised people found it hard to do the last mazes, I just posted a truthful account of my experience, I'm not trying to gloat, I'm merely trying to inform others about it being an easy platinum and not very time consuming.

I have platinumed the game and it's nowhere near 10 hours long. The only things that take time are the minigames....Alien splat, Tilt maze and Tilt Painting...all of that takes 30 mins for each game approx. Clearing the rest up is extremely easy and doesn't take long at all..2 - 3 hours was a fair assessment.

If your taking 10 hours to platinum this game then your doing something severely wrong.

Edited by stedaman

I am personally frustrated up to my eyeballs with this game. I have easily spent over 2 hrs on the lvl 5 paint tilt game and still haven't beaten it.

I did get thru the Alien Splat game... but again... it took me hours and hours.

I haven't rly played that far into the maze tilt yet but can already tell its going to be a backbreaker for me as well.

Maybe I don't have steady hands? Maybe I should replace the batteries in the tablet? Or maybe my tablet doesn't work as good as Urs? Iunno.... but I do know I'm beyond frustrated as hell with this game... and double frustrated that I can't shut my PS off or do anything with it till I beat this 5 lvl.... sigh....:mad:

After platinuming this game, I'm giving this a 3. The tilt painting/tilt maze mini games drive up the difficulty of this game due to the horrible tilting controls on the uDraw tablet.

Level 39 of the Tilt Maze and even the mazes in the level 30-39 range are tough because the black holes are placed so closely together in clever areas that one small mistake will force a restart.

Plus, level 5 of the tilt painting challenge was brutal because it is so long and you have no margin of error especially when its tough to stop your ball from moving if you are in the middle of the whiteboard.

Overall, uDraw Studio is a doable platinum within 1-2 days but it can be frustrating for some because the tilting controls are awful and the tilting mechanics doesn't fit well with the game.

After platinuming this game, I'm giving this a 3. The tilt painting/tilt maze mini games drive up the difficulty of this game due to the horrible tilting controls on the uDraw tablet.

Level 39 of the Tilt Maze and even the mazes in the level 30-39 range are tough because the black holes are placed so closely together in clever areas that one small mistake will force a restart.

Plus, level 5 of the tilt painting challenge was brutal because it is so long and you have no margin of error especially when its tough to stop your ball from moving if you are in the middle of the whiteboard.

Overall, uDraw Studio is a doable platinum within 1-2 days but it can be frustrating for some because the tilting controls are awful and the tilting mechanics doesn't fit well with the game.

I very much agree with this review! :applause:

Surprised to hear that. I never had any issues with the tilt controls. I found my udraw tablet very accurate which allowed me to navigate past all the black holes easily. Tilt painting just run your ball along the borders and when it gets to the the point where you have to go to the middle just take your time with it.

I enjoyed using the tilt controls more than anything else. I hope they release some more games that will ulterlise the tilting ability more but I don't think this tablet has sold too well.

• 2 weeks later...
2/10 from me. 7hrs from start to finish 1 hr of that spent doing the last 3 mazes especially the lvl 39 nevertheless a very simple game. I hope all the tablet based games are of an equal challenge.

Equal challenge lol are you serious there rubbish if you want a challenge don't get any of them and buy something good lol

i dont have this plat as of yet, but will say this!

Honestly Boys & Girls, ANYONE that rates this plat a 3 or lower needs to pull their head out of their asses!

This plat is at least a 5 IMO at the very least.

Dont get it twisted though, every "story based" trophy is a gimme, i know because my GF had them all within 45 minutes, so i can vouch for that much.

i.e- use this, play this, tuts and what not.

But the real difficulty is by far the paint tilt which, i will not lie took me quite some getting used to be4 i knocked them out 5 str8 levels the day after not being able to get passed level 4 the night be4.

Alien splat is horrid, the pad is very unresponsive when u need it to be which will make the 2 levels w/o dieing quite frustrating for some, myself was included! the level 10 isnt bad because of the try again continue.

Paint maze is my last trophy for the plat, im currently on level 35 and its rough! lol i dont even want to think of what 39 looks like after the way i hear it sounds.

these mini games are the game itself. so with that said i cant see how this game is a 1, a 2 or a 3, people need to put ego's aside when they vote, cuz honestly it wont make u any cooler, might just make people think your full of shit!

Edited by NyCzFiNeSt4pReZ

i dont have this plat as of yet, but will say this!

Honestly Boys & Girls, ANYONE that rates this plat a 3 or lower needs to pull their head out of their asses!

This plat is at least a 5 IMO at the very least.

Dont get it twisted though, every "story based" trophy is a gimme, i know because my GF had them all within 45 minutes, so i can vouch for that much.

i.e- use this, play this, tuts and what not.

But the real difficulty is by far the paint tilt which, i will not lie took me quite some getting used to be4 i knocked them out 5 str8 levels the day after not being able to get passed level 4 the night be4.

Alien splat is horrid, the pad is very unresponsive when u need it to be which will make the 2 levels w/o dieing quite frustrating for some, myself was included! the level 10 isnt bad because of the try again continue.

Paint maze is my last trophy for the plat, im currently on level 35 and its rough! lol i dont even want to think of what 39 looks like after the way i hear it sounds.

these mini games are the game itself. so with that said i cant see how this game is a 1, a 2 or a 3, people need to put ego's aside when they vote, cuz honestly it wont make u any cooler, might just make people think your full of shit!

Its a fact i had little trouble at all resulting in my 2/10 vote. Fly me to your city and i'll do the game for you so if you dont like/cant play/dont understand or for whatever reason dont judge others scores its THEIR opinion based on THEIR experience not yours.

This is always an interesting debate. I try to rate games based on how I think the average person would find them. If you happen to excel at a game and find it really easy, that doesn't really mean most people will. I do understand that's why the difficulty is averaged among all ratings, but I still try to think from the perspective of an average gamer. Having said that, I think the tilt mazes could indeed trip up a lot of gamers and prevent them from getting platinum so I tend to think 1 or 2 difficulty rating is also misleading. At any rate, I can see both points of view even though I don't agree with both of them. I think it's the fault of the rating system description, it's too vague. If they said more specifically what you should consider when rating a game, maybe we could all get along! :)