Is the game good?

Bahamut

For those that have played the game is it good? This game has been on my radar for quite some time now and Id apreciate some opinions on it. I sure hope its better tham Gothic 4, that one was complete crap.

The reviews dont help one bit cause theyre a total mess, we have 95s and 60s, theres not 1 review that has given an average grade to this game, its either excelent or crappy grades lol. Also mst of them are in German thats a bit of a problem to me.

So guys help me out here, is this a fun RPG ?

Edited by Bahamut

Going by the 'all over the place' reviews, and what people who have played it, I am confident that this game will not dissapoint.

Besides Bahamut, search your feelings... When do reviewers EVER give rpg's of any kind great reviews? .......................Unless it's a huge one like FF?

Don't trust bad reviews on rpg's, however, if one does happen to get some good reviews, it must be doing something right!

Without even playing the game yet, I am 100% willing to bet that TWII will destroy Gothic 4 in every way possible.

If you are still undecided to get it or not by the time of US release, I will be picking it up day 1 (Jan 25th) and I will tell you everything you want to know about the game.:)

Edited by Blood_Runs_Cold

Besides Bahamut, search your feelings... When do reviewers EVER give rpg's of any kind great

reviews? .......................Unless it's a huge one like FF?

Don't trust bad reviews on rpg's, however, if one does happen to get some good reviews, it must be doing something right!

Without even playing the game yet, I am 100% willing to bet that TWII will destroy Gothic 4 in every way possible.

Ye reviews are never fair for RPGs and I dont trust reviews overall, but when all reviews are good or all bad that is a indicative of something, when theyre all over the place you gota ask yourself what the hell is going on.

I dont think Ill get this day 1 because Im kinda short on money and I need to get ME 2, but Ill give this a try latter on. Ill be whaiting to hear what you think about the game BloodRunsCold.

Well it got a few bugs and glitches allright.

And if you like to have on conversation you will notice sometimes that what the people are saying is not what you can read.. I say "Wtf? How.. This is really really bad" ^^'

But it´s a good game. You can spend a lot of hours in it to do what you want to or almost.

I say give this game a go if it´s on sale or anything. ^_^ Or you can rent it and try it, if you are one of the lucky people that can do that.

Ye reviews are never fair for RPGs and I dont trust reviews overall, but when all reviews are good or all bad that is a indicative of something, when theyre all over the place you gota ask yourself what the hell is going on.

I dont think Ill get this day 1 because Im kinda short on money and I need to get ME 2, but Ill give this a try latter on. Ill be whaiting to hear what you think about the game BloodRunsCold.

No prob Bahamut. I will also be getting ME2, and I really am excited about it, but something, no idea what lol, is compelling me to play Two Worlds first....

Game's not perfect but which is?

I enjoyed it a lot, I especially liked the sidequests, they tried to bind them together a little and they have nice stories to them. World design is very pretty, though technically not the best, but I prefer beautyful design over polygoncount.

I ended up being a melee guy, so I cannot say much about ranged and magics, but it appears as if those are quite powerfull if you put exp into it from what I've seen in MP.

MP coop is fun for a while. MP competitive ... flawed, but if you're really into such stuff, I guess it's okay.

If you like dungeon fantasy RPGs you're definitively going to like this game. It doesn't blink out in any way but it it isn't bad in any way.

Look past some bugs en some blur and you have a great adventure to play.

Developers are cominb with a patch for the known bugs and blur btw.

• 2 weeks later...

im gonna have to disagree with you all guys lol.

I was REALLY looking forward to this game. The first two worlds game was probably the MOST disappointed ive ever been with a game, so it took a lot to convince myself to give the second one a try.

First off, the actual story is non existent. The story is told in broken cutscenes filled with yip yap that is just a bunch of blabbering on nonsense. Not to mention, the voice acting is horrid and cuts in and out mid sentence, all the while graphics in the backgrounds of these cutscenes are popping in and out.

Ok so f the story, i could care less about the story, as long as the rest of the game is good. Sometimes the graphics look awe-inspiring good, when they arent popping in and out of the background, and usually this isnt a problem for a game but it is a major problem with this one.

The actual in game menu looks like it was designed by a child, its really cluttered and just looks like a mess overall to even try to sort through.

Ok so f the menus, story, popping of graphics, and cutscenes. What about the combat? Combat has to be good right? Laughably no, no its not. The melee combat is kind of a wonky mess, if you try to move around during it alot of times you unlock from the enemy and will swing wildly. Blocking only works SOMETIMES, and the enemy AI is pretty bad. As in, i can take my bow and shoot someone from a distance, they will walk towards me and then begin back to where they came from until i hit them again or until the get stuck on say, a rock.

I wouldnt say the game is just unplayable like the first one was, but it certainly didnt turn out to be the polished game i thought it would be and is borderline on the fun side. There is a lot to explore, like oblivion or fallout, lots of upgrades and crafting, but other than that everything else falls pretty flat. I havent used magic enough to find out whats wrong with it yet lol.

I dont hate the game, i dont love the game, its pretty neutral in my book. I am however disappointed the game wasnt better, as it could have, and should have been. It was delayed for what, an entire year i think? Buy at your own risk, you will either somewhat like it or absolutely hate it, if you love this game you really should try some other things ps3 has to offer lol.

Edited by zer0tobackdown

That's your opinion! And IMO you can keep it!

lol i speak the truth. you cant honestly say this game is better than the other rpgs the ps3 has to offer. I can name 5 just off top of my head that are sitting next to me that make this game look like a ps2 game.

Im 8 hours into this game and theres just so many things wrong with it, its not even funny.

Yesterday i was trying to climb up some stairs, but my dude wouldnt walk up them. So i tried jumping but he wouldnt jump lol. So i backed up and tried jumping and now he got up the stairs. Just for fun i ran back down the stairs and instead of walking up them i tried running and he ran up half of them before he hit a magical invisible wall. Thats just one example of problems with this game.

Theres invisible doors, sometimes you have to select a dialogue option and you cant even see what your selecting because its not on the screen. The map is so cluttered and hard to use it makes doing the quests a chore.

The enemy a.i. is just so bad its laughable. I was doing the quest you have to protect some guy during an exchange, the exchange went bad and the bad guys your suppose to kill, well one decided it a good idea to run the opposite way into a wall and he just stayed there running into a wall for a couple minutes until i put him out of his misery.

Another quest i was told to sneak into a warehouse during night that was guarded by 2 dudes, well instead of waiting i climbed up a rock from a distance and shot about 50 arrows into them killing them, but they just stood there and didnt do anything, didnt bother to move or even raise there weapon.

Im not saying the game shouldnt be played, all im saying is there is a LOT wrong with the game and much better rpgs around. Oblivion came out years ago and is still 20x better than this game, along with fallout, dragon age, demon souls, star ocean, final fantasy.. etc etc. Im just glad i bought dead space 2 along with this to balance out the goodness.

Edited by zer0tobackdown

To finally beat a horse that, if not already dead, is in mortal danger of dying, ign JUST posted the xbox version review, even tho i dont hold much weight on anything ign ever says they are spot on with the review, and i thought a 6 outta 10 was a bit generous.

If you dont agree with my comments above the reviewer basically stated everything i said, but in a MUCH more funnier version, my favorite comment of the article probably being

"There are enormous sections of Two Worlds II that became extended old-school save-crawls as I made my way to the end. While the timer on my save read around 14 hours by the time I screamed and shouted and pushed my way through Two Worlds II's final (miserable, cheap, and poorly designed) boss encounter, I would put my play time in the neighborhood of 35 hours, at least. This is courtesy of Two Worlds II's propensity to greet exploration with quick, brutal death."

Anyways, heres the review link, read for yourself.

Two Worlds II Review - Xbox 360 Review at IGN

I like this game in much the same way as I like Nier. In a crowded RPG market, this would be mediocre. But this generation has seen very few RPGs, and this game is imminently playable, even if it is unpolished (to the extreme), and somewhat simplistic.

I think that Oblivion is a poor comparison. Rather, this game reminds me a lot of Sacred 2. There is tons of loot collecting, but not much story. The exploration aspect is significantly better, though. Combat is OK, but as another person mentioned, the enemy AI is laughable (and yes, I definitely take advantage of it). It is hilarious to see the enemy hit its invisible, and sit there while you pummel it with spells. Also, the menus are clunky as hell (although the metallurgy skill is a great idea, even if it is implemented improperly).

Still, despite its flaws, it makes me happy to play this. I laugh out loud when I talk to people, so I don't mind the ridiculous voices and horrible exchanges.

Kevin's video review at GameSpot pretty much shares my thoughts on the game. He rates 7.5/10.

This is one of those RPGs that I do not race home to play. In-fact, I feel like it is almost a chore to even play this game because the story is not interesting. While the pace does pick up after the introduction, the quirks show up quick.

It will not be long until you discover Reality Pump stretched themselves thin in the quest department. As there is an obvious lack of polish in almost every quest. While the quantity of quests is nice and all, I just can't get the feeling out of my head of how disappointing the presentation is. (Everything from the menus, quests, and trigger-happy controls)

What does keep me involved is the fun mage system, expansive upgrades, and some sprinkled humor here and there (monty python FTW). Being open-world means lots of fun exploring and I can tackle any side-quest I want.

If you can look beyond the rough edges, and want to wet an RPG appetite than you'll probably enjoy it.

7/10

• 1 month later...

Hello there.....

Just wondered if anybody could help me with this one - it was a game i had pre-ordered through GAME but then it was an Amazon exclusive release from what i heard so i cancelled my Pre-order i do enjoy RPG's but what i wanted to know while the game has drawn a comparison from some against Sacred 2 etc. ... how does it compare to Dragon Age Origins so basically if it was DA or TW2 which would you pick - i only ask because i rellly enjoyed Dragon age Origins and was looking at either Two worlds 2 or Dragon Age 2. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you have to pick something, then go with DA2 - otherwise wait until the inevitable Ultimate version.

Seriously avoid this game. It has a massive amount of flaws.

The control scheme probably pisses me off more than anything else...why they thought sticking attacks to R2 (even worse when it needs to be held down) and using the analog stick for everything I'd normally use the directional buttons for is downright annoying. Stats appear simplified but lack explanation. For instance, you'd never guess that each body part corresponds to a piece of armor instead of the usual additive (you hand gets hit, only the hand armor counts), making a certain set of bonus code armor very overpowered. Oh, and for some reason wearing any helmet or hat makes you bald. Playing as a either a mage or archer is frustrating - unless your timer is upgraded all the way, you're likely to get interrupted over and over.

To me, it feels like a small MMO. Lots of quests, no reason to do any of them. No soul, just grind, grind, grind...MP is ridiculous. Everyone is a high level mage with max. effects spamming all over the place. Adventure mode is also a boring grind. Village mode is okay...except for the part where your village morale constantly drops because there are a few skeletons...way out of town...in a dungeon...that you need to kill and the guards feel no need to help you out...or even leave the guardhouse for any reason.

I started to think the spell system might be fun...till I figured out not only is it mana-intensive, it has a lot of room for abuse, as seen online. Also, there is no equipment that affects spell damage or effects.

Voice acting is god-awful. I don't mind the main character so much, but does he really have to say 'good...good' in a really creepy way every time he chops something up? Do the shop keepers ever shut up? I don't know because I play on mute most of the time and I can never tell if someone is using a mic. Also, would it have hurt them to pay another voice actor for male characters online? Seriously? He doesn't even have lines there, it'd be better if they removed dialogue completely (online).

Even in an uncrowded RPG market, this is a pile of crap.

Edited by Anomanderuselnu

• 4 weeks later...