My strategy for the 4 glitched trophies + theory

Gunsnipe3795

Hey everyone, now that I got the INFAMOUS glitched trophies on Twisted Metal, I thought that it would be nice to share how I got them through normal boosting progression. Now this may work for those who are about to start working on this hellish platinum; but there's a slim chance that it might also work for those who had at least one, if not ALL of the four trophies glitched on them, so with that in mind, here we go, I'll do one trophy at a time.

Point. Shoot.Kill

PSK was the first of the glitched trophies I got through normal progression. My strategy for it was to focus on one missile at a time (the game may let you off by focusing on fire and homing at the same time), the best place to stock up on the other three (Power, Stalker and Swarmer Missiles) is the trench warfare map in watkyn's harbor. For me I alternated with power and stalker for kills, I left swarmer missiles last; but once I reached 100 kills with the swarmer, PSK popped. So again, focus on one missile at a time and it also wouldn't hurt to go over a hundred with each missile just to be safe.

Any Car Would Do

ACWD was the second glitched trophy I got through normal progression. My strategy was the same as it was for PSK, I focused on one car at a time. I used the cars that were first available for you and unlocked the others as I went; but still, I focused on one car at a time, I never switched during the match whenever I reached the fiftieth kill, I went through the entire match, going over the fifty kill mark with that car. When I reached juggernaut, I didn't have him unlocked by the time I got to him so I skipped him and worked on reaper, then darkside, warthog and sweet tooth. Once I got juggernaut unlocked, he was my last vehicle, basically what I did with him was ram the other boosters that are with me. I was at forty-two kills on my first turn with juggernaut; but on my second, when I got my last eight kills, ACWD popped. So the strategy is to focus on one car at a time, work with the cars that are unlocked first and then go down the car list, again it wouldn't hurt to go past fifty with each car (with the exception of Axel)

A La Mode

A La Mode was the third glitched trophy that I got through normal progression. This one was pretty easy, get ten wins per mode. Again I focused on one mode at a time. I started off with deathmatch and worked my way through team deathmatch, last man standing, team last man standing, hunted, team hunted and nuke. Once I got my tenth win on nuke the trophy popped. Now the game may let you get away with getting wins while other boosters are hosting their rooms and you join their team in the team games; but to be safe, win your matches in the rooms you create.

Another Level

AL was the last of the glitched trophies that I got through normal progression. To make this one as easy as possible to get and for it to nearly coincide with A La Mode, I focused one game mode with one map (i.e. deathmatch with Grindhouse (Sunsprings, CA map)). Go down the map list in your profile and mark each map with a game mode), Another thing that may help is keeping the map size in the small to medium variety, don't do large or XL maps (except on nuke where you do XL regardless).

MAKE SURE you get your kills/wins in the rooms you host. Like I said you may get away with it when other boosters host their own rooms and you're partnered with that host in team matches; but to be safe, get your kills/wins in the rooms you host. Once you win a match in the room you created, if you see a message saying "Posting to statistic servers" or something along that line, then your kills/wins have counted, just make sure that you go to your profile and refresh your stats at least twice before joining another booster's room.

That was the strategy I came up with that worked for me, now it may work for you then again it may not, it all depends on the circumstances. Now here's my theory as to why I got the four through normal progression while others have had one glitched or all of them. My theory is that the game relies solely on a wired connection for the kills/wins to count, if you're running off from a wireless connection, chances are one of the four trophies may glitch on you. I'm not saying go and connect your console to your router; but you'll most likely have a better chance at these trophies to pop if your PS3 was physically connected to the router via Ethernet cable; but there is still that chance that one of the four trophies may glitch on you so be prepared if one of them does. Take this information with a grain of salt.

Edited by Gunsnipe3795

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of this is in fact all truth, I agree, ultimately what you want to do is HoST every game you possibly can, as long as you get the message saying "game will be ranked" even before dropping connection prior to the tally of Xperia your stats will be recorded.

-as a side note to this, if in fact you are not hosting, if the host drops mid game or even b4 the above mentioned screen appears the stats will not be recorded, I tested this myself and it holds water.

-another thing to note, games that are recorded stat wise, that pop trophies, your kill counts for that game will not be recorded server side, the trophies will pop as they should but the kills will remain the same as they were prior to the game that popped the said trophy. *confirmed by my acct statistics* pictures to prove.

I will be back to update this after I'm done with my 2 remaining online trophies.

So as I said previously I'd be back after I achieved all online trophies, not a single one glitched. Thank god the grind is over.

WILL GIVE SOME TIPS I WROTE DOWN, later right now I need to sleep lol.

Edited by NyCzFiNeSt4pReZ
Updated