To whoever is looking for the 4 infamous glitched trophies

ifilgoodx

Preamble

By the 4 glitched trophies I'm talking about the win/kill based online trophies, i.e. Point Shoot Kill (PSK), Any Car Will Do (ACWD), A La Mode (ALM), Another Level (AL).

You have probably seen this old thread by Static-X about how he came around the issue of these trophies not popping. By reading the thread, you would know that:

1. Obviously you need to play ranked games. Minimum 6 player to start a game. (If you are boosting, 3 players can play in split screen using a 2nd gamepad and an alternate account)

2. The 5 missiles required for PSK are Swarmer, Stalker, Fire, Homing and Power. (Sniper and Freeze do not count)

3. For ACWD you need to use all cars except Axel, for a total of 16 cars. So that includes Warthog (you will need to unlock the Twisted Gold trophy prior).

4. The trophies MAY or MAY NOT unlock right after meeting their requirements (whether it is 100 kills per missile, 50 kills per car, 10 wins per mode or 10 wins per map). But they also MAY or MAY NOT pop after going over requirements either. :wall:

5. If the trophies do not unlock on time, it might be useful to reset your save file and start over (priorly backing it up on a USB flash drive, of course). Know that any online progress (online rank, unlocked vehicles including Warthog, unlocked weapons and upgrades) remain associated to your PSN ID so they will not disappear. If you have finished single player mode and unlocked Twisted Gold prior, this shouldn't be an issue.

6. The progress towards trophies is most likely registered on your save file (not on server). So whatever stats the TM server is displaying after doing a save file reset will not count. You'll have to go above these (i.e. if the server says you have 115 missile kills and you reset, you now have to get 215 missile kills).

7. When boosting the trophies with partners you should not join a room you do not know. It is highly advised that you host or that you only join a room one of your partners has created and is still hosting. As far as we know, if the original host of a room quits, you should quit too. If the host freezes or disconnects ingame, it is then advised that you quit too because host transfer is not reliable and kills/wins progress most likely won't count.

8. The wins progress registers at the very end of a game (when the game saves). It only reliable if you and the host remain connected until you are both sent back to the game room, else it might not count.

9. When boosting, be wary of randoms and/or trolls, because there will be many. :wall:

But...

So all of the above is the accumulated knowledge of players before me (see Static-X's thread) or who played with me for tips on how to avoid the trophies getting glitched. But even after doing all this, some of these trophies STILL may or may not pop right after meeting the requirements. :2walls:

- I have played with a partner [forum user: TyrantII ] who reset his save file, then hosted all games and got all of his trophies right on time. He has platinum'd now

- I have played with a partner [forum user: SilverChariot ] who has not resetted and never (or almost never) hosted and got all of his trophies on time. He has platinum'd too.

- I have played with a partner who hosted most games [forum user: TreBubba ], and got all of his trophies but never on time. (He still needs to do some of his single player trophies before platinum)

- I have played with a partner with a very unreliable console who couldn't host and who has had multiple issues joining our game rooms. He nevertheless got his PSK and AL trophies on time (but on different tries). He still needs ACWD though. :2walls:

- I, myself, have done many tries. At first, i wasn't hosting and I got PSK and ACWD right on time. But, using the same save file, ALM only unlocked after doing 14-15 wins/mode. And even after 25 wins/map, AL didn't unlock. Fastforward some time, on my last try, I host all games, AL unlocks but only after 14-15 kills per map. Luckily, I got my platinum.

Considering our cumulative boosting experience with the game, it means there might still be factor that we didn't yet figure out :confused: and that causes the save file to not properly keep track of progress, or maybe even corrupt. But I think I know what it might be...

My Theory

You will notice, the game has a weird procedure for something. If you join a ranked game room with a game ongoing, you cannot late join. But if you stay in room until the game finishes, for some reason the game will save even if you didn't play. I think this might be another be a factor for the save file glitching, i.e. either corrupting or resetting.

My experience: like I said, at my first save file reset, both PSK and ACWD unlocked right on time. But ALM and AL didn't. And when I re-tried by hosting all games, I made the mistake once (JUST ONCE :mad:) to join a random to see who was in. So I stayed until the game was over and my PS3 saved. My progress was 4-5 wins/map then. And, for some reason, AL popped when I reached 14-15 wins, i.e. about 10 wins later.

So to whoever is looking for one the 4 glitched trophies (especially AL and ALM), I would like you to investigate into that matter. Delete your save file. Try hosting all games. Never join another room. Keep track of your progress on a piece of paper. Go up to 8-9 wins per map or mode. *Stop there. Now back up your save file to a USB flash drive (and maybe also your computer). Now try to mess up your file. Ask a partner to host and quit ingame. Even try to join some random games with unknown people. Finish your trophy requirements. Does it pop? If no, try re-loading your old save file onto your PS3. Go back to boosting the normal way where you left off*. Meet trophy requirements. Does it pop? If yes, Quod Erat Demonstrandum. :dance:

Since I have spent many weeks boosting that game, I don't have the time and willingness to try what I said here, but one of you guys can. And if so, give us the feedback. You'd help many other players get their trophy in their own course.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Hope this helps.

:D

On a slightly related note, you might also be looking for the 30 daily wins trophy: All Sales Are Final. There's a known method discovered by lewis1992 (see thread) about changing your console date.

If my experience can be valuable here again, I don't think you should ever go back in time. Say you've played days 1 to 27, missed day 28, then played days 29 and 30 --> rewinding your console's date and time back to day 28 will not work.

However, if you get wins from days 1 to 27, then you play on day 28 and not win, you won't have to worry here. Whatever the date your save file was last used (for example: day 28 at exactly 10 PM) is what you have to care about. Any subsequent day, you can set your PS3 back to day 28 (anywhere between 10:01 PM and ~11:40 PM) and get your daily win. The following days should work with no problem and your trophy should unlock normally. That is the method how I unlocked my trophy anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On a slightly related note, you might also be looking for the 30 daily wins trophy: All Sales Are Final. There's a known method discovered by lewis1992 (see thread) about changing your console date.

If my experience can be valuable here again, I don't think you should ever go back in time. Say you've played days 1 to 27, missed day 28, then played days 29 and 30 --> rewinding your console's date and time back to day 28 will not work.

However, if you get wins from days 1 to 27, then you play on day 28 and not win, you won't have to worry here. Whatever the date your save file was last used (for example: day 28 at exactly 10 PM) is what you have to care about. Any subsequent day, you can set your PS3 back to day 28 (anywhere between 10:01 PM and ~11:40 PM) and get your daily win. The following days should work with no problem and your trophy should unlock normally. That is the method how I unlocked my trophy anyway.

I recently got the ASAF trophy using the lewis1992 method. It took me a little over a week to do it because there is a lot of waiting involved. Sometimes a room did not have enough players and I had to wait until other players joined (Which took a while sometimes). Another factor involved is that most of the active players are TM veterans so you might have a hard time winning a DM. Your best bet are team-based games.

Gathering enough people to start a game is only half the battle. You still need to do your best to win and hope that your teammates do not quit mid-game.

I can confirm that you DO NOT need to adjust the clock, only the date. There were a couple of times where I was playing around 11 PM and could not get a win. So on the next day I came back around 6 PM and adjusted the date back to the day I was supposed to be playing, got my win and carried on. I believe I did this 2 or 3 times over the course of the 30 days required and the trophy popped right on time.

Another suggestion, every time you get a win, go and check your stats and make sure it counted. If you refresh your stats and your win does not show up, do not panic. Most of the time you need to refresh the stats twice for it to show up. If your win does not show up after refreshing the stats twice, then it did not count and you will have to get another one. I recommend you use a Google Docs spreadsheet to keep track of your wins. It is really helpful.

I hope my experience is helpful to other players.

I will be going for the famous glitched 4 now. I have not met the requirements for any of those yet. I will share my experience when I do.

• 2 weeks later...

I got PSK and ACWD through normal progression. For PSK I focused on one missile at a time starting with the Fire Missiles and worked my way down. Once I surpassed a hundred kills with the Swarmer Missiles, PSK popped for me. For ACWD, I also focused on one car at a time and NEVER switched out a car during a match (unless it was a car I already exceeded 50 kills with). Juggernaut was the last vehicle for me, my first turn I got forty-two kills with him, when my next turn came, I got the remaining eight kills with him, after that eighth kill, ACWD popped for me.

I never deleted the game (digital version). The only thing I did differently was after each match I hosted, I went to my profile and refreshed my profile. I also read that as long as you get that message after every match that you hosted saying that your stats are being posted to the server or something like that, then your stuff will count.

I did not worry about PSK and ACWD. I did missiles all at once. I changed cars in game when I reached 50. Both unlocked fine for me.

What I'd be most curious about is if you, or anyone else willing, could investigate about the "My Theory" part in my first post. To see if late-joining a room affects the save file.

Of course you shouldn't reset your save file if you're doing good so far, just back it up on a USB flash drive before messing with it.

Well ifilgoodx, I wish I could but since yesterday, the TM servers have been screwing us around, the statistics server keeps crashing, forcing us to disconnect from them, I just managed to get the a la mode trophy just before the servers crashed again. I talked to a guy @ Sony and he told me that the servers on TM aren't closing down anytime soon, so I'm guessing its a masse communications error on the servers part that keeps screwing with us. I just hope that I don't get screwed, I'm 14 wins away from getting the another level trophy (4 more wins on the thrills map and 10 on the LA skyline map)

Well now that I got the four glitched trophies out of the way, I can say for certain that joining late (I've done it a few times just before the matched started) in another boosters room DOES NOT affect the trophies in any way, as long as the host booster has a strong connection to keep the game going it'll be fine, even if someone loses connection to the game.

Edited by Gunsnipe3795

I too was able to obtain all four trophies. I only boosted, but ended up not hosting all of my matches due to my crappy ISP slowdowns during peak usage times. I had my boosting partners host for me. I was d/c'd from the stats server a lot (almost every match when I did host) but three of the four still popped right on time. ACWD I had to play one extra round and got two kills with Warthog and then it popped. Just a hunch, but I could remember times during a Hunted match where I was the hunted and when I killed other ppl it would not give me a point nor would the announcer say "The Hunted has scored a point". So I figured I would start with the cars I used during Hunted matches and it popped soon after.

Glad the boost is over, it took longer than I thought. The MP could have been really fun to do legit if it wasn't for the glitched trophies.

• 4 months later...

Yes hosting games seems to be the best answer. But that would take loads of time if you are boosting with other people, it would be a waiting game for them until its there turn to boost.

But anything for these trophies to pop. I am self-boosting this so it shouldn't pose any problem with myself hosting everything.

Yes hosting games seems to be the best answer. But that would take loads of time if you are boosting with other people, it would be a waiting game for them until its there turn to boost.

But anything for these trophies to pop. I am self-boosting this so it shouldn't pose any problem with myself hosting everything.

You are self boosting? So you have 3 PS3s? Nice... I would offer to join you if you want to ease the burden a bit.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

If I’m understanding the issue correctly, some people have no issues and for those who do it may have something to do with them not being the game host. If my understanding is correct, then why are so many of the lobby hosts getting butthurt when I join their matches? What possible threat could I present besides one more opponent to kill?

Edited by Seidnerz