All Sales Are Final... Unless you cheat ;)

lewis1992

Just to let everyone know, I can now confirm that moving the clock forward does indeed work for this trophy. I did it for the last few days since I knew I would not have internet access for days 28, 29 and 30 so I decided it was worth a go! :p

Go for 2 wins per day, maybe at different rooms to be safe? And make sure the original host is there!!

Bad point: winning 2 games, changing clock and re-starting the game takes about half an hour. For 30 days, this would be 900 minutes, which is 15 hours if my Maths is right. So it's still a long slog if you want to cheat, but hopefully this will help someone in need! :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're all very welcome :) And I'm 100% sure that it wasn't Day 30 already because I checked my calender from when I bought TM (I was on Day 27 as the game released later in Europe), and did the last few days by changing the clock. No glitch or nastiness! :)

The main reason I'm sharing this is because the developers have no righ to put a trophy like this into a game because not everyone can access the internet for a month straight. Furthermore, it's difficult to get into a game anyway which makes this trophy nearly impossible!

This should have been silver or gold, not bronze!

Anyway, if anyone has any questions I'll try to reply within a day or two :)

That probably depends on if you played the game at all on the day you missed a win, or any day after that. If you did, the game would probably record the string of wins as being broken and update the save file (where trophy info is stored) accordingly. i.e. (X = win, NX = no win): X, X, X, NX

If you just left the game alone after the most recent win (didn't turn it on at all, in other words), you might be able to turn back the ps3's clock to the next day you should have won, and trick the game into starting from there (assuming the TC here is telling the truth and didn't just make miscalculate the number of consecutive days he had won a game, or it didn't just glitch and give it to him when he shouldn't have received it).

Moving the clock forward does work!! I was at day 29 (already had my win for that day) and decided what the hell, ill move it forward one day and see what happens. Right after my next win ASAF popped!! I was pretty happy cause I wasnt sure if my stat keeping was accurate or not. Sometimes the wins dont register so you are better off winning at least a couple a day to gaurantee your wins are registering.

There is a glitch in the game where stats are not recorded if the original host of a room isn't present.

But as long as you refresh your stats and see another win, that means it counted right? Or does it record the win but not count?

How can you check if the original host is still there? Most of the time hosts rename their games so that it doesn't reflect the host name anymore. Is it visible somewhere else as well? And do you only need the original host to be present when starting the game or does he has to stay from beginning till end?

Yes, changing the clock worked for me too. I was at about 7-10 days the normal way when I found this thread, and then played the hell out of team deathmatch until 30 "days". Trophy earned :)

(It seems I had to update the stats twice to make sure my "games won" went up by 1.)

Now I can just play at my own pace without having to win every day. :)

Hey MrTroll I do not appreciate the implication that I lied about this method working when I only posted here to help others. Oh, and as someone who is studying a Maths degree, I'm sure I can determine whether or not I have passed 30 days properly, especially since my holidays were only 28 days long (hence 28 days of internet access).

You all raise a good question about whether it works in reverse! I wish I could help but since I already have the trophy that is no longer possible. Have fun! :)

Hey MrTroll I do not appreciate the implication that I lied about this method working when I only posted here to help others. Oh, and as someone who is studying a Maths degree, I'm sure I can determine whether or not I have passed 30 days properly, especially since my holidays were only 28 days long (hence 28 days of internet access).

You all raise a good question about whether it works in reverse! I wish I could help but since I already have the trophy that is no longer possible. Have fun! :)

reverse doesn't work

I didn't imply anything like that, I just allowed for the possibility. Anybody can come onto a message board and make unverified claims that may or may not be legitimate. Most people are honest, some aren't.

I didn't imply anything like that, I just allowed for the possibility. Anybody can come onto a message board and make unverified claims that may or may not be legitimate. Most people are honest, some aren't.

Fair enough, and I appreciate that I have not made many posts on this website and hence could be initially seen as an unreliable source. However, I only created an account here to post in the Twisted Metal forums! :D

At least we can all rest assured that others have now tried this and confirmed it, though it's a shame it doesn't work for missed days! :(