Official Twisted Metal Bitching Thread

mjc0961

Use this thread to air your complaints about the game instead of clogging up other threads with them. This thread was created under moderator approval, please use it. (To bitch about the game, not to flame those of us who are enjoying it.)

I'll start, since I'm playing the game right now and found something to bitch about: Who thought "Straight Out of Compton" was a good idea for a song in this game? Yeah, a crappy rap song whose only audible lyrics are "nigger" and "mother fucker/mother fucking" repeated ad nauseum really fits in with well with the rest of the soundtrack of this game. Want to drive around blowing shit up to "Heavy Metal"? How about "Dragula"? Perhaps "I Can't Drive 55"? No, fuck those appropriate classic rock and metal tracks, I want some terrible rap music.

I think I'm going to have to go buy all the other songs on the soundtrack off iTunes, and make a custom playlist out of them (along with some other ones that would fit well with this game) so I never have to have my ears suffer that Compton shit again.

(And yeah, I know I complained about the swearing in the song and then swore myself, but I feel there's a significant difference between a few swear words in a post of decent length and a three to four minute song that says "mother fucker" every 10 seconds.)

Edited by mjc0961

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start, since I'm playing the game right now and found something to bitch about Who thought "Straight Out of Compton" was a good idea for a song in this game? Yeah, a crappy rap song whose only audible lyrics are "nigger" and "mother fucker/mother fucking" repeated ad nauseum really fits in with well with the rest of the soundtrack of this game.

Umm yeah way to impose your musical taste on the world. The game has custom playlist and supports the ability to play music off your own HDD so that's a stupid complaint, you should have just posted it in this dumb thread but nobody cared then and no one cares now, its one song out of what 30 or 40 (plus the N word is censored in the game so I don't how you're hearing it). Anyway, ST8 Outta Compton is by far the best song in the game. When it comes on I get pumped to kill. Well I used to before I turned off the music because I got sick of hearing the damn menu theme over and over again while waiting to get into an online game. Which brings me to the list:

• Awful servers
  • Iron Maiden on twisted
  • Terrible Servers
  • CoC on twisted
  • Shitty servers
  • Broken lobby system
  • Atrocious servers
  • Broken party system
  • Glitchy trophies - Some popped before they should have, others were delayed.
  • And last but not least - The worst servers I've ever played in...Ever.

That's it for now. If this thread was up when I was playing my twisted playthrough I could have written a dissertation in this thread :o

I actually don't mind straight outta' Compton it's old school rap/hip-hop. Also Nigger is not censored I can clearly hear it in the track. Or maybe I'm going deaf lol. I pretty agree with your list immikeulate and I'm sure just like everyone who played the demo assumed that the network issues would have been ironed out by then. Also I have a few complaints myself, I don't know if any of you have tried the multiplayer split screen with 3 or 4 people but the maps that can be selected are the small section of 4 maps give or take. I understand that maybe from a technical perspective it might be taxing on the system but I was looking forward to playing all the maps with my friends. Funny thing is that in split screen not much is lost visually, it still has motion blur effects and shading which is something most games that actually still have split screen remove. The other complaint is some of the trophies specifically the online ones, Most friends that I have who gun for plats usually don't mind some online trophies but I think more than 25% Of TW's are online and very tedious.

I am talking about the any one trophy where you need 50 kills per car, why not just 10? or the missile one where you need 100 kills with each one even the sniper too. For that one it should just be 25 kills so 100 total not 500 that's alot of time. Also the all sales are final that one gets me alittle mad cause what if sony god forbid got hacked again or if psn is down more than a day and half? I know that march 1st it's going down so at midnight I have to make i win one. And finally the last complaint I have may be superficial but I don't like how a few of the cars are carbon copy's, I know that the alt's are different and maybe slight changes in stats but I'm sure there were many vehicles from TW history that could have been there so each car is Unique. Wow didn't mean to turn this into a TL;dr post lol.

Edited by fredthefred

Let me put it this way. I take extra care of my games and all the BR disks, cases and manuals are like brand new. Except for this one. I literally smashed the case with my feet in frustration after being sniped 14 seconds after the match started.

This crap is the most frustrating game i ever played on the ps3. Just a cheap excuse of making a non interesting single player last longer. This game should have been released as a PSN multiplayer like they planed from the start.

Also Nigger is not censored I can clearly hear it in the track. Or maybe I'm going deaf lol.
You're not deaf or hearing it wrong. The song is uncensored, immikeulate is just trolling because he can't get over the fact that people like me like this game even though he doesn't. He's been doing it all over this board lately, and so has MrTroll, so don't let either of them tell you otherwise. The song is quite clearly uncensored.

Let me put it this way. I take extra care of my games and all the BR disks, cases and manuals are like brand new. Except for this one. I literally smashed the case with my feet in frustration after being sniped 14 seconds after the match started.

14 seconds after it started? That's nothing to get mad over. Getting sniped at the end of a match, on the other hand... That was some bullshit. They don't even have to aim at you for the proper amount of time, and usually you don't even see the laser. You're just driving around about to kill the last guy and then all of a sudden it shows you getting shot in the head. :thumbsdown:

I guess the horrible autoaim (which Jaffe says will be fixed in a later patch) is, apart from the ridiculous connection problems, currently the biggest annoyance to me. I'm so sick of locking onto cars halfway across the map, especially when I'm right in the middle of using Talon's special.

So far it's been the stat tracking which just lies right in your face. I went into a match using almost nothing but homing missles because I close to 100, I got many kills where the last hit was a homing, I go check my stats and maybe 25% counted. I fucking hate it and it drives me up the wall, not to mention the swarmer missles are fucking useless since when you shoot them to go straight into the ground!

Bugs, Glitches, Shit being broken, I love Jaffe and the game to death but he said they tested the shit out of the game and honestly I just can't believe the shit that happens to me sometimes. My taxi for junkyard dogs special falls through the ground most of the time, stats don't work, I had 6 UNLOCK POINTS DISAPPEAR on me, I don't have Vermin and I can't get him because I ranked up and now all my new points are tier 2. I tweeted Jaffe but no reply and he makes games when I'm sleeping because we live on opposite sides of the country.

I hate the lack of variety between the vehicles or seemingly lack of though put into half of the vehicles. Darksides special works at a set distance, and even then if you have the sixaxis turbo ram it does the same damage, might as well just use the turret. Why does roadboat and roadkill look the same but roadkill is a lot weaker? Why does death warrant and kamikaze look the same but kami is faster and weaker? Why have two versions of the same car? I know everyone says that Meat Wagon looks like the car from ghost busters but to me personally it's the same shape as the Hearse for Shadow. Shadow is good but Meat Wagon is much better, but Shadow is weaker dispite the cars being the same, again. There's no reason to use roadkill over Death Warrant, DW is faster, has more armour(lolwut) and his special is the fastest recharging one in the game.

Sweet Tooth is too damn slow, why him and darkside are the same speed I don't know, he should be a bit slower then Outlaw. The sweet bot just sucks, the head throw is weak, the sweet slam never comes out I'm just mashing R1+L1 and he'll start flying and I can't stop unless I literally stop moving and float to the ground or change weapons.

Because of so many vehicles having the same special, Warthog was effected and possible future vehicles as well. Warthog in the old games had the red white and blue missles, then in Black he had a flame thrower. But since 2 characters have the flame thrower and every other character has a turret, he was given Hammerheads special, why? The game mentions a mega gun turret but it's a typo, he can use his shockwave slam and his ram slam. But if Hammerhead gets put into the game, what special is he gonna have? The same damn thing? He'll be faster but weaker so they'll be no reason to use Warthog even though you have to bust your ass playing the cheating ass single player on Twisted. Warthog has the most amount of HP out of any vehicle in the game but he's slow, his normal special exposes a weak point. Hammerhead as a boss has the exact same moves as him, but he shoots missles, so I can see Hammerhead having a missle special and a shockwave slam special, but that'll invalidate Warthogs existence...

The ranked unlocks was just a stupid idea, you get killstreaks and people you play against have vehicles you don't which DOES imbalance the game heavily. How is it fair if a max ranked guy has Juggernaut and every kill after the 2nd he gets full energy and mega guns and only gets stronger with every kill?

Single Player was good but very underwhelming. I was very happy to see each event be different from all previous TM games which were just deathmatch until you get to the credits. But Sweet tooths campaign was the only interesting one, the brothers grimm were the easiest and most fun bosses in the game, and his story [spoiler=34534]actually mattered. Iron Maiden was a chore to get through, plus Grimm is dead, so his story is done and the time travel aspect keeps Dollface alive. So you play as dollface who has the most annoying boss in the game. I loved the carnival at first but the gauntlet is cheap, just plain cheap. The last part with Talon made me rip my hair out at the bullshit of the dropped bot missing and constantly being shot off. Then she dies is the stupidest way possible, It's just a damn waste of time, and her campaign had the dual juggernauts level. Fuck that, whoever approved that needs a kick in a nuts, being cheap and difficult just for the sake of it is incredibly poor design. Then the credit scenes opens up a sequel but HEY WE KILLED TWO MAIN CHARACTERS AND DID -ABSOLUTELY- NOTHING WITH PREACHER SO YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL A SEQUEL TO PLAY AS SWEET TEETH AND (dark tooth?) SWEET TOOTHS SON!.......They should have just done it like they did with Black but with better animation and graphics, the live action was cool but when everything that wasn't sweet tooth sucked, then you just wasted your time. Since day 1 I knew having only 3 characters was a bad thing but I was not expecting to be this disappointed in it. Black style cutscenes and you could have had 17 characters with a story each and not this dollface being in axels wheels or sweet tooth on a motorcycle bullshit.

[spoiler=34543]This game is still amazing and worth every penny I bought it for on release day

Edited by Jack

@MJC

Straight Outta Compton is a awesome song, and if you have a problem just fucking turn it off. Gheesh, your complaining about a song in a game.

Ohh and motherfucker every 10 seconds? Hmm lets see...

Straight outta Compton crazy motherfucker named Ice Cube

From the gang called Niggaz With Attitudes

When I'm called off I got a sawed off

Squeeze the trigger and bodies are hauled off

You too boy if ya fuck with me

The police are gonna hafta come and get me

Off yo ass that's how I'm goin out

For the punk motherfuckers that's showin out

Niggaz start to mumble, they wanna rumble

Mix em and cook em in a pot like gumbo

Goin off on a motherfucker like that

with a gat that's pointed at yo ass

So give it up smooth

Ain't no tellin when I'm down for a jack move

Here's a murder rap to keep yo dancin

with a crime record like Charles Manson

AK-47 is the tool

Don't make me act the motherfuckin fool

Me you can go toe to toe, no maybe

I'm knockin niggaz out tha box, daily

yo weekly, monthly and yearly

until them dumb motherfuckers see clearly

that I'm down with the capital C-P-T

Boy you can't fuck with me

So when I'm in your neighborhood, you better duck

Coz Ice Cube is crazy as fuck

As I leave, believe I'm stompin

but when I come back, boy, I'm comin straight outta Compton

2nd verse...

Straight outta Compton, another crazy ass nigga

More punks I smoke, yo, my rep gets bigger

I'm a bad motherfucker and you know this

But the pussy ass niggaz don't show this

But I don't give a fuck, I'ma make my snaps

If not from the records, from jackin the crops

Just like burglary, the definition is 'jackin'

And when illegally armed it's called 'packin'

Shoot a motherfucker in a minute

I find a good piece o' pussy, I go up in it

So if you're at a show in the front row

I'm a call you a bitch or dirty-ass ho

You'll probably get mad like a bitch is supposed to

But that shows me, slut, you're composed to

a crazy muthafucker from tha street

Attitude legit cause I'm tearin up shit

MC Ren controls the automatic

For any dumb muthafucker that starts static

Not the right hand cause I'm the hand itself

every time I pull a AK off the shelf

The security is maximum and that's a law

R-E-N spells Ren but I'm raw

See, coz I'm the motherfuckin villain

The definition is clear, you're the witness of a killin

that's takin place without a clue

And once you're on the scope, your ass is through

Look, you might take it as a trip

but a nigga like Ren is on a gangsta tip

Straight outta Compton...

3rd verse...

..straight outta Compton

is a brotha that'll smother yo' mother

and make ya sister think I love her

Dangerous motherfucker raises hell

And if I ever get caught I make bail

See, I don't give a fuck, that's the problem

I see a motherfuckin cop I don't dodge him

But I'm smart, lay low, creep a while

And when I see a punk pass, I smile

To me it's kinda funny, the attitude showin a nigga drivin

but don't know where the fuck he's going, just rollin

lookin for the one they call Eazy

But here's a flash, they never seize me

Ruthless! Never seen like a shadow in the dark

except when I unload, see I'll get over the hesitation

and hear the scream of the one who got the last penetration

Give a little gust of wind and I'm jettin

But leave a memory no one'll be forgettin

So what about the bitch who got shot? Fuck her!

You think I give a damn about a bitch? I ain't a sucker!

This is the autobiography of the E, and if you ever fuck with me

You'll get taken by a stupid dope brotha who will smother

word to the motherfucker, straight outta Compton

Hmm, i just pointed out how its impossible in that song that it says MOTHERFUCKER every 10 seconds, as the song is around 4 minutes.

Yes i took my time to make this post, quicker then you ranting about a song.

this is for you :facepalm:

Edited by alexslykid

I found some Warthog players who don't deserve them in the first place. They have not however beaten the game on Twisted difficulty but have the nerve to find a friend and begged to get a save file transferred so they can boost their cheap way to victory.

:chair:

As for the online servers, the patch didn't fix anything at all except that on the day the patch was released, every room I joined launched quick and normal, then the host was AFK and was forced to leave that room and find another one. The next day, the errors came right back in. :2walls:

[spoiler=123]I have yet to get pass Mr. Grimm's 2nd Race on Twisted difficulty because there's times when I use Reaper and I try to destroy all the fast vehicles only to get rammed in by the stronger vehicles. I even tried Crimson Fury. Made it to the Deathmatch surprise only to die by a stupid freeze maneuver. As for Hard difficulty, I'm on Sweet Tooth's Carnival. 1st and 2nd parts are Cake but 3rd part made me create anger. Hard mode also restarts the Boss battles from the beginning...but it was likely avoidable from the fact that everyone possibly went to Twisted Difficulty after beating the game on Normal.

As for Tier unlocks, I have been glitched out of only 1 unlock. The eyeball skin pack cannot be obtained but I have everything else.

Hopefully, everyone is playing Twisted Metal currently getting those "1 Ranked Win in 30 Days Straight" trophy. PSN is going in maintenance this Thursday and it would suck if they didn't play the game on that day and not get their win. :mad:

I want to stove smash some of these pricks who use nothing but Talon. When I see them from room to room and remember them from other days I immediately call them out and tell them I'd like to cunt punt their daughter or sister. Only a moron doesn't know how to succeed with Talon. His shields always regenerate, takes no skill. Shouldn't have to constanltly be looking up for these pricks when I'm playing a ground based vehicle combat game. Ranked rooms needs the option to restrict certain vehicles, if the car you want is restricted, go leave the room. I've already seen rooms named NOTALON, ppl are already sick of it. At first, I didn't give a shit about this cause I'd destroy all the noobs who took Talon but you enter a room and see a dude with a 95 or higher skill rating with Talon, just back out, he's going to go 15-0 everytime.

I want to stove smash some of these pricks who use nothing but Talon. When I see them from room to room and remember them from other days I immediately call them out and tell them I'd like to cunt punt their daughter or sister. Only a moron doesn't know how to succeed with Talon. His shields always regenerate, takes no skill. Shouldn't have to constanltly be looking up for these pricks when I'm playing a ground based vehicle combat game. Ranked rooms needs the option to restrict certain vehicles, if the car you want is restricted, go leave the room. I've already seen rooms named NOTALON, ppl are already sick of it. At first, I didn't give a shit about this cause I'd destroy all the noobs who took Talon but you enter a room and see a dude with a 95 or higher skill rating with Talon, just back out, he's going to go 15-0 everytime.

Oh man, when i went to get my 50 kills with talon, i was amazed at how cheap and easy it was to get kills with him. After every match i felt really really bad because i was going 15, 17-0. But hey it had to be done!

If talons in the air though, they become my primary target, people are dumb when using him and dont really run they just sit there and take it.

I agree ranked rooms need restrictions on vehicles because fighting a team with 2 or 3 talons is judt stupid. What else really chaps my ass is when its a small match like 3v3 and someone uses the juggernaut, it just slows things way down and gives the other team a huge advantage. They almost always go ahead in score, then the player will switch once they have the lead...

Ouch, reading this thread is kinda painful. I'm fairly enjoying this game but I guess I'm a little more patient than most? Or maybe I'm just used to the awful UC2/UC3 matchmaking and don't find TM's to be so bad/unusual. They are working on it and I'm sure it will be fixed. I don't remember a single online game on the PS3 that didn't have problems when it first came out. It's the PSN... we get what we pay for and as you know, it's free.

I do, however, have one major issue to bitch about:

Fucking Talons! It is almost impossible to aim up in this game! Not only does it take a long time but you also need to stop moving which makes you an easy target for everything! Yeah, they are weak but unless they totally suck you can't really touch them. They can fly(camp) above a building and if you freeze them they'll land on it's roof and good luck getting up there in 5 seconds. Catch one in the open? They'll quickly shield up and run away to easily pick up health. And don't even get me started how OP they are in Nuke. They can take out a nuke missile in seconds. Good luck hitting the statue with a Talon flying around on LA Skyline or Diablo's Pass.

[Oh, and there are waaaaay too many Axels! And they lag and skip frames the most!]

The people who Talon all the time even know he's cheap. You have to wait til there's about 5-10 seconds left on the countdown to switch to him because if you enter the room as Talon, 3-4 will back out everytime. As far as nuke, he'll take out the nuke everytime unless you can freeze him and keep him out of the way for 10-15 seconds. It all comes down to if the person who's using him has a clue or not. If they see a freeze coming at him on the mini map, they'll just shield.

*snip*
Wow dude.

Exaggeration means the describing of something and making it more than it really is. The verb is to exaggerate.

An example of exaggeration would be: “I was walking along when suddenly this enormous dog walked along. It was as big as an elephant”. The dog may have been big, but it was certainly not as big as that. Another example of exaggeration would be: “I caught a fish as big as my house.”

As you pointed out, he still says mother fucker an awful lot. He says it too many times. The song sounds like it was written by a 12 year old who thinks swearing is edgy and cool, so he has to use as many swear words (and racial slurs) as possible to make the song edgy and cool. It's still terrible, BTW. I'd rather listen to anything by Justin Beiber than it.

Yes I took the time to make this post, quicker than you bolding a bunch of lyrics. This is for you:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs384.snc3/23477_386704216632_286726696632_3826026_4345706_n.jpg

1. I hate the fact the only way I could beat Iron Maiden is by her head glitching. Challenging games are enjoyable but that fight was beyond frustrating.

2. The soundtrack is lackluster. I have listened to NWA since I was a kid but it does seem out of place. Anyone think "The Last Race "by Jack Nitzesche (Theme from Deathproof) would have been perfect?

3. Awful servers, 'nuff said.

4. Nowhere as bleak as TW BLack.

5. Long drawn out online trophies

2. The soundtrack is lackluster. I have listened to NWA since I was a kid but it does seem out of place. Anyone think "The Last Race "by Jack Nitzesche (Theme from Deathproof) would have been perfect?
Well, I don't see how it could be any less fitting than "Straight Motherfucking Out of Motherfucking Compton Nigger". :p I don't see how ANYTHING could be less fitting than that. It feels like that song was included so that if people want to do a "Twisted Metal Gameplay With Unfitting Music" video for YouTube, they don't have to do any editing. Just restart a level until you get Compton and press record for an instant "Unfitting Music" video. Edited by mjc0961

I'm just bustin Jigga's balls by the way, I'd have no problem with it. Straight Out Of Compton though? Has no place in the game. I seriously loathe today's rap music but I like the rap stuff from when I was younger like NWA and such so I like the song, still has no place in the game. I enjoy the rest of the soundtrack though, especially the main theme. I'd love to learn the ice cream keyboard part in that part of the song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ3sxWm_tro]Twisted Metal 1 - Rooftop Battle - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKjcGF60hNU]Twisted Metal 2 Soundtrack - Paris - YouTube[/ame]

You know what's great about owning the original discs for those games? Put them in any music player and you can listen to the tunes. And you can rip them if the device supports it. Like, say, the PS3. Pop those discs in, rip the tunes, play them in TM2012. :D

First two GTA's too. I remember when I found that out I thought it was the coolest shit ever.

Bitch bitch bitch. Did it ever occur to you that using Talon is fun and that's why people do it? Not to mention using Talon makes getting kills with missiles easier (for the 100 kills with each missile trophy). Hey, I don't like how fast Crimson Fury is, or how hard it is to take down Darkside because of his armor. Maybe we should just force everyone in every game to exclusively use some crappy, slow car like Vermin so that nobody can complain how "cheap" someone else's vehicle/strategy is.

I guess the horrible autoaim (which Jaffe says will be fixed in a later patch) is, apart from the ridiculous connection problems, currently the biggest annoyance to me. I'm so sick of locking onto cars halfway across the map, especially when I'm right in the middle of using Talon's special.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Here I am in one on one battle with a car then some car drives but the top left edge of my screen and all of a sudden I'm locked on him.

I want to stove smash some of these pricks who use nothing but Talon. When I see them from room to room and remember them from other days I immediately call them out and tell them I'd like to cunt punt their daughter or sister.

The people who Talon all the time even know he's cheap. You have to wait til there's about 5-10 seconds left on the countdown to switch to him

Haha that would be me these days. For some reason I'm always put on the team that's short a player or two and my team's skill level averages 30 so I use Talon to even the odds. He is so OP'd. I used him for all my nuke wins and I currently use him once a day but that's not too much right?

Plus we switch to him late because he's restricted and cant pick him until the room has been locked.

As you pointed out, he still says mother fucker an awful lot. He says it too many times. The song sounds like it was written by a 12 year old who thinks swearing is edgy and cool, so he has to use as many swear words (and racial slurs) as possible to make the song edgy and cool. It's still terrible, BTW. I'd rather listen to anything by Justin Beiber than it.

Well Ice cube was like 17 (over 20 years ago) when he wrote the song and made and is still making millions off of it so he wins. And I'm not surprised you'd listen to tween pop over that. I'm pretty sure that's what you listen daily anyway.

Anyway I know it comes off like I hate this game (And I kinda do now) but I loved it when I 1st started playing it. But all the games problems just kept beating me down until I couldn't stand it anymore.

Edited by M-Easy