Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Rawra

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Twisted Metal. This thread has been created to discuss anything Twisted Metal related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.

Because it has to be staff created. If we allowed regular users post them, then user created story discussion threads would start popping up all over the place. ;)

And whats wrong with that? :p

Regardless, I'm really interested to see where the Sweet Tooth son / daughter story will go (if anywhere)

I think Preacher will play a prodminant role somewhere down the line too, considering his inclusion in the cutscenes and even as a character skin. Maybe as DLC?

Continuality has never really been big with Twisted Metal, but this is Sony's franchise reboot. That being said, I could see lots of potential story lines opening up from just the characters we've seen. It seems safe to say Doll Face is dead, but they could always claim she survived the accident and returns as a more disfigured version of herself. Mr. Grimm might've died, but he was killed by his childhood self, opening up a twist in the timeline for the child to become another more violent Mr. Grimm or another character (such as Axel or Outlaw's driver). Sweet Tooth on the other hand, most definitely died, but his youngest son took up the mantel of Sweet Tooth.

Concerning the two epilogues (Sophie and her brother), it seems safe to say that any storyline involving Sweet Tooth would pick up right where the last one left off (with some twists). If Sweet Tooth were to learn of Sophie's existence, even if it isn't the original Marcus Kane, I'd assume he want to finish his father's mission. If that wasn't the case, then Sophie would be back from the dead and want revenge on her father, who she might mistake her brother for now that he is wearing the mask. After all, she had no idea he was still alive or that Calypso killed off her father. Either way, it'd be mildly exciting if they were to open up these story lines through potential DLC or future installments of the Twisted Metal franchise.

Edited by ShackledDreams

Sweet Tooth vs. Sweet Thing (that's what I'm calling her at least), you gotta love it.

FWIW, Krista Sparks does continue her own narration after the runway scene. I think one whole line though. Maybe she was left barely alive. The talk-radio host and his caller never seemed to mention her ultimate fate, they only talked about how she ended up there, not whether or not she died.

Grim...well, what can you say? Calypso seems to have engineered an unending cycle for him. He could always be brought back into the story.

Anyone else notice that this game must be set in the future?

The date on Sophie Kane's grave says 2012, but calypso says she has been dead 'all these years' meaning the game must be set somewhere around 2020 or further. Probably further judging by the decomposition of the body!

Also, could Marcus Kane's son somehow become Needles Kane?

I dont understand how sweet tooth clearly gets stabbed in HIS right eye, but the masks left eye is the one thats covered up. Also, the covered eye switches around between both eyes throughout the course of the cinematics and even the menu screen.

I asked Jaffe about it on twitter and he actually responded saying if i watch the mid cinematics, ill see the mask has 2 slits which he can see out of... :confused: those are the exact cinematics that switch the eye around.

He said its not a continuity error but poor communication... :confused:

I asked Jaffe about it on twitter and he actually responded saying if i watch the mid cinematics, ill see the mask has 2 slits which he can see out of... :confused: those are the exact cinematics that switch the eye around.

Heh, yeah. This was just generally bad directing, it would seem. I would have accepted that the stabbed eye was simply bloodshot because of the stabbing, as Sweet Tooth is one touch clown, but then I noticed the one eye is covered and the other is bloodshot even before the stabbing. :facepalm:

Either way, still enjoyed the way they handled the cinematics in this one. Definitely brought in a little variety and set the tone for the game from the beginning. :D

Heh, yeah. This was just generally bad directing, it would seem. I would have accepted that the stabbed eye was simply bloodshot because of the stabbing, as Sweet Tooth is one touch clown, but then I noticed the one eye is covered and the other is bloodshot even before the stabbing. :facepalm:

Either way, still enjoyed the way they handled the cinematics in this one. Definitely brought in a little variety and set the tone for the game from the beginning. :D

Yea i enjoyed the way they put everything together, the sweet tooth thing didnt bother me, i just wanted to know what was up :p there was a bit of shock value for me when i first played it and saw some of the cinematics and how dark and brutal they were. Lets hope the movie isnt made PG-13 :)

There's nothing wrong with the cutscenes.

Here's the mask before the stabbing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/mjc0961/IMG_1127.jpg

As you can see, both eyes are covered. Well, you can't really see the right eye at all due to the shadows, but obviously it's covered as it's covered for the entire game. Then he gets stabbed in the left eye, which is why there's a hole in the mask there. You can even see the wood chips flying out of the mask when Sweet Tooth pulls the scissors out.

What I don't get is why they show a bunch of blood shooting out when she first stabs him.

There's nothing wrong with the cutscenes.

As you can see, both eyes are covered. Well, you can't really see the right eye at all due to the shadows, but obviously it's covered as it's covered for the entire game. Then he gets stabbed in the left eye, which is why there's a hole in the mask there. You can even see the wood chips flying out of the mask when Sweet Tooth pulls the scissors out.

What I don't get is why they show a bunch of blood shooting out when she first stabs him.

I think there is a scene in there, right after the girl's reflection and before the stabbing, that they show the left eye. It's interesting to see both eyes covered outside though. I had completely missed that somehow. Either way, I'd have to agree with not understanding the blood shooting out, especially if they intended to make it seem as if only the mask was damaged.

Edit: I stand corrected. I ended up rewatching the intro and upon looking a little closer, I saw the slits in that scene too. Weird. :D

Edited by ShackledDreams

Perhaps I'm off base in saying this since there isn't really any basis for the assumption, but I was under the impression that the visible eye (where his mask was broken by the scissors) was a glass eye. It's not bloodshot, just the iris is red (can see the white at times and it's not bloodshot at all) and Marcus Kane's eyes were definitely not naturally red from the few shots they had of him before becoming Sweet Tooth. The fact that the eye looks undamaged and is a different color despite being very visibly stabbed in it leads me to believe that he got a glass eye.

Anyone else notice that this game must be set in the future?

The date on Sophie Kane's grave says 2012, but calypso says she has been dead 'all these years' meaning the game must be set somewhere around 2020 or further. Probably further judging by the decomposition of the body!

Also, could Marcus Kane's son somehow become Needles Kane?

and on that...she looked mid twenties when she left the asylum and shot herself, but on her grave she aparently died when she was only 16?...

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't much like the story's missions but the cut scenes were great. I'd almost forgotten what a sadistic son of a bitch Calypso was with his wish manipulating ways.

I'm a little annoyed you can only play as certain people. I much preffered having a whole cast of sick and twisted people to play as inside their own vehicles, not just a handful who share.

Not played much of the MP but from what I have it's damn fun.

Being fairly new to this game series there's a few things I don't really understand. For example, why is Sweet Tooth's head on fire? Also I was a bit caught off guard by the fact that he died when he got buried alive, after killing everyone in the hospital with a large knife I had assumed he was somehow immortal. Furthermore if Sophie was such a valuable asset to Calypso with all her anger and whatnot, why wait for over 10 years to put her to use? That's all I can think of at the moment, would appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this.

P.S. Food for thought: When the younger Grimm kills his older version, is that considered murder or suicide?

• 3 weeks later...
David Jaffe briefly posted an alternate ending to Twisted Metal on Youtube before having to take it down for copyright reasons. Does anyone know where else this is available online? I'd love to see it :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3dcocUQgjg&feature=results_video&lr=1&ob=0]THE ORIGINAL ENDING - YouTube[/ame]

He re-uploaded the endings without all the copyright material. It`s not complete since it was early in post production, but it`s pretty cool anyways. It comes with a Dollface ending and a monologue from Calypso.

• 2 weeks later...

This ending is amazing, though I would love to see the others. Whether he will ever upload them or not is the question, though :think: I would love to see more of Preacher. I always play as him online (in non-team matches) since very few people bother to select him.

Why does Twisted Metal include the fourth faction anyway? Preacher doesn't actually enter the competition and it's not like a fourth faction is "needed" in the game (e.g. 4-team Nuke).

• 10 months later...