The Iron Maiden

N Tail

Been trying for just over an hour to beat this bitch now and no matter what car I use or what weapons I have she always fucking kills me. Sacrificing twice is fine, then bringing her down to the end of the bridge is alright, but once she's at the end of thta bridge she just does me in. Nothing I do seems to work, what am I doing wrong? Am I meant to be going for her (what im doing) or destroying those little heads? Plus how can I even get near to her, she sends me miles off the bridge with those stupid floor smash things.

All of my rage :2walls:

Been trying for just over an hour to beat this bitch now and no matter what car I use or what weapons I have she always fucking kills me. Sacrificing twice is fine, then bringing her down to the end of the bridge is alright, but once she's at the end of thta bridge she just does me in. Nothing I do seems to work, what am I doing wrong? Am I meant to be going for her (what im doing) or destroying those little heads? Plus how can I even get near to her, she sends me miles off the bridge with those stupid floor smash things.

All of my rage :2walls:

LOTS of run-and-gunning... I used Vermin, too. His alt special is great because you can control it in mid-air.

Only got silver myself though, so I'll need to go back :- (

Fucking bitch had me raging for about an hour today aswell mate.

Here's what I done, which only got me silver, but got me past the fucking mission.

Using death warrant, with the miniguns side arm, just lay into her, literally spam the machine guns, both normal and special to wear down her health.

Drive towards her too.

When she does that stupid floor slap attack, drive towards her and jump over the shock wave.

You can take a fair amount of beating in death warrant, assuming you start this part of the battle with most of your health.

Once you kill it, and you will, drive straight ahead and grab the health, then do the exact same thing when the trippy floating head appears!

It can be a pain, Death Warrant's special sometimes auto-locks onto the shit that the maiden throws at you, but it's fine, the damage will still be done by spamming the side-arm and it'll prevent a little damage from happening to you.

I hope this helps mate

I feel your rage

There is another post on the same topic here and a detailed working method (for Twisted Gold) in the submitted guide, but your best bet is Reaper. Simply grab the motorcycle and take down all the enemy cars (one hit kills with chainsaw) and hit Iron Maiden with the nuke (much faster sacrifice time). Then, while driving around (hitting her with the flaming chainsaw or waiting for the special), pick up as many mega ammos and power missiles as you can. You want to save all non-Special ammo for the bridge fight. It should take roughly 5 flaming chainsaws to bring her to the bridge, then unload all ammo both (:l2: and :r2:) on her til the flying head sequence starts. That last one should only take a few shots (2-3 maybe). To lit up the chainsaw you simply press back on :l3: while driving forward.

There are 3 mega guns in the level. One by the starting area (in the back where the red car drives first) and two on the other end of the map (one on either side of the bridge). There are also at least 2 power missiles, these can be found on the hidden path ways off the main road (one around the first bend from where the first red car comes from and another hidden in a cave in the middle of the map). If you grab the power missiles while taking down the first car, they should respawn for the second sequence (giving you 4) and then respawn again for other sequences. You want to save these weapons for the bridge sequence because flying heads and pounding makes it impossible lock on or lit up the chainsaw; however, she isn't moving, making her the perfect target for weapons that deal heavy damage without homing capabilities.

Edited by ShackledDreams

There is another post on the same topic here

Thats this post bud :p

as for using reaper, not a chance. Im not good enough with him, i always miss the flaming chainsaws and his lack of armour just punishes me. i'll just keep trying -__-

Fucking bitch had me raging for about an hour today aswell mate.

Here's what I done, which only got me silver, but got me past the fucking mission.

At least I know its not just me having problems then. Yeah I used Death Warrant before and got SO close it hurt to be killed by getting flung off the bridge. I'll give him another go when i've cooled off.

Edited by N Tail

as for using reaper, not a chance. Im not good enough with him, i always miss the flaming chainsaws and his lack of armour just punishes me. i'll just keep trying -__-

I had the same issues with Reaper

No armour, and bounces around at the slightest touch.

I just got controller snapping anger trying to use that bike!

Hope you get it cleared mate

Good luck

I had the same issues with Reaper

No armour, and bounces around at the slightest touch.

I just got controller snapping anger trying to use that bike!

Hope you get it cleared mate

Good luck

Cheers buddy, grats on getting your kill!

Might just jib it off soon and play online instead..

At least I know its not just me having problems then. Yeah I used Death Warrant before and got SO close it hurt to be killed by getting flung off the bridge. I'll give him another go when i've cooled off.

Heh, sorry about the link problem. Edited it just now and GoHawks469 posted the other link as well. Sorry to hear Reaper didn't work out for you. If you use the same method (saving the power missiles), it should work on the bridge there too, but I can't guarantee the gold medal using another vehicle (my first time beating her was with Vermin, but at 11:45).

Edit:Another option for beating it faster (how I got the 11:45) is using a remote bomb (cooked) on that first convoy of cars. If you're lucky, you can hit all 4 for 75 damage. You'll find one behind that power missile around the first bend.

Edited by ShackledDreams

Before you feel the rage again, I thought I'd post this link (hopefully I didn't just copy this threads URL again). Both methods should work for Twisted Gold (making it a lot easier). :D

Hehe cheers mate, I was having a look at this before :) Managed to get both juggernauts down using the helicopter but then just got gunned down :p Gonna take a bit of practice using the Talon me thinks :think:

Actually, there are 5. Two on each side of the bridge, and the one near the start.

You sure?

- One near the start of the level (by the wall the cars spawn by)

- Front of the bridge, left side

- Front of the bridge, right side (right by the one on left side)

- Back of the bridge

Where's the 5th?

Edited by GoHawks496

You sure?

- One near the start of the level (by the wall the cars spawn by)

- Front of the bridge, left side

- Front of the bridge, right side (right by the one on left side)

- Back of the bridge

Where's the 5th?

Oh, now that I think about it. You're right. Always forget about the other one on the bride side closest to spawn.

• 2 months later...

What other vehicles are good for using in the Iron Maiden battle?

I'm not a fan of using reaper, bit floaty for me. Tried Sweet Tooth, got to the 4th phase as I wasn't fast enough to stay inside the barriers. So picked a fast car. Seems one 1 minute she's near when I launch a nuke the next one she's a mile away so the nuke never reaches.

I'm checking the guide again. A friend recommended shadow but I don't have that car unlocked yet :( I'll keep at it.

Edited by LittleBigDes

A friend recommended shadow but I don't have that car unlocked yet :( I'll keep at it.

Are you playing on Twisted? I do not recommend this to be your first play through difficulty, especially when you get to the mean Juggernauts. Maybe start another game on the easiest mode and play until you get Shadow, because that`s who I used and he did wonders. I heard Death Warrant is great. He is pretty fast and durable. He also has an okay special. If not, just keep experimenting.

Are you playing on Twisted? I do not recommend this to be your first play through difficulty, especially when you get to the mean Juggernauts. Maybe start another game on the easiest mode and play until you get Shadow, because that`s who I used and he did wonders. I heard Death Warrant is great. He is pretty fast and durable. He also has an okay special. If not, just keep experimenting.

I'm on normal difficulty and finding it hard. Gave up and went online instead. Don't even get me started with the online waiting around, joining 90% of game rooms that get error messages, takes a me a good 30-40mins to actually play something online.

I didn't think about trying it out on easy as I never play games on easy. I'll give Death Warrant a go. Thanks.

If you know how to use Sweet Tooth very well I recommend it. He is highly useful because of the flying, just gather up a lot of ammo before starting the real fight. Good Luck :D

I got quite far with Sweet tooth but find him a bit slow when you have to keep up with the 'cage' or those barriers that move. When I've had enough of online mulitplayer I'll get back to it.

• 8 months later...

I have the same problem,i tried everything i can think of.you would think they would have god mode on something this difficult.i can't get pass the cage part X0 well,ill try it one more time.hopefully I won't break the disc out of anger.

Sweet tooth got me to the cage part but after that....death.

Edited by toxicpunkette