David Jaffe Thinks Sony Doesn't like his game

CreativeRhino

Why are sony being like this thinking is it something that they should promote along with Uncharted 3 of course it is. Its looking fantastic, longest running PS Franchise and its gonna be one of the best of 2011.

And he seems to think that Sony think the same when he says

There are guys (In Sony) who get it, but there are just as many other people who go ‘I don’t really get it – is this something we really want to be promoting at the same level as say, Uncharted 3?

But while that’s understandable what does surprise me is that they haven’t even been approached about making a PS Vita version of the game which leads me to believe that Sony doesn’t think it’s going to be big enough to justify the costs involved.

As to where it is on the Vita, probably if it’s a big hit we’re going to do it,

Nobody has talked to us, so it’s not like ‘I can’t talk about that’ – that’s usually what you say when it’s in development. Nobody has talked to us

Since it was the crowning moment at Sony’s press conference last year you would have thought it was really high on Sony’s list but apparently it’s been dropping over the last year and now it’s being left to it’s own devices.

Source: David Jaffe doesn’t think Sony likes his game | Lazygamer .:: Console and PC Gaming News ::. | PS3

This is very unprofessional by sony i think :(

Although it may look good, I dont think this is a game that Sony would choose to promote along side Uncharted 3. This is just my personal preference but if I was on Xbox Twisted Metal would NOT be that kind of series I would be wishing for to be on my console, Uncharted 3 would be. It doesnt really come down to favouring but it does come down to whats going to sell more.

• 2 weeks later...

Sony's just trying to act like a business (which is obviously something the gaming industry needs more of). Twisted Metal has been around for awhile, and the last time they actually made a game specifically for a console was in 2001 with Twisted Metal: Black. (The PS2 remake of Twisted Metal: Head-On was in 2008, however it was a PSP port and wasn't really a new game).

Uncharted however, is a fucking juggernaut right now. It's going to make Sony a ridiculous amount of money because everyone has their attention on it, while Twisted Metal seemed to have fallen off the radar. I personally have more interest in Twisted Metal coming to PS3 then the third Uncharted game, but I fear it's not going to sell well because it's not really getting the promotion it deserves. The game looks as fun as ever.

Edited by Cornagandarub

I have so much respect for Jaffe!

He is the only person in this industry who is willing to speak his mind no matter the subject.

As for Twisted Metal, he is taking a risk with it but man that game is so what we need right now, to break away from all this Modern FPS titles.

TM look's to be so much fun it's killing me for the October Wait.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

The first uncharted was great. The second was so-so (mostly rehashed from the first with a lot of filler levels) the third was crap as it was a almost a carbon copy of the second. But this twisted metal is by far the WORST ever made. I have been with it from the beginning (the sole reason I got my PS one) and have every game they made. So much wrong with this one it would take an hour to write about it. Extremely disappointed with it.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...