ME=1337 (my way)

plisken1979

ok, so this is a Trophy that can be a pain.

so, i'm gonna tell ya a (sort of) way to make things a little easier.

first off have 2 of your own pads in the game.

that way you can make player 2 lose and you (player 2) gets to choose the catergory(s) that you feel you know most of the answers too.

for me i went for the most easy catergories, Movies, Music, Entertainment & General Knowledge.

plus it's easier to find answers for those catergories on google, wikipedia.com, answers.com & imdb.com (a must for any movie question)

it was still a pain to do even the way i have said.

of course there will be rounds were you have to answer random questions from random catergories.

so good luck to all of you still trying to earn this horrible trophy

but for me, i deserve a big :applause:

thank you... haha

Edited by plisken1979

I'm having better luck relying on at least 2 of the 3 AI opponents to select the right answer when I don't have a clue (on King difficulty).

Without looking up any answers on the Internet, I'm usually only getting 2-3 incorrect in the 9 rounds. Now if I would just stop seconding guessing the AI on the ones I get wrong and take the time to look up the ones where the AI is split three ways, I'll finally get this trophy. :think:

Well, the problem with this is that it will only help you on three or four rounds, and you can't really repeat categories (if we could, I'd just spam Scholar).

But it's something to think about anyways. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

yeah i know, but help on 3 or 4 rounds is better than nothing.

i'm terrible at sports :mad: and scholar :( so i suppose it depends on which subject you know the most about.

I'm having better luck relying on at least 2 of the 3 AI opponents to select the right answer when I don't have a clue (on King difficulty).

Without looking up any answers on the Internet, I'm usually only getting 2-3 incorrect in the 9 rounds. Now if I would just stop seconding guessing the AI on the ones I get wrong and take the time to look up the ones where the AI is split three ways, I'll finally get this trophy. :think:

it really is a terrible trophy and i'm with you on the second guessing bit as that's where i kept getting screwed.

like i said on my original post, this can only help you slightly with the trophy. a bit of luck goes a long, long, long, long, (i'll stop now :rolleyes:) long way... haha

I tried for this a few weeks ago and it didn't pop for me, i was sure i got every question right and was well pissed when i didn't get it :mad:

it worked fine for me bud, two other people on my friends list tried it also & got the trophy with no problems

so i'm unsure of why it the trophy didn't pop for ya.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally did this legit (no internet) the other night playing for fun on Genius difficulty, although to be honest, I got tired of missing this trophy by 2-3 answers that I did use the Internet to get the trophy out of the way two weeks prior.

The time that the trophy did pop for me on King difficulty, I actually didn't make it to the final round (thanks to an unlucky last spin--for me--by the AI). I was so bummed until the trophy popped after the match.

I'm telling you, go with the higher difficulties, particularly Genius. The questions are the same, but the AI is quicker and correct more often especially, as I found, on Genius. And since it doesn't matter whether you make it into the final round to get the trophy (as confirmed by others in another thread), you don't need to worry about your point total by being the last one to select the answer.

• 1 month later...
I finally did this legit (no internet) the other night playing for fun on Genius difficulty, although to be honest, I got tired of missing this trophy by 2-3 answers that I did use the Internet to get the trophy out of the way two weeks prior.

The time that the trophy did pop for me on King difficulty, I actually didn't make it to the final round (thanks to an unlucky last spin--for me--by the AI). I was so bummed until the trophy popped after the match.

I'm telling you, go with the higher difficulties, particularly Genius. The questions are the same, but the AI is quicker and correct more often especially, as I found, on Genius. And since it doesn't matter whether you make it into the final round to get the trophy (as confirmed by others in another thread), you don't need to worry about your point total by being the last one to select the answer.

Honestly I cant see how you did this, I thought I'd try this while watching some anime on my computer and just following the AI's answers. 2 Hours later I think i had made it to round 3 once and most of the time didnt even get past round 1...

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

it's been awhile since i came on this post, but a few new friends have stated there having similar problems with this trophy (still)

all i can say is my original method worked well for me, i had 2 pads in the game. made my 2nd controller lose all the time so he had no money and always got to choose the catergory.

again some of the questions are random and give you cat's that i (and most) have no clue about. so some of it is down to luck. some of the answers in the game are wrong and i'm afraid you just have to try and remember what the answer is the 2nd time around.

a mention of the CPU choosing a right question in the face-off making it a fail for the trophy? i would have to say yes on that one, as the trophy states you need to get every question right. and when i did i answered every question in the face off correctly and never let the CPU get in there 1st.

i spent a lot of time just trying to get the damn trophy with my method (internet really helped) so that's why it's still so fresh in my memory.

hope this helps.

edit: just popped into my head, as it might make a difference. when i was using my second controller. he never answered one question, NOT ONE. the pad was stationary all the time (apart from choosing a catergory of course), including a "no" to not spinning the wheel.

Edited by plisken1979

• 3 weeks later...
Done at very first try this way:

1) One player only (3 cpu on easy)

2) Read, pause, google, submit as the last to give answer (earning this way a small ammount of $$$, being 4th all the time)

3) Done with 9 rounds and being 4/4 just watch the final and earn trophy

that's all well and good, but some answers are actually wrong, even when you google it. and getting answers for random questions, in say the scholar catergory is really hard to find via google. so to be honest i think you got lucky, cos the damn wheel can screw you sometimes aswell. not a bad idea being 4th all the time, but isn't that risky? especially as you gotta make sure you reach the final.

that's all well and good, but some answers are actually wrong, even when you google it. and getting answers for random questions, in say the scholar catergory is really hard to find via google. so to be honest i think you got lucky, cos the damn wheel can screw you sometimes aswell. not a bad idea being 4th all the time, but isn't that risky? especially as you gotta make sure you reach the final.

Some question are trickier than others, sure, but with just some time (pause will bring you all time you need) and having a good look at 4 options you have (doable even with scratch/light mode, time will be enough) you can find everything. I played enough to get all trophies but one and I've not seen a question google can't takes care of: if there are some wrong answers so I was lucky, but even failing this way wouldn't be fault of the followed way (1 pad or 2 pads, for example).

You can get the trophy even if you don't reach the final, just skip the final and wait for it to pop; that's why is good to be the last, you will save yourself 5 more questions.

Edited by GaF

You can get the trophy even if you don't reach the final, just skip the final and wait for it to pop; that's why is good to be the last, you will save yourself 5 more questions.

Can someone confirm this? Cause I've been trying to get this trophy for quite some tries now.

Can someone confirm this? Cause I've been trying to get this trophy for quite some tries now.

This:

I got trophy this way too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
it was still a pain to do even the way i have said.

Even after all pre-cautions are taken, you can even get screwed by the internet. For example, I got to Round 9 with all question correct, and the following comes up: How tall is Hayden Christensen? I googled the question, and the top three options that came up all said 6'0". However, after entering this answer, I find out that the game thinks his height is 6'1"! DAMMIT!

As well, I found I was frequently getting screwed by the sports category with questions too obscure to look up on google (type in the exact question, and hit no results).

It was of some help having the answer thread from PS3T, but that thing isn't even close to complete. It only has 20-30% of the questions. Not that anybody owes the site enough to track down a complete list, but it isn't enough to get this trophy.

Anyway... finally got it, and it is far tougher than the guide would imply. I would rate this trophy alone as at least a 6 for aggravation.

Answered every question right using the King difficulty method. Didn't pop before the final round.

The problem is that if you make it to the Final Round, you are still expected to finish it perfectly. If you don't qualify, they can't hold it against you, so you get the trophy without participating in the Final Round. It really is best to keep your score low by answering last, and thus avoiding the pitfall of the CPU beating you to the right answer in the Final Round (which counts as being wrong, even if you don't answer).

Edited by MrMinderbinder