XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 07-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #11
Conceptfly

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I've had a few questions that didn't even have the correct answer as one of the options... anyone else run into this?
Conceptfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #12
plisken1979

it's been awhile since i came on this post, but a few new friends have stated there having similar problems with this trophy (still)

all i can say is my original method worked well for me, i had 2 pads in the game. made my 2nd controller lose all the time so he had no money and always got to choose the catergory.

again some of the questions are random and give you cat's that i (and most) have no clue about. so some of it is down to luck. some of the answers in the game are wrong and i'm afraid you just have to try and remember what the answer is the 2nd time around.

a mention of the CPU choosing a right question in the face-off making it a fail for the trophy? i would have to say yes on that one, as the trophy states you need to get every question right. and when i did i answered every question in the face off correctly and never let the CPU get in there 1st.

i spent a lot of time just trying to get the damn trophy with my method (internet really helped) so that's why it's still so fresh in my memory.

hope this helps.

edit: just popped into my head, as it might make a difference. when i was using my second controller. he never answered one question, NOT ONE. the pad was stationary all the time (apart from choosing a catergory of course), including a "no" to not spinning the wheel.

please leave a message in your friend request as blank requests will be ignored

Latest Alice: Madness Returns

Latest Game @100% Renegade Ops

Last edited by plisken1979; 02-03-2012 at 03:18 AM.
plisken1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #13
GaF

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronzer Than Nothing
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Done at very first try this way:

1) One player only (3 cpu on easy)
2) Read, pause, google, submit as the last to give answer (earning this way a small ammount of $$$, being 4th all the time)
3) Done with 9 rounds and being 4/4 just watch the final and earn trophy

| Top 5 in 7 Maximum Clubs |

My time zone: GMT +2 (UTC +1)

While motivated requests will be examined blank ones will be immediately deleted.

GaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:42 AM   #14
plisken1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaF View Post
Done at very first try this way:

1) One player only (3 cpu on easy)
2) Read, pause, google, submit as the last to give answer (earning this way a small ammount of $$$, being 4th all the time)
3) Done with 9 rounds and being 4/4 just watch the final and earn trophy
that's all well and good, but some answers are actually wrong, even when you google it. and getting answers for random questions, in say the scholar catergory is really hard to find via google. so to be honest i think you got lucky, cos the damn wheel can screw you sometimes aswell. not a bad idea being 4th all the time, but isn't that risky? especially as you gotta make sure you reach the final.

please leave a message in your friend request as blank requests will be ignored

Latest Alice: Madness Returns

Latest Game @100% Renegade Ops
plisken1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #15
GaF

Quote:
Originally Posted by plisken1979 View Post
that's all well and good, but some answers are actually wrong, even when you google it. and getting answers for random questions, in say the scholar catergory is really hard to find via google. so to be honest i think you got lucky, cos the damn wheel can screw you sometimes aswell. not a bad idea being 4th all the time, but isn't that risky? especially as you gotta make sure you reach the final.
Some question are trickier than others, sure, but with just some time (pause will bring you all time you need) and having a good look at 4 options you have (doable even with scratch/light mode, time will be enough) you can find everything. I played enough to get all trophies but one and I've not seen a question google can't takes care of: if there are some wrong answers so I was lucky, but even failing this way wouldn't be fault of the followed way (1 pad or 2 pads, for example).

You can get the trophy even if you don't reach the final, just skip the final and wait for it to pop; that's why is good to be the last, you will save yourself 5 more questions.

While motivated requests will be examined blank ones will be immediately deleted.

Last edited by GaF; 02-25-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:01 AM   #16
MichellK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaF View Post
You can get the trophy even if you don't reach the final, just skip the final and wait for it to pop; that's why is good to be the last, you will save yourself 5 more questions.
Can someone confirm this? Cause I've been trying to get this trophy for quite some tries now.

MichellK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
GaF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichellK View Post
Can someone confirm this? Cause I've been trying to get this trophy for quite some tries now.
This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satnamji View Post
The time that the trophy did pop for me on King difficulty, I actually didn't make it to the final round (thanks to an unlucky last spin--for me--by the AI). I was so bummed until the trophy popped after the match.
I got trophy this way too.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #18
JimmeC

Answered every question right using the King difficulty method. Didn't pop before the final round.

In face off answered everything right but my opponent answered 1 question before I did.

Trophy did not pop.

Very annoyed.
JimmeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #19
Tiberius

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Not bad, sounds like a cool method.