Penny Pincher - only P1?

ratsinthehallway

If what you said is true (about the autosave) then only P1 counts. Every trophy that requires something to be done over multiple occasions (for example, Bait and Switch) autosave every time you do it, until you get the trophy.

After all, the game has to store that count somewhere: if it isn't saving, it isn't storing it.

• 4 years later...

I know I'm years late to the conversation, but I can confirm that, according to my experience, this theory is not accurate.

Every time a human-controlled player steals (must be the BLUE 'Steal 1000' or 'Steal 2500' space on the wheel), it counts towards your total. I kept careful track of this, and Player 1 had only stolen $17,000 when I got the trophy. As further evidence - the trophy was attained when Player 2 spun the wheel.

I think the confusion was regarding whether or not it counts when another player is forced to give money to you (by the PURPLE 'Give 1000' or 'Give 2500' spaces). These definitely DO NOT count towards the $25,000, even when Player 1 is the beneficiary. It also does not contribute towards your total when you switch money totals with another player.

Now, this may be related to an update. It may be that, at the time of the writing of this guide, only P1 counted for this trophy. However, as of Fall 2015, this no longer seems to be the case.

• 2 weeks later...
I know I'm years late to the conversation, but I can confirm that, according to my experience, this theory is not accurate.

Every time a human-controlled player steals (must be the BLUE 'Steal 1000' or 'Steal 2500' space on the wheel), it counts towards your total. I kept careful track of this, and Player 1 had only stolen $17,000 when I got the trophy. As further evidence - the trophy was attained when Player 2 spun the wheel.

I think the confusion was regarding whether or not it counts when another player is forced to give money to you (by the PURPLE 'Give 1000' or 'Give 2500' spaces). These definitely DO NOT count towards the $25,000, even when Player 1 is the beneficiary. It also does not contribute towards your total when you switch money totals with another player.

Now, this may be related to an update. It may be that, at the time of the writing of this guide, only P1 counted for this trophy. However, as of Fall 2015, this no longer seems to be the case.

After careful tracking this is NOT correct... I played numerous 4 player games and have a whopping 30,000 stolen and the trophy hasn't popped.

Player 1 has no had 18,000, Player 2 has 7,500, Player 3 has 2,000 and Player 4 has 2,500... even if it only counted P1 & P2 I should still have the trophy but obviously I do not. So yes the fact is only P1 steals actually count.

**EDIT**

Finally got trophy once P1 got another $7,500... took me FORVEVER!

Edited by PViddy