TV Show King Trophy Guide

qasic

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

Description: TV Show King is a quiz game featuring over 7000 trivia questions grouped into 3 levels of difficulty, across 8 subjects. If you like quiz games like Trivia Pursuit and Buzz, it's likely you'll enjoy this game as well. Questions come from the following areas: Entertainment, General Knowledge, History-Geography, Movies, Music, Science-Nature, Sports, and Scholar.

Trophy Count: TV Show King has 17 (B) trophies and 2 (S) trophies.

Roadmap

Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10

Offline: 17

Online: 2

Approximate amount of time to 100%: 30 hours

Number of missable trophies: None

Glitched trophies: None

Note that the following walkthrough is only one of many proposed ways to get 100%. This roadmap stresses speed, instead of how easy it is to obtain the trophy. For the easiest strategy, please check the individual trophy strategies. You're free to get the trophies in any order you like; there are no glitches for these trophies that I'm aware of.

Play 1: Get your feet wet. Play a 3-round Classic Quiz with 4 different custom-created contestants using four controllers. Answer 5 straight questions correctly while the timer shows 15 seconds left on the clock. When presented with an opportunity to spin the wheel, always spin the wheel so that you have a chance to work on Fall From Grace, Penny Pincher, and Tour de Force. To get Spin Doctor, make sure you give you controller a short, forceful tug. Win the last round 5-0. This will net you: Baby Steps, Entourage, High Five, Reflexology and Spin Doctor.

Plays 2-17: Online battle. Play online and win 15 games online of Last One Standing. This will net you: Socialite, Multiversed, and Omega Man.

Play 18: Offline again. Play another 9-round game, focusing on answering each question correctly. When presented with an opportunity to spin the wheel, always spin the wheel so that you have a chance to work on Fall From Grace, Penny Pincher, and Tour de Force. This should net you: Explorer, Dust Eraser and ME=1337^2.

Play 19: Quiz Attack. Play Quiz Attack and answer 6 questions correctly. This will net you: Solitary Refinement.

Play 20: Return of the Internet. Play Classic Quiz online and focus on faking your opponents out. Once you've faked your opponents out, join the crowd and switch to the correct answer in the last 5 seconds. In the final round, let your opponent go ahead 4-0 and then storm back 5-4. This will net you: Bait and Switch, Comeback of the Century, and Public Scrutiny.

Plays 21+: Attack of boredom. Now starts the painful process of luck of going after luck-based trophies with 9-rounds of offline Classic Quiz. When you meet one of the criteria for Fall from Grace, Tour de Force, and Penny Pincher, you should take advantage of it. After going for these trophies, you'll eventually get Time Machine.

Congratulations, you've completed TV Show King!

General Trophy Strategies

• A lot of these trophies can be more easily obtained if you have 4 controllers. If you don't have 4 controllers, you can still use a single controller. To have 4 players on one controller, start up a game. Before you hit X to select the first player, change the identifier of that controller to 2. Choose a player for 2. Repeat the process for 3 & 4. Now, switch the controller back to player 1. Hit X to select the first player and resume the game. You should find yourself with 4 players but only one controller that is controlling player 1.

Individual Trophy Strategies

Baby Steps (B)

Play your first 3-round Classic Quiz.

Easy. Start up the game. Play a classic quiz. Finish game. Collect trophy :)

Socialite (B)

Go online and play 2 games.

This can be done with any of the online game types. I recommend Last One Standing because it's the quickest.

Explorer (B)

Correctly answer 10 "Light Quiz" questions in one game of Classic Quiz.

"Light Quiz" questions are the ones where your controller directs a circle around the screen and the circle reveals an answer. This must be done in the 9 round version of Classic Quiz because you need to play 2 rounds of "Light Quiz". Each round of "Light Quiz" gives you 7 questions so you're allowed to make up to 4 mistakes. Note that may need to play Classic Quiz more than once because the game will randomly choose between "Light Quiz" or "Scratch Quiz" during the Classic Quiz.

Dust Eraser (B)

Correctly answer 10 "Scratch Quiz" questions in one game of Classic Quiz.

"Scratch Quiz" questions are the ones where your controller directs an eraser around the screen and the eraser will remove the soot around answers. This must be done in the 9 round version of Classic Quiz because you need to play 2 rounds of "Scratch Quiz". Each round of "Scratch Quiz" gives you 7 questions so you're allowed to make up to 4 mistakes. Note that may need to play Classic Quiz more than once because the game will randomly choose between "Light Quiz" or "Scratch Quiz" during the Classic Quiz.

Solitary Refinement (B)

Correctly answer 6 "Quiz Attack" questions in a row.

Play Quiz Attack and rack up six straight answers. The system handily keeps track of how many of you gotten. Once you get to six, the trophy is yours.

Fall From Grace (B)

Finish the quiz with no money after having earned some.

This is easier done with 4 controllers rather than one because the AI will usually mess you up in the last round at the wheel. If you don't have 4 controllers, you can use a single controller and use the PS button to switch between players 1-4. Create a 3-round Classic Quiz. During the beginning of the game, just answer the first question correctly. Then, during the spin the wheel, get the other players to spin the wheel and try to get them to reduce your money to $0. Once your money has reduced to $0, finish the game with $0 by answering no questions and not spinning the wheel. You'll get the trophy at the end of the game, just before the "Saving" pop up appears in the bottom right corner.

Public Scrutiny (B)

During the last 5 seconds of a question, switch your answer to the answer that all the other contestants have selected if that answer is correct.

You can do this with multiple controllers. If you don't have multiple controllers, you can do this one online as well. You will know if you have done this successfully if a "Saving" pop up appears in the bottom right corner after the question.

High Five (B)

Win a round of "Face Off" 5-0.

This can be done during the last round of a Classic Quiz or during a round of "Face Off" game.

Omega Man

Win 5 Last One Standing games.

Just play 5 games. Online games count for this trophy as well.

Entourage (B)

Create 4 contestants and play a quiz game with each one.

A contestant is created from the Makeup screen. The quick way to get this trophy is to this with 4 controllers, each controller controlling a different person you've created (any contestant in the bottom row). If you don't have 4 controllers, you can just use the PS button to switch between players 1 and 4. Play a game of Last One standing and the trophy is yours; Classic Quiz would also work but it'll take longer to get the trophy. The trophy will pop up after the "Saving..." pops up in the bottom right hand corner.

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied guide.

Tour de Force (B)

Go from being bankrupt at the wheel to winning the game.

This one is all about luck. I used the following strategy. Use four controllers and play 9 rounds of Classic Quiz. If you don't have 4 controllers, you can use the PS button to get 4 players. Now play a round where everyone only answers the first question correctly. Henceforth, answer no questions. Once you get to the wheel, you have 4 chances to get bankrupt. If on the first time, you don't get bankrupt continue the strategy, don't answer any questions. Finally, when you do bankrupt, everyone else doesn't do anything but that contestant should answer all the questions easily. It should now be easy to be the person at the top and collect the trophy at the end of the game. The trophy will pop up after the "Saving..." pop up in the bottom right hand corner.

Penny Pincher (B)

Steal over $25,000 from other players.

You must be playing as controller 1 to do this. Spin the wheel and when you see a blue pie that says take $1000 or $2500 from someone then you've contributed to the $25000 quota. Every time you do this, the bottom right hand corner will pop up with "Saving..." after you've selected the victim. Note that taking a player with $0 doesn't contribute to this trophy.

Reflexology (B)

Correctly answer 5 regular questions as soon as the answers appear.

You have 15 seconds to answer a question. You need to answer a question correctly while 15 shows up on screen.

Multiversed (B)

Win 15 online multiplayer games.

Any online games count. I would do Last One Standing because that's the quickest.

Spin Doctor (B)

Make the wheel complete 8 rotations before it stops.

A short, forceful tug either left or right made the wheel rotate 8 times. It seemed that the longer tugs, actually made the wheel rotate a lot fewer.

Bait and Switch (B)

On 3 separate occasions, lure other players onto a wrong answer, then switch to the correct answer with less than 3 seconds left on the clock.

You can do this trophy either online or with 4 controllers. If you don't have 4 controllers, the PS button trick will work. If you've successfully lured the person to the wrong answer, after the correct answer has been shown, a "Saving..." will show in the bottom right hand corner. You can do this luring across different games.

Comeback of the Century (B)

Losing 0-4, correctly answer 5 questions consecutively to win the "Face Off" round.

Pretty obvious from the description. You can't answer any of your questions wrong during your 5-0 streak. This can be done either do this on the last round of Classic Quiz or during the "Face Off" games. If the other contestant is just another one of your controllers, it makes it fairly easy to rig the odds in your favour.

ME=1337² (S)

Play a 9-round quiz and get every question right.

This trophy can be difficult since it's likely that TV Show King generates random questions for you. I have two pieces of advice:

(1) Try to attempt this trophy with 3 other non-computer players (use the multiple controller with a single controller trick if you have to). This way you will get the maximum 15 seconds to answer a question.

(2) You can also use the PS button to pause the game and look up answers on Google. You can also hit the Start button to pause the game.

There's no intermediate save like Trivial Pursuit so you can't use the save file behaviour to help you out here.

Time Machine (S)

Play 30 or more hours of TV Show King.

You can let the system earn this trophy for you by being inside a game, leaving the system on overnight, and disabling the auto-off settings for the controller.

To turn off the controller's auto-off settings, in the XMB, go to Settings > Power Save Settings > Controller Auto-Off. Set it to be off.

Start up Face Off in TV Show King (Play > Local games > Face Off) with two players on one controller using the tip in the General Trophy Strategies section. Use a "2 of 3 Rounds" game to guard against accidentally answering 5 questions correctly. Don't answer any questions. Now go away for 30 hours and watch as the game times out on each question after 15 seconds. The trophy may actually pop up during the game (that's how I got mine). Thanks to johnnysmear for the tip.

If you prefer to use two controllers, that will work as well. You can turn off the second controller during the the game. If turning off the second controller triggers a controller disconnected message, you can dismiss it with the first controller. Don't ask me why, the game just behaves that way (lucky for us trophy hunters). Go away for 30 hours and the trophy will be yours.

Version History

0.63 - Updated strategy for Time Machine with the 1 controller approach and the 2 controllers approach

0.62 - Removed predictability strategy for ME=1337^2 after confirming it doesn't work

0.61 - Revised strategy for ME=1337^2 due to reports that it doesn't work

0.6 - Added Roadmap

0.52 - Added image for Time Machine; revised strategy for Time Machine based on personal experience

0.51 - Added better description on how to get 4 players with 1 controller

0.5 - Fixed the math

0.4 - Replaced ME=1337^2 image with one from Sony; modified the strategy after getting the trophy from personal experience

0.3 - Added the type of trophy + tip for Time Machine + ME=1337^2 image from ps3trophycard.com

0.2 - Revised Penny Pincher + added tile

0.1 - initial version

Edited by Terminator
Removed dead links.

This game any fun? I thought about getting it. I was under the impression the questions were about TV shows, am I wrong?

Yeah, as I posted above, if you're into trivia, you'll enjoy this game. Questions definitely aren't from just TV shows; it's quite varied. I've posted the subjects above.

This game is definitely better than the other Gameloft game on PSN. Brain Challenge was an absolute mess of a game, where we had to buy an add-on to patch a game's trophies.

Edited by qasic

Tip for Time Machine:

Disable controller auto-off from the settings. Start a 2-player game of face-off. You can switch off the second controller and if you dont anwser any questions, the game will go on for all eternity (or at least 30 hours).

You can't turn off the second controller because it pauses the game and tells you the 2nd controller has been turned off and to verify after it's turned back on.

Can someone tell me how to do the 4 players on 1 controller trick.

I have tried to follow the guide on the 1st page but it does not work for me.

Anyone ???

BTW your tip on how to to the answer all questions correct in 9 rounds does not work.

I have done it twice and it always comes up with diffrent questions next time around.

Last question in Round 9

If you stopped after Round 2, do the questions repeat?

BTW do you know why I can't get the 4 players on 1 controller to work.

Here's how I do it step by step. If it doesn't work for you, I'm not sure what's wrong.

1) Make sure your controller is set to 1 before starting game

2) From the Main Menu, hit Play

3) From the Play Local or Online menu, choose Local games

4) From the Choose a game mode menu, choose Face Off

5) In the Select your Contestant menu, press and hold the PS button

6) Scroll down to Controller Settings, hit X, hit Reassign the Controller and choose 3. Hit X to Enter. Hit O to go back. Hit O to go back.

7) Now your controller should be Player 3. Hit X.

8) Notice you should be able to choose the character you want.

9) Repeat 5-7 as needed and modify for player 2 and 4.

I second this. I tried this and it didn't work. D=

Hmm, wonder it worked for me. Oh well, I guess people should use the old stand by of using the PS button to look up the answers on Google. I'll revise the guide to reflect that.

EDIT: Tried this again on another account and indeed, the questions are randomly being generated. I wonder if it's because I've played so much TV Show King that are not being randomly generated on my main account. Anyways, I'll remove the non-random strategy.

Edited by qasic

EDIT: Tried this again on another account and indeed, the questions are randomly being generated. I wonder if it's because I've played so much TV Show King that are not being randomly generated on my main account. Anyways, I'll remove the non-random strategy.

I have read this the beginning of this thread over and over again and I kept trying to get the same questions and it would always tease me by coming up wit h the first 2 questions being the same and then somewhat random after that. I noticed a bunch of them that I had before. Really appreciate all the work you put into this. I guess it is going to be the ole hit the PS button and then google for the ones I don't know.

I still can't get that wheel to go around 8 times. I saw you mentioned a quick short tug to right or left. Anyone else have any suggestions for this?