Rate the trophy difficulty.  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.67

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm going with 8. There's more to this than just the grind for Reach for the Stars, which of course is that sort of "it's not hard it just takes a while" thing people love to get into debates over.

First off, the levels get rather tricky later on in the game. This can make Construction Complete a bit of a pain (some of those levels are brutal with their moving parts or gusts of wind), but it's All The Glitters that really stands out here. Thankfully you only need 50 gold medals and not gold in every stage, but it's still quite tough. Even if you consult video guides on YouTube, most levels will randomly generate blocks for you to use, meaning that what you see on YouTube is not the exact same thing you should do when you play because you likely can't due to having different blocks. Furthermore, sometimes the random block spawns are absolutely evil. Nothing sucks more when you're 15m away from the gold when it gives you two glass blocks and a pie-chart wedge to work with after you just managed to find a way to get those two tiny wood pieces and cylinder piece on your tower.

Then you have Lightning Fast, which once again puts you at the mercy of the random block spawns. If you get lots of cubes and boards to work with, it's easy. But the game likes to troll you big time with those damn cylinders, pie-chart wedges, and glass cubes. Prepare to fail many many times when going for this one, and keep that wrist strap on in case you get mad and decide to chuck the Move controller across the room and into your TV like all those idiots who didn't play Wii Sports properly in 2006.

And finally there are Master Blaster and Out of the Park. You would think that since these are for the limpet challenges and not building towers, they would be easier, right? Well, you would be wrong. These two trophies are actually harder, at least they were for me. You watch a guide on YouTube and they get it quite easily. So you set yours up just like that and poof... You aren't even close. If you're lucky you get 1,000 points. So you try again, same way as the video, and the tower barely even flinches. Somehow the limpet challenges manage to be more random than the building challenges that are always handing you random blocks! Be prepared to tear your hair out for these two; you have to really hope the game likes you or you're not getting anything no matter what you do.

Bottom line, you're going to need about 1 part skill and 7 parts luck if you want all of these trophies. This game could smile upon you and give you everything you want on your first try, or it could smite you and leave you retrying levels again and again and again and again hoping that this time will be the time that luck is finally on your side so you can build high enough to either finish the level or get gold in the level, get enough points, or just send a block flying out of bombs in the limpet challenges.

The only reason I don't give this 10 is because there were thankfully no trophies for getting all gold medals and getting all of the extra/bonus/whatever they were called. Thankfully this meant you could ignore the even harder medals for building out to some really off the wall place in the build high challenges, and the harder still timed challenges for building really high in a really short amount of time. If such trophies exist, they would be trophies that I would not have in my collection.

Edited by mjc0961

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Just got 100%, and I'll put it at a 5. The main problem is that a lot of it is random and really luck based since the game is so physics-based. Plus there's not much info out there, aside from the single youtube vids for each level. Anyone should be able to get pretty much everything eventually though. And it doesn't affect the difficulty but the final grind for 500 meters was a real pain. That's quite a few hours by itself, and that's after retrying some levels many many times until the blocks fall or fit just the right way for you. Overall, the game's kind of a pain in the ass but I wouldn't really call it hard.

Frankenstein - Awesome YouTube videos. I did this game quite some time ago now. Most gave this game a 3. MJC was the only real extreme outlier with an 8. I do agree that it is harder than a 3, however, an 8 is extreme. Lightning Fast, Master Blaster, and Out of the Park were all easy trophies. However, getting gold in every puzzle (i know it wasn't required) wasn't easy. Those who gave this game a 3 obviously used YouTube way too much.

I give it a 5

• 1 month later...

Man, I gave a 7, and I have to agree with mjc0961.

It took me forever to get the "out of the park" trophy. Even a slight difference in the placement of the explosives is enough to not get the trophy. And the video on youtube is difficult to follow. It only gives you a clue on where to put the mines. It should go for a close prior detonation, so you can be more accurate.

Some bonus levels are pure evil!

And I do hate, from the inner depths of my sould, the pie chart piece and also the f*cking egg that keeps bouncing!