Trivial Pursuit road map/trophy guide

Vintsukka

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

Here's a little guide/road map on what I think is the best and easiest way to obtain the Platinum on Trivial Pursuit. Took me a little over 4 hours to do, and I think it can definitely be done even faster when you know exactly what to do. This guide is trying to help you do that.

A big help on this was chucknorris078's trophy guide, which you should check out if there's any confusion about any single trophy. I have no intention to "compete" with chuck by making this guide, I just thought a "road map" type guide would be helpful.

It's the first time I've made any kind of a guide, so feedback would be most welcome.

This is a guide aimed at people who want to get the Platinum trophy as quickly and efficiently as

possible. If you want to play Trivial Pursuit casually, maybe with a few friends, and let the trophies come if they will, don't read any further. This guide is not for you.

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 1-2/10

-Offline: 44 + Platinum

-Online: 0

-Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 3-5 hours

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None *

-Cheat codes: None available

* There have been some reports of glitches on Objective Master and Bet Your Bottom Dollar, but they seem to be isolated incidents. If more people encounter these problems, I'll edit this section.

The game is divided into three different game modes, and every trophy is specific to one game mode. The order in which you complete the game modes obviously doesn't matter, I started with Clear the Board and then went to Classic. Facts & Friends is I think the most difficult mode to get everything, so it might be a good idea to leave that last, when you've accustomed to the gameplay. Doesn't really matter either way.

Two of the three game modes are multiplayer modes, but they can be played with just one controller.

Whenever you don't know an answer, you can pause the game by tapping the PS button and look the answer up on Google, Wikipedia or a big heavy book if you happen to have one handy.

If you're a movie buff, I suggest you download the free Movie Pack from the PSN store. You can get all the trophies playing only these questions and ignoring every in-game question.

If you're stumped by a question and can't find the right answer anywhere, take a guess. If your guess was incorrect, quickly tap the PS button and quit the game before it has time to save the progress. When you start the game again, select Continue Game and you're back to where you were before your incorrect answer. (thanks go to aliensNmycloset for this handy little tip)

Classic

This is plain old classic Trivial Pursuit. You get a Wedge from the big spaces (called Wedge HQ spaces apparently), and the winner is the player who collects all six Wedges, then gets to the middle space and answers the final question correctly.

It's a multiplayer mode for 2-4 players, but it can be played with one controller. All the trophies must be earned with the first player.

First (and only) playthrough:

First Wedge - Bronze

Win your first wedge (Classic)

Full Circle - Bronze

Fill your puck for the first time (Classic)

Classic Champ - Bronze

Win a game of Classic Trivial Pursuit

On a Roll - Bronze

String together 5 correct answers (Classic)

Unstoppable - Silver

String together 10 correct answers (Classic)

Keep on Rolling - Bronze

Land on a roll again space twice in a row (Classic)

Fast Worker Entertainment - Bronze

Acquire a Entertainment wedge on your first attempt (Classic)

Fast Worker Geography - Bronze

Acquire a Geography wedge on your first attempt (Classic)

Fast Worker Science and Nature - Bronze

Acquire a Science & Nature wedge on your first attempt (Classic)

Fast Worker History - Bronze

Acquire a History wedge on your first attempt (Classic)

Fast Worker Sport and Leisure - Bronze

Acquire a Sport & Leisure wedge on your first attempt (Classic)

Fast Worker Art and Literature - Bronze

Acquire a Art & Literature wedge on your first attempt (Classic)

You don't know everything (Hidden) - Bronze

Get a question wrong (Classic)

Maybe you don't know anything? (Hidden) - Bronze

Get 5 questions wrong in a row (Classic)

Come on! You're not even trying! (Hidden) - Silver

Get 10 questions wrong in a row (Classic)

Set the game for 2 players on one controller.

Start by answering wrong to everything. You'll have to answer 10 questions wrong in a row with the first player to get the hidden silver trophy. If you have no idea what to answer and don't want to risk it, just let the time run out. That also counts as a wrong answer. It doesn't matter if the second player answers something right, as long as he's not on a Wedge HQ space.

After getting the silver, start hunting for the Wedges, which you have to get all on your first attempt. Also, make sure to get 10 correct answers in a row while doing this. You might also want to go to a Roll Again space every time you can, and hope to roll a number which lets you get straight to another Roll Again space from there. This will get you the Keep on Rolling trophy. After getting it, don't bother with the Roll Again spaces anymore.

As long as you answer everything correctly, player 2 won't get a turn and you'll breeze through the board in no time. After getting all the Wedges, head to the middle space, select a category you like and answer the question correctly. Now you should have all the trophies from the Classic game mode.

If you missed something, start a new game and get what you need. Feel free to quit the game once you've got what you were missing, you don't have to finish the game.

Clear the Board

This is the only single player game mode in Trivial Pursuit. Here, every correct answer will add to a score multiplier for the corresponding category, and once a Wedge has been won, the category disappears from the table.

The game mode also has 20 specific objectives. Some of them are the same as trophies, but not all. You need to get all the objectives for the Objective Master trophy, so I've listed all the objectives you should get from each playthrough next to the trophies. You can check which objectives you have and which you're still missing from Main Menu -> Options and Profile -> View Profile.

First playthrough:

Cleared the Board - Bronze

Clear the board

First Objective - Bronze

Complete your first objective (CTB)

Objectives:

- All Cleared - clear the board

- No Pressure - answer the final bonus question on your first attempt

Start the game, get accustomed to the game mode and take your time. Maybe even leave the game running and go get a snack or something. The main thing here is to finish the game with a relatively slow time, preferably around 10 minutes or more.

Get all the Wedges and finish the game by answering the final bonus question. You don't have to get it right on your first attempt now, but you might as well.

Second playthrough:

Straight To The Point - Silver

Clear the board using only the Wedge HQ spaces

You Were A Blur - Silver

Clear the board in under 10 minutes

Objective Success - Bronze

Complete 5 objectives (CTB)

Objectives:

- Personal Best - beat your previous set time

- Quick As A Flash - clear the board in under 10 minutes

- Straight To The Point - clear the board with NO multipliers on any Wedge HQs

After the slow first playthrough, now you'll have to be a little faster. Always go for the Wedge HQ's, and whenever you land on a smaller space, answer wrong. After a couple of Wedges, it gets easier to hit the HQ's as the board gets smaller and smaller.

You'll most likely finish the game in around 7-8 minutes even without a major hassle, which means you'll get the You Were A Blur trophy as well as the objective for beating your previous time (see, there was a point to taking your time on the first playthrough!).

Continued in the next post.

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied guide.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Third playthrough:

Maxed Out - Bronze

Achieve a x10 multiplier on every category (CTB)

Personal Best - Bronze

Break your own high score (CTB)

Knowledge is Invaluable - Silver

Break 60,000 points (CTB)

You Know Too Much - Gold

Clear the board without getting a question wrong

Objective Champion - Bronze

Complete 10 objectives (CTB)

Objective Master - Bronze

Complete all objectives (CTB)

Objectives:

- Category Expert - get a 5x multiplier

- Category Master - get a 10x multiplier

- Trivia Expert - get a 5x multiplier in every category

- Trivia Master - get a 10x multiplier in every category

- Know A Bit - answer 5 questions correctly in a row

- Know A Lot - answer 10 questions correctly in a row

- Know It All - answer 15 questions correctly in a row

- Scientifically Proven - clear all Science questions with at least a 5x multiplier

- Learning From The Past - clear all History questions with at least a 5x multiplier

- Been There Answered That - clear all Geography questions with at least a 5x multiplier

- Standing Ovation - clear all Entertainment questions with at least a 5x multiplier

- Culture Vulture - clear all Art & Lit questions with at least a 5x multiplier

- Crowd Goes Wild - clear all Sports & Leisure questions with at least a 5x multiplier

- In Pursuit Of Perfection - clear the board without an incorrect answer

- Nothing Trivial About This - get a 10x multiplier on all categories and answer the final bonus question on your first attempt

This playthrough will require you to be either pretty smart or using Google. Doesn't hurt if you're both.

You must answer every single question correctly, and you can't land on any Wedge HQ's before all of them have a multiplier of 10x, which means you must clear all the other spaces first.

At all cost avoid the HQ's. If you're forced into one, press the PS button right then and there and quit the game, then start it up again and continue the game from where you left off.

Only when all Wedge HQ's have a multiplier of 10 (meaning they are the only spaces available, aside from the center square), you can start answering them and they will also have to be answered correctly on the first try.

After answering a whopping 60 questions correctly in a row, you're left with the final bonus question. Nail it on your first try and bask in the glory of having cleared the table.

There. Now you should have every trophy from the Clear the Table game mode. If you're still missing something, it's clear you've done something wrong (either that or my road map is faulty). No fear. Start a new game and get what you're still missing. And again, feel free to quit the game once you've got what you were missing, you don't have to finish the game.

Facts & Friends

This is a weird game mode. It's a multiplayer mode for 2-4 players, and besides answering questions, it involves betting if your friends know the answers or not and all kinds of Bonus Events. Just follow the instructions at the start of the game and everything will become clear.

First playthrough:

Lucky Break - Bronze

Win a wedge by betting (F&F)

Gambling Glory - Bronze

Place 5 correct bets (F&F)

Gambling God - Silver

Place 10 correct bets (F&F)

Wedge Domination - Gold

Win all the wedges in a single game (F&F)

Bet Your Bottom Dollar - Bronze

Win all your wedges by betting only (F&F)

Not a Scratch - Silver

Win the game without losing a life in the end game phase (F&F)

Winner - Bronze

Win a game of Facts & Friends

Domination - Silver

Win a 4 player game of Facts & Friends without losing a life

Flawless Entertainment - Silver

Answer all Entertainment questions correctly in a single game (F&F)

Flawless Art and Literature - Silver

Answer all Art & Literature questions correctly in a single game (F&F)

Flawless Science and Nature - Silver

Answer all Science & Nature questions correctly in a single game (F&F)

Flawless Sport and Leisure - Silver

Answer all Sport & Leisure questions correctly in a single game (F&F)

Flawless Geography - Silver

Answer all Geography questions correctly in a single game (F&F)

Flawless History - Silver

Answer all History questions correctly in a single game (F&F)

Set the game for 4 players on one controller.

Now this requires a bit of strategising (only a bit though). The main thing to keep in mind is that you're gunning for the Bet Your Bottom Dollar trophy, which means you have to earn all your Wedges by betting. In this game mode, a Wedge is divided into four parts. You'll get two parts for a correct answer and one part for betting right on your friend's turn. This means that every wedge you earn will have to be either by one correct answer and two bets or four bets. Never land on a Wedge HQ, because this will give you the entire Wedge and you won't get Bet Your Bottom Dollar.

So basically every time it's your turn, try to aim for a category that you have none or one Wedge-parts on, and answer correctly. Also, make two of the other players bet against you and one for you (if everyone bets against you, you'll get the whole Wedge with a right answer).

If you're forced to either a Wedge HQ or a category where you'll get the Wedge by answering correctly, answer wrong. It means losing one of the Flawless silvers, but they're easier to get on another playthrough than Bet Your Bottom Dollar.

Every time it's someone else's turn, bet that they answer wrong, make the other two bet the answer is right, and then answer wrong.

I would advise to avoid the Bonus Round spaces, they're mostly trouble in this playthrough.

If you've done it right, after a while you should have all the Wedges and Bet Your Bottom Dollar. Then comes the End Game. There'll be a question and each player must answer it on their turn. There's a little less time to answer here than in the normal game, but there's still no hurry. Just answer the question correctly with the first player and wrong with all the others, and you'll have won the game without losing any lives.

Second playthrough:

Wedge Off Winner - Bronze

Win a Wedge Off (F&F)

Wedge HQ Winner - Bronze

Win a wedge using the Wedge HQ space (F&F)

Risky Business - Bronze

Use a Bonus Event for the first time (F&F)

Better luck next time (Hidden) - Bronze

Be the first person to lose all their lives in the end game phase (F&F)

+ Any of the silver Flawless trophies you might have missed the first time around.

This time set the game for just 2 players.

Firstly, land on a Bonus Round space and see what happens. You don't have to succeed in whatever the Bonus Round has you doing, all you need to do is try it.

Then you have to position the players so that they will both get a Wedge at the same time. For example, if player 1 has 2 parts of the green Wedge and player 2 has three parts, correctly answer a green question with player 1 while betting for the right answer with player 2. This will start a Wedge Off, which is a series of true/false questions. Just get one right with player 1 and one wrong with player 2, and you've got the Wedge Off Winner trophy.

You also need to get one Wedge from a Wedge HQ with player 1, so do that. You can of course integrate it with the Wedge Off thing, having player 2 with three Wedge parts and betting for a right answer.

If you missed any of the silver Flawless trophies on your first playthrough, be sure to answer all questions correctly on those categories, but for the sake of the End Game, it'll be easiest if you let player 2 win as many Wedges as possible. Not necessary, but it will make it easier.

Now, when all six Wedges have been won, the End Game will start. You'll have to lose it to get the secret trophy, so always answer wrong and have player 2 answer correctly at least most of the time, so player 1's lives will run out before player 2's.

And there you have it, you should now have all the trophies from the Facts & Friends game mode. If you're still missing something, go ahead and start another game and get what you need. And once more, feel free to quit the game once you've got what you were missing, you don't have to finish the game.

If everything has gone according to plan, you should now be the proud owner of one Trivial Pursuit Platinum: http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/91/000.jpg

Congratulations! Pretty, isn't it. ...okay, maybe it isn't.

Questions, comments and suggestions are very welcome.

Edited by Vintsukka
Addressed the Clear the Table multiplier problem more clearly

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great roadmap, but I have a problem. I'm playing clear the board and have answered one of the HQs (when it had 10x). Now I have 10x on all but one. Geography has 8x, but I don't see any Geography wedges left to answer on. Do you have to wait to wait to answers HQs before all of them is on 10x or only the one you decide to answer on? Because if thats the deal, then I found it a little unclear.

Great roadmap, but I have a problem. I'm playing clear the board and have answered one of the HQs (when it had 10x). Now I have 10x on all but one. Geography has 8x, but I don't see any Geography wedges left to answer on. Do you have to wait to wait to answers HQs before all of them is on 10x or only the one you decide to answer on? Because if thats the deal, then I found it a little unclear.

When you get a wedge, the board shrinks, so some spaces are eliminated....including spaces you may not have landed on yet. Once this happens, it is impossible to get 10x for all categories. So, you need to wait until you have 10x on ALL of the categories, before getting the wedges.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a way to get the multiplier over 10x. The center square gives you your choice of topics (and adds to the multiplier if you get it right) - but only for topics for which there is a non-wedge square available. Ie if you had no Entertainment squares left (besides the wedge), then you couldn't choose Entertainment, but you could choose the others.

EDIT: I'm wrong - using the center square uses up a non-center square.

Edited by Stork77

There's a way to get the multiplier over 10x. The center square gives you your choice of topics (and adds to the multiplier if you get it right) - but only for topics for which there is a non-wedge square available. Ie if you had no Entertainment squares left (besides the wedge), then you couldn't choose Entertainment, but you could choose the others.

EDIT: So, you can make up for getting one question wrong, so long as it's not the last non-wedge square of that topic.

Doesn't it mark one of the normal squares as answered when you take a question from the center square? I don't own the game anymore but I remember it doing that. Meaning the center square is no help at all if you've answered a question wrong.

I could be wrong. When I got a 10x Science multiplier legitimately, I was sure I got a science question wrong and used the center square to recover. I will try again and watch the outer board.

It makes sense - if one could farm the center square, then there wouldn't be a max score unless the multiplier wasn't allowed to exceed 10.

UPDATE: Yep, I'm wrong. Center square uses up another square.

Edited by Stork77

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For some reason this is the ONLY trophy in CTB that has not clicked yet. I'm not sure why.

The objectives are listed in the guide. I'd hazard a guess that you're missing the one for beating your best time. That one's an objective but not a trophy. Meaning you'll have to beat CTB quicker than you did on your first playthrough.

You can check what you're missing in Main Menu -> Options and Profile -> View Profile.

Btw, all this info was in the road map already...

Dear Vintsukka, I have a few questions and I hope you can clarify them for me:

1) For my first playthrough on CTB, do I need to get every question correct or not?

2) You said that I don't have to get the bonus question right on the first attempt but the objective says otherwise?

3) IF I were to press the PS button, exit and reenter the game, will I reenter where I left off like what can be done for Classic mode. I ask this because F & F, the PS button trick does not work.

4) Also, can I get the big wedge objective on my first playthrough on CTB and then repeating the big wedge method to clear the board to get the 'Under 10 min' and 'quicker than previous playthrough' objective?

Help? Thank you in advance and great guide!

Edited by Hitchcocker

1) For my first playthrough on CTB, do I need to get every question correct or not?

All you have to do on the first playthtough is complete it, doesn't matter if you answer questions wrong.

2) You said that I don't have to get the bonus question right on the first attempt but the objective says otherwise?

There's an objective for getting it right on the first try, but you don't have to get it on your first playthrough. I just put it there because you might as well get it straight away. But you'll have to get it on the third playthrough anyway.

3) IF I were to press the PS button, exit and reenter the game, will I reenter where I left off like what can be done for Classic mode. I ask this because F & F, the PS button trick does not work.

It doesn't? I don't remember if I ever tried the PS button trick on F&F, so I'm not sure what to say. Closing the game and restarting it should return you to your position before the last time you threw the dice. I don't have the game anymore, so I'm afraid I can't test this.

4) Also, can I get the big wedge objective on my first playthrough on CTB and then repeating the big wedge method to clear the board to get the 'Under 10 min' and 'quicker than previous playthrough' objective?

What do you mean by "big wedge objective"? Going for only the Wedge HQ's? If so, of course you can. The only thing that matters on your first playthrough is clearing the board, no matter how, and getting a time you can beat later.

Help? Thank you in advance and great guide!

Thanks. Hope I was of some help.

Edited by Vintsukka