Does Trinity Universe freeze on you?

superpj

Does Trinity Universe freeze on you ?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Does Trinity Universe freeze on you ?

• YES pretty often
    • YES rarely
    • NEVER

It freezes pretty often for me. It happens most of the time when I skip a cutscene or watch the gallery ! (I've stopped watching it :( because of that). On my 1st playthrough I skipped only a few cinematics and I had only 1 freeze. On my 2nd playthrough I skipped ALL the cutscenes and the game froze a lot. When it happens, the music goes on but the console is totally unusuable and I have to reboot manually (can't even use the XMB).

Apart from that the game is very stable, I sometimes farmed the dongeons for many hours without saving and I didn't have any problem. The lockups only occur when I skip a cutscene or watch the gallery. NIS should really solve this issue with their games, I've heard that Atelier Rorona freezes too :think:

If I recall correctly the game froze for me just 1 or 2 times. Am I lucky? xD

This was during the Kanata-playthrough. It seems to me like a random freeze, it was during exploring a dungeon.

But I'm not so lucky in Atelier Rorona ... like u mentioned. Countless freezes occur for me :/ My counter is about 20-30 now. On the other hand Rorona froze for a friend just 2 times ind 60h playtime. He is so lucky. :rolleyes:

mine only freezed during cutscenes, most of the time it was when i had it on skip, but wasn't often, well in total i can remember i think was around 6 or so all up through both play throughs.

i've never had Atelier Rorona freeze on me though.

i wonder, we should look at what version all our PS3s are, what version of the game game we got like US/EU/JP and if we are using updates on them, though i would imagen we all are.

my PS3 is the US CECHA01 60gig, but now has a WD Scorpio Blue 500gig HDD in it, i bought it from the US awhile ago for the PS2 support as i have allot of US PS2 games, i live in australia.

my version of Trinity Universe is EU, not sure if there was an update for it, i don't think there was, and i bought all the DLC so far from the psn store.

hopefuly that might help with some info to compre if anyone else is getting the same problems as me or others. i only betting it's more of the older PS3s that are frezzing?? a friend of mine has a EU PS3 80gig and it some times frezzes in the same spots as me during cutscenes.

let me know if what you all think

hmmm i think it might be just older PS3s, could be the game it self, but i've been playing a few other games lately, just started White Knight Chronicles, was busy fighting in the Nordia Tunnel and while fighting some weird spider there, it just froze on me, music was still going, but once again, i was unable to do anything, control didn't work, had to turn off then on again, i've been getting it more from other games too, just sudden freezes, so my guess could be older PS3s, but as you said superpj, you been freezing too, most likely not as much as me, but still freeze now and then? could even be just bad programing by sony, hardware problems don't know, wish it was fixed, is there any way to submet these problems back to sony?

Edited by kumozero

• 1 month later...

Game just froze on me I guess. Was just in the shop menu and I pressed triangle, trying to get to my part menu before I could. Trying to do everything to fast lol :p

Now I've just got a black screen and the music is still playing. This sucks.

Apart from that I've never had anything like that. Unlike MAG :@

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm on my second playthough now, its never freezed on me yet but NISA being what they are it probably can and will eventually :p

I don't use the skip function that much so that probably why, but at least its not a gameplay lockup like Rorona tended to be.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Been playing it for easily over 100 hours now and it's froze one me three times (edit) so far.

The first time was on the gallery but i knew i didn't wait for it to properly load all the images first....it takes a good 20 seconds or so to load it all and like an oaf i didn't pay attention.

The other 2 times were the game itself.....the second time just an hour or so ago, and it was on the ranking screen....that worried me.

• 5 months later...

i have never had a freeze <<sctatch this my game froze (see bottom of my post for more info)

im using a ps3 slim 120 and 4.20 firmware

if you want to trouble shoot contact NIS customer service

USA Recidents use 1-714-540-1122 (hint save money on long distance and use Google Voice [again US residents only])

elsewhere check the manual

and sony (again US Residents) 1-800-345-SONY (elsewhere check the contact us link at the bottom of your regions playstation site)

if no help is available try some of the recovery options

to enter simply hold the power untill you hear 3 sets of beeps (the first one would be normal power, the second reset video, and the third enter revovery menu (AKA Safe Mode) if that dosen't work see this article (http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=1488)

use the tools there to help

i sugest: DB rebuild [helped with a 3d issue i had] and error check

also one of the tools will delete your music playlists (it will leave the music alone) so just be warned

you will be told if any data will be messed with

edit on 8/11/2012

it just froze

chapter 10 (Rizelia Arc) end screen

i was using auto play, not skip

it was voiced and stopped at the end screen

Edited by mer2329