Theme Song and battle voices can a bit repetitive, no?

Sorrows Neptune

I really like this game. Great turn-based combat, great dungeon exploring, decent story, etc. etc.

The bad thing about this game though is how repetitive the theme song "Cosmolagoon", and the battle voices are. Seriously, on my first playthrough I used Recit, and I've heard him say "I'm like a superhero!" literally 50 times!

I actually don't mind the theme song that much, it's decent in my opinion. But there are plenty of people I'm sure who dislike it, and thus having to hear so often while playing the game could be quite annoying.

Anyone here agree with me?

Not me. I always love hearing Haruka Shimotsuki sing and no it's not because of Ar tonelico, Atelier series, Cross Edge, and Last Rebellion. Maybe having that song as the opening plus having it whenever you're deciding where to go on the map is a little much but I think the song is beautiful.

As for the beginning battle and end battle quotes being repeated over and over well that's just stuff that usually happens in JRPGs like this but would be boring if they didn't say anything at all. Plus it costs money to have the voice actors say different lines in something like this where the game doesn't know how many battles you'll fight in and so they just say a few different lines each and that's it. You could always change your party so that you have different characters to use each time so that way it won't feel like listening to the same thing battle after battle.

I did find the main theme at the universe screen to be annoying when I was pushing for the 1,000,000 drift points. But I think that was more due to my poor success with RNG working in my favor. The battle quotes didn't bother me, I like hearing them repeatedly in case I missed a few... Like Flonne's "Miss Etna, BFF attack!" I had to listen a few times to be sure she said BFF.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I cant confirm this since i dont own it, but i watched a reveiw that said you could play your own music and replaces the games theme overall(They played ff 13's theme and it worked, but it also could be editing). I mean it cant hurt to try it out lol

• 1 month later...
I cant confirm this since i dont own it, but i watched a reveiw that said you could play your own music and replaces the games theme overall(They played ff 13's theme and it worked, but it also could be editing). I mean it cant hurt to try it out lol

Yep, just press the playstation button in the controller and navigate to the music section to play any of your playlists/music folders.

Also if the voices get annoying just shut them off in the options menu, it makes grinding a lot more tolerable.

• 11 months later...