This is what Cross Edge should have been

starcrunch061

Much better effort from NIS, Gust and Idea Factory. Although the gameplay is still weak, battle is significantly better, item management is MUCH better (the fact that it exists at all tells you that), the storyline is more engaging and entertaining, and while this game could be vastly improved, it is still quite addictive.

Gameplay wise yes even though I love Cross Edge but think Trinity Universe is even better.

Oh and the same guy who tried to sue EA for Mirror's Edge having the word Edge in the title is now against NIS America because Cross Edge has the word Edge in the title so it's no longer called Cross Edge anymore and has no name so kind of inappropiate calling it Cross Edge now.

I swear some people are so stupid for money since this guy tells companies that he doesn't like games having the word Edge in them because he used to work for Edge Games until they canned him. He's even the reason why Soul Blade(part of the Soul Calibur series) wasn't named Soul Edge in America and Europe.

Oh and the same guy who tried to sue EA for Mirror's Edge having the word Edge in the title is now against NIS America because Cross Edge has the word Edge in the title so it's no longer called Cross Edge anymore and has no name so kind of inappropiate calling it Cross Edge now.

Wh...what?!? Are you serious? Someone has actually gotten the word "Edge" taken out of gaming lexicon?

Wh...what?!? Are you serious? Someone has actually gotten the word "Edge" taken out of gaming lexicon?

Tim Langdell

TIGSource Blog Archive Tim Langdell: The EDGE of Insanity?

This is about the most professional (I.E. Not biased) work I could find on him. Somehow this guy has copyright to the word "Edge" and has pretty much filed lawsuits against any company/corporation using it in a title. What I didn't know is he went after NIS for Cross Edge (thank you Shuffle), just gives me another reason to hate the bloated money grubber. I mean going after someone like EA, you can expect something because they have the funds to back it up. Going after NIS is just stupid and an even better way to alienate yourself. Niche titles draw niche gamers, and I know we can be some of the most defensive/spiteful jerks around.

Cross Edge went down peacefully and NIS America doesn't have the money to sue them so basically they had to just put up with the abuse and removed the game from their online store and even their website for Cross Edge. I found out about it in the NIS America forum since i'm a member on there too as well as some other forums.

NIS America also had to give Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman a new name called What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord and also there's apparently a board game called Classic Dungeon so gave the PSP game named Classic Dungeon a new name called Cladun: This Is An RPG to avoid any issues that could happen.

Just face it NIS America is very unlucky. Even Sakura Wars didn't sell well for them and that has been a highly anticipated game ever since Sega America refused to localize the series and it's an excellent series too. NIS America even had Idea Factory or maybe it was Red Entertainment to even create a Wii version.

Plus the whole Ar tonelico II issues that made many fans skeptical about buying it.

Edited by Shuffle

That's a damn shame, I mean seriously. They're one of the few companies willing to take a risk and localize titles over here and all sorts of smudge ups cause them so much trouble.

And Atlus has been pretty lucky lately like Demon Souls selling better than they hoped for(they didn't have much hope in the title to begin with though) and plus another From Software game 3D Dot Game Heroes. Plus I hear Zeno Clash is another hit for them.

It's surprising seeing how much I've supported the small localization companies when I go back and look at my collection. Atlus has had an amazing lineup with the Shin Megami Tensei games, Rhapsody (one of the first NIS games) and the original Guilty Gear. I've also scooped up every Armored Core game when they came out. I wasn't happy when Working Designs went down and would hate, hate, hate to see the same thing happen to NIS.

It's surprising seeing how much I've supported the small localization companies when I go back and look at my collection. Atlus has had an amazing lineup with the Shin Megami Tensei games, Rhapsody (one of the first NIS games) and the original Guilty Gear. I've also scooped up every Armored Core game when they came out. I wasn't happy when Working Designs went down and would hate, hate, hate to see the same thing happen to NIS.

Yeah, same here. I haven't always liked them (as I've implicitly said here, I hated "Cross Edge," and I thought that "Digital Devil Saga" for the PS2 came highly overrated), but I'm glad for what they are doing, particularly in this generation (which has been mediocre for many fans. If I didn't like rhythm games so much, I think I might have given up by now).

Shoot! And it wasn't too long ago my PS3 was starving for RPG's, and now it's like there's no end in sight for em'! I'm glad to hear that Trinity Universe is better than Cross E___.

I hated Cross E___ when it came out. HATED! Gave it up, then started back up a few weeks ago and now it's like a breath of fresh air. I like it and am in the process of getting all the titles and having a blast @ it. I've been.. oh wait, wrong forums for all this Cross E___ stuff.

• 2 months later...

Beware the Following is what "Pricks" get for being morons

For those that Enjoy watching said ppl get eye for a eye Plz enjoy the Following :applause::applause::applause:

On 1 October 2010 the California Northern District Court rejected the request for a preliminary (i.e. immediate) injunction. [11]. In the ruling Judge Alsup agreed with EA's assertion that Langdell had been deceiving the US patent office.

"Given the suspect nature of Dr. Langdell's representations to both the USPTO and the Court concerning plaintiff's current and future sales and business activities, it is an open question whether plaintiff's business activities legitimately extend beyond trolling various gaming-related industries for licensing opportunities."

The court was also shown that Langdell had allegedly submitted a cover of Edge magazine doctored to include references to his own products and organisation as part of of his 2004 application for continuing trademark rights to the word 'edge.' The court suggesting he could face criminal charges these actions.[12]

Judge Alsup continued, "EA also presents compelling evidence that there was no bona fide use of the "EDGE" mark in commerce by plaintiff, its licensees, or its predecessors in interest at all between 1989 and to at least 2003."

Call for Removal from IGDA Board

In July 2009, members of the IGDA began circulation of a petition calling for a special meeting of the membership to vote on the removal of Langdell from that organization's board of directors citing, among other things, his use of his position on the IGDA to "work directly against the mission of the organization."[42][43] In late August, the IGDA announced that a special meeting of the membership would be held on October 3, the sole purpose of which was to vote on whether Langdell should be removed,[44] and on August 31, 2009, Langdell resigned from the IGDA board.[45] Langdell had served on the board since March 2009.[44]

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have been playing Cross Edge and I agree. Although I love Cross Edge it seems to throw way too much at the player so soon. Trinity Universe didn't but it also turned previously 2D characters (Etna and Prinny) into 3D models and it would have been cool to see many other characters from the Ar Tonelico and Atelier series in 3D.