Rate the trophy difficulty...  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.27

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm giving it a 4. The game itself is not too hard on the first playthrough and that's the only time it's hard. Once you have the Convert Shop (Black Market) open, all difficulty disappears. From there it's just a matter of time, it takes a while to get the 1,000,000 points but that's just time consumption.

I'm also giving it a 4. The game is pretty easy even on the first route, and many of the trophies can be gotten fairly quickly, and all of them easily. The only trophies that are really time consuming are the three that are drift related (Space Tourists, Game Maniac, and Space Activists). It's nothing like Cross Edge though. Since the game doesn't have a timer, I can't say exactly how long it took me, but I would definitely say it was well less than 100 hours. If you use the convert shop, you should have no trouble at all and you can get the platinum trophy fairly quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard....no, not really. Long and tedious? Yes. Drifting 100 dungeons, Drifting yourself 50 times, and leveling up EVERYONE to level 100 wasn't really needed. Seems most trophies these days take your time, more than your skill.

Only trophy that took any thought and accuracy on the player is the 1000 hit combo. Get too strong, you cannot do it, and you got to know what you are doing before going for it.

Level up everyone to 100 wasnt really time consuming. It took me about 2h?! lol. And drifting 100 dungeons didnt take as long as I expected. But maybe I just didnt notice how fast the time went by. :D

Also the 1000 Hit-Combo was really early for, didnt even got the 700 Combo. I did it with my Prinny level 35. That was done in the acropolis garden?! or whatever it is called. I waited till I got a enemy-group of three with two or three chests in it. Think they had a lot HP. Build up my gauge to 4 and then I went to attack. My Prinny could shoot his special attacks 3times on 3 enemies! Got a total hit of 1200.

• 3 weeks later...
Level up everyone to 100 wasnt really time consuming. It took me about 2h?! lol. And drifting 100 dungeons didnt take as long as I expected. But maybe I just didnt notice how fast the time went by. :D

Also the 1000 Hit-Combo was really early for, didnt even got the 700 Combo. I did it with my Prinny level 35. That was done in the acropolis garden?! or whatever it is called. I waited till I got a enemy-group of three with two or three chests in it. Think they had a lot HP. Build up my gauge to 4 and then I went to attack. My Prinny could shoot his special attacks 3times on 3 enemies! Got a total hit of 1200.

You're lucky about the drifting dungeons, those took me a long time. Most games I play I have bad luck with the random number generator and I would sit for 30 minutes at times waiting for a dungeon to show up. Doing that for 100 dungeons and later 1,000,000 points was just frustrating.

You're lucky about the drifting dungeons, those took me a long time. Most games I play I have bad luck with the random number generator and I would sit for 30 minutes at times waiting for a dungeon to show up. Doing that for 100 dungeons and later 1,000,000 points was just frustrating.

mhm .. it is possible to check the playtime? didnt found any time back then :(

• 2 weeks later...
I'm giving it a 4. The game itself is not too hard on the first playthrough and that's the only time it's hard. Once you have the Convert Shop (Black Market) open, all difficulty disappears. From there it's just a matter of time, it takes a while to get the 1,000,000 points but that's just time consumption.

Pretty much my thoughts lol.

Defintely a 4/10, and nothing higher.

• 1 month later...

its more a 5 than a 4, because of the Time.

The difficulty itself is a laugh, but 120-140 Dungeon Drifts (for the Points and the drift trophies) is making common mortals insane. Okay, thus grinding may just be a waste of.. 30? hours, but regrinding the same group of Dungeon's, listen to the Theme Song every fuggn time you exit the Inn, (even in the Dungeon's, there were still this Voice in my Head, repeadetly saying 'Shining Star, Shining Star, Motherf*cker!! MHWAHAHAHA!') and NO challenge while doing this at all, is really screwing your head.

so yes, 5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i'm giving this a 4 too dood. The black market convert shop effectively breaks the game so as long as you don't over power prinny for the 1000 hit trophy or buy managraphic images everything else is very simple. Its actually a great game and I love some of the little features in it, just a shame the platinum is incredibly boring to get once you're done

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Trinity Universe platinum difficulty- 4

Haven't got the platinum yet, but by the looks of things as they stand I know now that this is an easy plat'. All I've got left is to kill monsters, kick 100 dungeons asses and gather 1 million space bucks.. err, points.

I murderlized the last boss within 2 turns. Awesome!

Yeah, definitely a 4. I suggest for any players just getting into this game to drift 3 dungeons and drift with 3 dungeons during every chapter of the game to make that dungeon drift grind @ the end of the game less painful. Do this during the 2nd playthrough. Hollah.

Edited by Rubbercons
Platinum'd

• 1 month later...

I voted to give Trinity Universe a 5 in platinum difficulty. The first time through might require a tad amount of skill, I suppose, if you don't level up enough. Button-mashing is so effective, but you can definitely get killed.

The real problem with the game is the ridiculous amount of time that it takes to get some of the trophies. Killing 2,000 enemies takes a long time, drifting 100 objects out of orbit takes an even longer time, and dear God, getting 1,000,000 evaluation points is just stupid.

I think the fact that a person doesn't give up from the ridiculous redundancy requires skill--at least three points.

However, if you buy add-ons for the first game... 3/10.

I'll go w/ a 4.

As I was playing it, I might have said a 5 or a 6...then again...this is the 1st game that I platinumed, so I really didn't have much of a frame of reference.

Ironically, the next game I platinumed, was Cross-Edge-giving me plenty of a frame of reference :eek:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going with a 4 overall.

The game itself isn't hard at all. The first playthrough you will have to do some grinding, but after you finish and go on to the second all difficulty disappears.

What makes this game a 4 is that the drifting and evaluation trophies are a major grind, and the game goes out of its way to make it hell. Going weeks without a dungeon drifting in, then when one finally does and you drift it, it takes the UFO 10 minutes to show up. Then after you're finished with the drifting trophies you'll probably still have around 400k evaluation points to grind, not fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...