One of the most boring platinums I've ever tried

4manaka

Well, actually I'm doing it so not 'tried' in a past sense.

This is one of the dreadfullier boring games going for the platinum i've ever tried.

I got the platinum of Cross Edge, or Yakuza 3. Those were hateful sometimes, and tedious, but you had a lot of challenge in them. The boring moments were not long.

This, however? is about navigating around menus, to refresh the state where you can, or can't, find a new object orbiting your planet. Sometimes that object may be a dungeon. After lets say 10-15 minutes of refreshing these menues.. Well, if it is, go for it and drift it. You only have to find... 100 random dungeons. Or way more if you don't have the final million of succesfully well done dungeons (ev points). If your characters are OP, the challenge is gone, and this takes tens of hours and hours of doing the same.

My god. Can't suggest this platinum if you don't want to get bored to death.

Sorry for my poor grammar of a non english speaker native, btw.

PD got the Space Tourists trophy just now, and yet I only got 333K of ev points :(

Edited by 4manaka
adding content

Finished at last, sorry for the ramblings before.

Some really nice suggestions I can do:

- if you need to drift and exit that dungeon: find the interruptor ball first. Spam search in the place, until the lurker appears. Chase it, kill it. Now you can destroy the interruptor ball, and exit. That will give you a lot of EV points with a nice multiplier.

- if, like in my case, you are short of ev points (remember the trophy requires a million), you can anchor some dungeons. Some have the 4 cycles of the day (4 cycles*4 instances=16 dungeons=16 lurkers to kill) and others just have the 4 instances with no variation doing them by night or by morning. From de entrance , don't move, spam search, until lurkers appears. Kill it an exit. You can only get like 3000~ points this way but... well, you know, there is no multiplier drifting with this method. However you can do it really quick with experience.

- if you need to drift that dungeon but get lost with it in the space, there's no much use in trying to kill the lurker (they penalyze a 25% of your final points), just go to the ending boss, kill it, pinch the interruptor. About the countdown, just go and take a lemonade and do a piss in the time. Hey, you can change the order if you want.

- refreshing randoms dungeons: is quicker and easier going to your tutorial dungeons, enter, exit, than doing a rest in the inn.

- if you are lucky enough to have another screen in the place you are playing, a tv serie or movie can help you to endure the pain of refreshing dungeons, as you don't need a full attention in the game.

Nice and funny story but yet very boring platinum, hope this can help you make it less painful.

• 2 weeks later...
So which do you think was more painful in retrospect, this or Cross Edge?

For trophies, Cross Edge is a lot harder. For story, they're both enjoyable. The easiest of these crossover games with Compile Heart, Idea Factory, Gust, NIS, etc. is Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. Can't say for sure about the 3rd Neptunia game though yet till I see the trophies for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Shuffle, in difficulty terms Cross Edge is really painful. In fact i've read two users that, having both that and Star Ocean International platinum (one of the longest to get), agree in CE being more irritating, as there are thousands of synthesis to do that will exasperate even the most patient player. Is a nice challenge if you are really methodical, and the plat makes you feel good.

Trinity Universe instead, is just tiresome. You spend tens of hours refreshing between areas only for some things to appear, with generally null difficulty once you go through the 1st playthrough, something that happens fairly soon.

Cross Edge is tenfold more painful. You already have that one, so Trinity Universe will be a cakewalk.

I wouldn't even call Trinity Universe painful. The grind is really easy, just boring at times.

"Easy and boring" to me just means I can watch movies while I grind. =x

• 2 weeks later...

Looking back at this list Idea Factory seems to have gotten better at making trophy lists for their later games. Only one story related trophy for this game and the rest grinding? And since so many of them are prerequisites for the others there are really only about 15 trophies to worry about. Could've been much better, like a trophy for the optional postgame bosses.