Good way for random dungeons to appear

HunterHD

Game maniac trophy will test your patients

I found a way for random dungeons to appear, first you have to be on your second play through and have the Convert shop change your points for Anchors & Anchor all the stuff but the dungeons (48) I think. Go to the inn sleep and the only think that will show up is a dungeon, if nothing shows up let go of something and try to sleep again. Worked for me every time good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I found a way for random dungeons to appear, first you have to be on your second play through and have the Convert shop change your points for Anchors & Anchor all the stuff but the dungeons (48) I think. Go to the inn sleep and the only think that will show up is a dungeon, if nothing shows up let go of something and try to sleep again. Worked for me every time good luck.

Ah, so there's a cap or some static value that the game uses to populate the drifting items. If the game tries to keep balance at a certain number, then locking down ALL non dungeons would mean only dungeons (or nothing at all) are able to drift in. Much better odds than the standard method of praying for divine intervention. Excellent detective work!

I just bought the game last week, so knowing this in advance will make it much, much quicker. Eventually when I rate in the thread for plat difficulty, i'll be sure to credit that trick for the "low" score. :-)

• 1 month later...

In my experience this doesn't work out very well.

I kept anchoring all items that drifted in during my 2nd playthrough, so in the end-game the total list of objects was around ~50.

I kept trying sleeping at the inn -> exiting back and forth for about 6 irl hours and from this i got 2 random dungeons (ya rly!), it really started to get on my nerves so I thought I'd try to release some objects.

Dropped 10 random objects and continued the grind, and guess what?

From that point on I've keept getting a random dungeon at least every 10min, most of the time every 5 or less (and I've gotten about 50 of them this way so far).

But that's just my experience of it, no hard facts about it, just hoping it might help someout else out.

Oh and also, I think it's way faster to enter a dungeon and exiting rather than sleeping at the inn.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This works for me every time too, it's a great tip without adoubt. If done right it's perfect. In twenty minutes I got 15 dungeons already. You should post this on the trophy guide, it's a very usefull tip.

thanks this definitely increases the frequency of dungeon appearances

yesterday i completed 4 dungeons when i usually complete 1