Problem with 1st loading screen

As title says I'm having a problem getting past the 1st loading screen, (it's the one just after the difficulty select screen, before anyone asks). I've tried it about 6 or 7 times now even cleaned the disc umpteen times in between tries. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem, and knows how to solve it, if it's indeed solvable. Thanks.

I does feel like little longer than usual but it should load just fine :think: I started new playthrought today too.

30 mins load though? I'll just watch tv for a bit and come back to it in about an hour just to be safe.... current load: 10 mins.

Thanks for the reply. :)

EDIT: Just had a thought... Could it be something to do with the installation? 1st time round, it got to 1166mb, then I deleted it and 2nd time round it got 270mb then 306mb after 1 more load.... What's the correct installation size of the game game data?

EDIT 2: Been on for little over an hour now but still nothing and installation got to 174mb something's wrong somewhere. :(

EDIT 3: From what I've noticed installation takes place on the main menu and if it loads up slow it's going to take a while for it to be completed. I must have a slow copy or something, anyway, another thing I've noticed is that once you try to start up a new game the HDD (orange light) stops flickering so the installation must then be completed at the main menu, screwy I know but that's how it seems to be to me. Hopefully once it's finished it'll run smoothly and work straight away. :)

Edited by XtremeTornado

Install is 3293 MB, you should return the game its obviously broken :think:

Thanks, just at 2.5kmb at thew moment so I'll wait until it gets to 3293mb and if it's the same, I'll send it back to Lovefilm and hope they send me another copy.

EDIT: 253mb to go, finger's crossed.

EDIT 2: Nope, still does the same thing it's now fully installed and it still says loading, I'm going to ask them to check the next one before they actually send it to me. I've been waiting a while to play this, ever since it were released, now I've got to wait about a week or so before I get another copy, *sigh*. :(

Edited by XtremeTornado

Looks like i'm 2 for 2 in the broken discs category. This time I can get past the first loading screen but after the 2nd proto-eclipse(?) hunt, the beast dies and the screen goes black and freezes. Hopefully it works the 3rd time I try it, if not, that's another free game i'll be getting from lovefilm, woohoo, lol.

EDIT: I mean free disc rental not a game to keep lol.

Quick EDIT: talk about 3rd time lucky or maybe unlucky, anyway it worked fine, even got the end of boss music as well, woohoo.

Edited by XtremeTornado

Nah it was the disc, it's working fine now, no problems with it loading (apparently it's happened to a few people who bought the disc (I only rented it) but I suppose it's what happens when you rent discs (on the odd occassion you get a crappy disc full of fingerprints and dust and cleaning it didn't work). Anyway.... All the other games are working perfectly even though the PS3 is starting to sound like it's about to take off and fly out the window, lol.

The second copy is working fine now, it has only had that 1 blip, oh and a few freezing moments but carried on after waiting a while, apart from that, i've had no other problems with it.... nearly to level 30 each after about 26 hours of play. :p

• 5 months later...