Tower Of Sarek IMPOSSIBLE!

LightChild

I am having so much trouble on this last part that I feel like screaming. I don't know what I am doing wrong it just seems impossible. One slight mistake and its over, its death. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know how people find this easy. Is there a trick? This is very hard. I keep falling. I've tried just grappling to get up there but that seems like a worse way to do it then the traditional jump and blast stuff with your fiery bow. I'm going for the trophies, so I cant kill anyone and I cant die. UghhH!!:confused:

EDIT: So I FINALLY managed to do it. God that was tough..

Edited by LightChild

that was a piece of cake ( without patch ). Got it on 3rd go. I don't know why people making such a fuss about it. Probably with patch is harder but without it its nothing. Just plan your route and when you get it top keep killing make a triangle with wizard jump on top and then jump on platform. Done.

I just got mine, with the patch. The Tower of Sarek is a hard stage, and since enemies concentrate on making you fall or stalling you instead of attacking you, it has it's share of cheapness. But it's not impossible.

What probably made your run harder is that you were trying to get Flower Power at the same time. Are you mad? You can easily get on earlier stages of the game (I think I did it on Crystal Caverns). Getting it together with what is easily the hardest trophy in this game is insanity.

I just got mine, with the patch. The Tower of Sarek is a hard stage, and since enemies concentrate on making you fall or stalling you instead of attacking you, it has it's share of cheapness. But it's not impossible.

What probably made your run harder is that you were trying to get Flower Power at the same time. Are you mad? You can easily get on earlier stages of the game (I think I did it on Crystal Caverns). Getting it together with what is easily the hardest trophy in this game is insanity.

Haha I guess I was being mad, but I was only following the trophy guide! it clearly said get flower power on the last stage! Read it it you dont believe me! But yeah I decided to get Flower Power on another stage and this one wasn't that bad anymore...:applause:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am having so much trouble on this last part that I feel like screaming.

So scream away. Congratulations on getting it done - it certainly is a tough little challenge, and I felt the same way. Go nuts, get the blood pumping, and punch a child or a puppy if it gets too bad.

• 1 month later...
im having major trouble getting these 2 tower related trophies. I cant get up through the 1st stage yet. I watched the youtube vid & it kinda helped but 1 miss & its over

Keep at it. If you really can't do it, delete the game data (not your save file), cancel the patch and you can play the Tower of Sarek without any monsters.

• 2 months later...

Dear lord I just got this trophy (with patch) after a little over an hour of trying. I felt like even though I'd do the same things that worked on the previous runs, there would always be some small hitch that would screw things up (skeleton not moving out of the way, grappling hook grabbing the wrong thing/right thing & wrong place). That more than anything made this a particularly frustrating trophy to get. But killingspree is right, you just gotta keep at it. Over time you'll be able to get more and more sections down (9 times out of 10) and finally it'll just all click. You need a lot of patience more than anything... I was swearing a ton at the tv.

It's funny that I was thinking about posting how impossible it was with the idea that usually people that do that get their trophy soon after. Sure enough, that was the run I finally did the whole shebang. The Knight almost died to the bats at the end though :p.

Now I'm just glad I'll never have to go back there. All I need to do now is just blast through the first 14 levels on VH and I'll have my plat :)

I am having so much trouble on this last part that I feel like screaming. I don't know what I am doing wrong it just seems impossible. One slight mistake and its over, its death. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know how people find this easy. Is there a trick? This is very hard. I keep falling. I've tried just grappling to get up there but that seems like a worse way to do it then the traditional jump and blast stuff with your fiery bow. I'm going for the trophies, so I cant kill anyone and I cant die. UghhH!!:confused:

Congrats on making it! On a side note, why attempt Flower Power and Better than the Developers at the same time? You would have saved more time/trouble by getting Flower Power whilst finding all the exp during an Easy difficulty playthrough, then focusing all your attention on the latter:P

The concept behind this level and how to do it isn't really that hard. Yes, one simple mistake in the wrong place has you restarting the level, and yes you won't get it your first 1(or 100) tries. Personally, I blame neither the concept behind the level nor the trophy, but instead point fingers at the controls on the PS3's copy. On the PC you can AIM the grapple, which would make a heck of a lot of difference if possible on it's console counterpart.

The biggest tip I can think of for those still struggling is to, as soon as you reach the top and before jumping up to the checkpoint, immediately create a triangle and position it where you'll be using it. Being able to get that process out of the way before the first enemy moves towards you makes things that much easier, as you then only need to focus on clearing a path to get to the top :p Cheers!

• 2 months later...

:think:

Ah. Well screw it, I'm not unpatching my game and loosing everything. Guess I'll have to grit my teeth and try to get through this, if possible.

Just keep at it :) It took me 10-15 times before I got it just right ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw0xUcSS1GY&feature=player_embedded]Trine - Tower of Sarek - Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

Watch that video (same as in trophy guide) to get the general idea of where to go. I avoided all enemies if I recall right :think:

Edited by TKrames

I tried it for the hell of it. I can't do this lol. It's crazy!

Got a question though. If I want that trophy, can I switch the difficulty to very hard and select the stage and try to get it? Because as far as I know, getting the trophy for beating the game on very hard requires to do every level on that setting. (which is fair and logical) But it's not like that for the better than developers trophy, is it?

...I'll be working on some other trophies before this though...I can't even COMPLETE it on very hard. XD

I tried it for the hell of it. I can't do this lol. It's crazy!

Got a question though. If I want that trophy, can I switch the difficulty to very hard and select the stage and try to get it? Because as far as I know, getting the trophy for beating the game on very hard requires to do every level on that setting. (which is fair and logical) But it's not like that for the better than developers trophy, is it?

...I'll be working on some other trophies before this though...I can't even COMPLETE it on very hard. XD

You can just complete the last level on very hard, and then do the rest in whatever order, as long as they've all been done on very hard ;) The easiest way to do it is with all the upgrades and such, so DO NOT start a new game :)

Using the thief seems the most logical choice. I can move pretty fast with the grappling hook. So I should probably give her all the accessories that boost health?

Although my main problem is falling in lava, and those big spike balls always gettin in my face.

Sounds like a safe bet to me :) That's who I used, and the magician when needed

Oh so the lava stops rising when you get to the checkpoint? Do the enemies ever stop respawning up there? Only three trophies away from the Platinum...I also gotta get that tripleshot trophy lol.

* When You reach he top of the tower, lava stops rising.

* Enemies will not stop spawning. You have to kill first wave + bats and than try as fast as You can to reach the highest platform (with the mage make triangles, than with the robin-hood :) make some jumps).

* Trilpleshot - try the level with caves (don't remember the name of level), there will be spot with few bats attacking.

Yeah, I finally got it. I made a plank for support with those two small beams, and just jumped up there, with the sort of ''double jump'' you can get from slightly jumping on the side of a platform. Know what I mean? (which also saved me on the many times I failed to make a good swing for getting up on a beam near the begining) First time though, as I was rushing to the artifacts, a big spike ball fell on me...man lol.

Watching the video now, I did a few things I didn't even need to bother with. :/

I finally nabbed the damn trophy yesterday. As it turns out, you're better off NOT touching any of the enemies at the top of the level. The first 4 will never bother you if you stay at the checkpoint as their flames will never reach you. Plus, leaving them alive will prevent any bats or mobile skeletons from spawning.

Just use the wizard's grapple-hook triangle trick by moving the triangle to the top of the screen and use the thief to head up. You'll have to watch out for the spike ball that spawns the first time. Once that's out of the way, you're safe. Also, this will save you at least a good minute in finishing this level.