Nuclear Blast trophy

When I first started playing this game I almost got this trophy purely by accident... one block left. Based on that I was thinking this trophy was going to be relatively easy to get eventually. I am now at level 76 and still no trophy... sigh. Anyone have any strategy here? I've tried being methodical, and trying to get groups of 4 or double purple with the totem, but I just can't seem to clear the board. My biggest problem of course is running out of time before I can set up the board properly. I am wondering if it's much harder to get on higher levels due to the locks on the blocks and if I should perhaps clear my save data when I want to attempt this to start on low levels again...

For anyone who has gotten this, what was your strategy??

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't have to do it by sliding jewels, what you have to do is play a lot to get Dynamite bonus and some others and totems, then activate them to get Dynamite bonuses on the board and other to increase the number of bonuses on the board. Play the game and try to keep unexploded Dynamite until the end.

Then at the end, they all explode and probably wipeout everything on the board.

you don't have to do it by sliding jewels, what you have to do is play a lot to get Dynamite bonus and some others and totems, then activate them to get Dynamite bonuses on the board and other to increase the number of bonuses on the board. Play the game and try to keep unexploded Dynamite until the end.

Then at the end, they all explode and probably wipeout everything on the board.

That's still not an easy task... I've been trying that for 83 levels now!

im only level 22 or 23 and i used dynamite and lightning and almost cleared the board so once they are both level 4, it may become easier but you would be the better judge cause ur ranked higher than me

When I first started playing I was able to get 1 block left just using dynamite and lightning, but it was pure luck. Since then I've tried many times with various combinations of things and I can consistently get down to 3 or 4 blocks, but never all clear... sigh. There is a lot of luck involved here that's for sure.

i would maybe suggest using lightning, dynamite, and red and blue totems. hopefully if you can get a chain with either of them, itll just light the board up.

i havent obtained this trophy either, and the best ive done it about 3-5 blocks leftover after a massive explosion.

i would maybe suggest using lightning, dynamite, and red and blue totems. hopefully if you can get a chain with either of them, itll just light the board up.

i havent obtained this trophy either, and the best ive done it about 3-5 blocks leftover after a massive explosion.

Red and blue totems are not too useful because the ultimate goal is to get the board full of dynamite so everything explodes when the game ends.

EDIT: I just got it!!! :eek::eek::eek: Had like 5 dynamite spread around in the center edges and then some lightning along the outside. I got REALLY lucky because at the last second all the dynamite was together in one corner so I hit shuffle with a second left and got a VERY fortunate position! I'm so happy I'm done with that stupid trophy!!!

Edited by skippycue

Red and blue totems are not too useful because the ultimate goal is to get the board full of dynamite so everything explodes when the game ends.

EDIT: I just got it!!! :eek::eek::eek: Had like 5 dynamite spread around in the center edges and then some lightning along the outside. I got REALLY lucky because at the last second all the dynamite was together in one corner so I hit shuffle with a second left and got a VERY fortunate position! I'm so happy I'm done with that stupid trophy!!!

Nice one, congrats :D

Hi guys, I just got this with only a little planning and trouble to be honest, so I thought I'd share my method with those who are struggling to see if it helps you at all.

I used purple totem, dynamie and lightning, all level 4. Costs 1100 cystals a try and WILL take a few tries BUT only took about 10 attempts or so once I really put my mind to it.

Before I go on, I will say...anyone who doesn't particularly care about this trophy will find this method PATHETIC, but I really don't care! Was so pumped to have achieved this!

OK, so once the game starts, hit the PS button on the Vita to pause the game app. You can still see most of the board in the minimised window, barring a few crystals on the second row from bottom that are blocked by the word Continue. What you are looking for is an easy match-4-or-more situation, so for example "blue-blue-red-blue", with another blue to the side of this sequence that will nicely slot into the middle to create four. This way, you'll activate a bonus, hopefully either lightning or dynamite.

If you see a match, make it - but be sure not to set off any nearby dynamite or lightning yet, as it may set off a chain reaction that won't destroy the entire board but will destroy all your progress so far! Now press the PS button again, and carry on doing the same thing.

If you don't see a match, shuffle the board, and start at Step 1 again.

Now, near the end of the game (say, with a third or a quarter of the clock remaining), you'll hopefully have enough bonuses on the board to destroy everything. Use the tim remaining to keep shuffling the board until all the bonuses are evenly spread out...some in each corner, and one or two in the middle. Use the PS button trick to really study each scenario and once you think you have your bonuses positioned correctly, unpause the app and let the game clock run down. Ka-boom, and that sweet elusive trophy shall hopefully be yours.

Of course, you're still relying on luck here, but I think it drastically improves your chances because it gives you what the game does not if you're playing legitimately...time. Another benefit of this is that the life bar still progresses so you won't run out of lives so fast either.

Sorry for the long essay, but I couldn't really find a good guide to getting this online anywhere. I hope this helps all of those who haven't got this trophy yet.

EDIT: Here's the crowning moment to prove this worked for me. I've blocked out my friends names for their privacy...

Edited by dave87fez
Extra info

I doubt pausing the game helps that much, this is still just a matter of luck. I never had trouble getting enough bonuses on the board, it was hoping they would randomly fall in good spots when hitting shuffle. As I mentioned I almost got this trophy by accident when I first started playing so it can def come easy for some and nearly impossible for others. This is the way luck based trophies work. I'm just glad I no longer need to worry about luck with this stupid game! :)

I doubt pausing the game helps that much, this is still just a matter of luck. I never had trouble getting enough bonuses on the board, it was hoping they would randomly fall in good spots when hitting shuffle. As I mentioned I almost got this trophy by accident when I first started playing so it can def come easy for some and nearly impossible for others. This is the way luck based trophies work. I'm just glad I no longer need to worry about luck with this stupid game! :)

It is still just a matter of luck, like I said in my post. But pausing the game helped me massively, since it gave me the time to take in the entire board without the game clock elapsing at all. I'm level 80 and been trying for it just hoping for luck since about level 7...using this method, it took half an hour. Giving yourself however many extra shuffles and attempts will increase your chances of that lucky moment actually happening.

I'm with you on the relief about not having to worry about luck anymore though! Only got the 100 hours and 250,000 from daily mini game to go now. Does anyone know if points won from the mini game BEFORE the latest patch count for the trophy, because they don't show in the new deeper stats section. I won 100,000 once, but most other times have only won 200.

It is still just a matter of luck, like I said in my post. But pausing the game helped me massively, since it gave me the time to take in the entire board without the game clock elapsing at all. I'm level 80 and been trying for it just hoping for luck since about level 7...using this method, it took half an hour. Giving yourself however many extra shuffles and attempts will increase your chances of that lucky moment actually happening.

I'm with you on the relief about not having to worry about luck anymore though! Only got the 100 hours and 250,000 from daily mini game to go now. Does anyone know if points won from the mini game BEFORE the latest patch count for the trophy, because they don't show in the new deeper stats section. I won 100,000 once, but most other times have only won 200.

They say they count, but who really knows. I didn't play much before the patch and I've never won more than 15k, blah...

Yo that is a beast method! I think that is awesome. About pre-patch, I don't think much pre-patch makes it into this one. I had won quite a bit of money and destroyed bunches of tokens and other stuff, but not much transferred. But ehh, with you using the 100 hour, you should be able to get it quick

For this I used dynamite / lightning / purple totem

Basically aim for getting 4 tokens matched to add bonuses to the board. Combine this with getting purples matched in a row twice over. Plenty of screen refreshed are needed, as once you match a few purple tokens in a row they become scarce, and it gets harder to match 4 normal tokens in a row whilst not hitting any current bonuses.

But keep at it and you will eventually do the trophy