Rate the trophy difficulty  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating 6.31

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Vyrastas

Upto now i'd give it a 6. Few painstaking tasks but a lot rely on pure luck (250,000 crystals in daily challenge) could mean you taking over a year to get if doing it every day. Or be done within 2-3 days if lightning strikes.

100 hours playtime same thing.

Upto now i'd give it a 6. Few painstaking tasks but a lot rely on pure luck (250,000 crystals in daily challenge) could mean you taking over a year to get if doing it every day. Or be done within 2-3 days if lightning strikes.

100 hours playtime same thing.

I didn't vote yet but I think 6 is really, really low. Do you have Nuclear Strike? This trophy requires a good amount of chance and will keep most of us away of the 100%

Edited by FDC1

I didn't vote yet but I think 6 is really, really low. Do you have Nuclear Strike? This trophy requires a good amount of chance and will keep most of us away of the 100%

Have yet to get that, i usually do those kind of trophies at the end once ive levelled everything up. As they will most likely require the purple totem at level 4 before attempting.

I didnt vote it as high, mainly because as you said the game requires luck not skill. So someone could have an easy time with this game where as others might be stuck on it for ages down to pure chance. I reserve higher trophy difficulty level for a game which is hard based on skill. Hope you understand :p

But feel free to vote whatever you think is best, after all it will be a consensus vote.

Here's my ratings...

1 Difficulty

(B) Good Start - Earn enough experience to level up.

(B) Destroyer - Destroyer 100000 tokens

(B) Expert Matchmaker - Make a match worth 10000 points

(B) Sandstorm - Use Score Frenzy 100 times

(B) Bad Luck - Earn no Crystals during the round

(B) Fortune Son - Win 250000 Crystals in daily bonus minigame

(S) Denizen - Spend 100 hours playing

(S) Armed to Teeth - Get all bonuses, totems and slots upgraded to maximum level

(S) Dark Lord - Activate Dark Mode 10 times

These are all easy, or just a matter of time. I know Denizen and Fortune Son will take ages but they don't require any skill at all. They are just time based.

3 Difficulty

(B) Scoremaster - Score 1000000 point during one round

(B) Artful Master - Reach 10x points multiplier

1mil points is quite easy once you play a lot. I rarely get under 5 million in any game nowadays. Same goes for the 10x points multiplier. It's rare when I don't get one of those in a game now.

10 Difficulty

(B) Precious Rain - Get 25 Crystals from one combo

(G) Nuclear Blast - Destroy every token present on game board

Based on this.. I'm going to have to vote 7 overall. Precious Rain and Nuclear Blast are nasty and require either a very good run or serious luck. I have gotten Nuclear Blast on my friends vita, and I'm pretty sure I got the other one but it didn't pop on my own vita.... grrr.

Voted 7, just for a couple of trophies the game is not easy to 100%. Nuclear Blast requires a good (and expensive) strategy, that or a ridiculous luck, and fortunate son is just luck, but still it can be hard as hell.

• 4 weeks later...

in fact the game is not that hard. It is just time consuming and the biggest problem is with lots of bugs in the previous releases. For example, paying was not counted and daily jewells neither.

1 million is now quite easy to reach without bonus I can reach almost 4 million with no bonus.

For blast trophy, you have to get a level 4 of the blast bonus, activate it with other bonus to have a lot of blast bonuses at the end of the game, then, they will all exploded and with a bit of chance, the board will be cleared.

10x can be reach quite easy when activating some bonuses.

So what I do, is play and play until I reach 100 hours and level 70 to get the last bonus.

At the same time, I save jewells to get the last trophies. When activated the boost a lot you score, multipliers...

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno about this game being difficult at all......I would vote a 5 on it. Its all luck based in my opinion and VERY VERY VERY time consuming. Ive had plenty of games where I only scored 100K with bonuses because it was a crappy board. On the other hand...Ive had 4-5 million score games with nothing unlocked. Like Skip said...you can be done with game aka just 100 hrs left and only be at 20 something hours so its a super duper long grind. Once I get nuclear to pop, I will only play this game a little bit at a time instead of whoring it up like I am now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Voted 4 for difficulty level. I actually would consider going lower... hmm. Everything in this game is more luck than skill, to the point where I feel that a trophy guide is completely redundant. The only skill you need is being able to see the matches for 4+ gems (and I missed them often). If you wait until a high level for all the tougher ones, they'll come in time.

If time investment was a factor, then 100 hours would be big, but meh.

Voted 4 for difficulty level. I actually would consider going lower... hmm. Everything in this game is more luck than skill, to the point where I feel that a trophy guide is completely redundant. The only skill you need is being able to see the matches for 4+ gems (and I missed them often). If you wait until a high level for all the tougher ones, they'll come in time.

If time investment was a factor, then 100 hours would be big, but meh.

Agree 100%.......the game is REALLY easy when your a high level for all the trophies. The only luck based one is the nuke. The rest are easy. If they didn't make a 100hr trophy this game would be really fun. They make you hate the game by doing that to their players imo.

• 1 month later...
This is a ten just because of the 100 hour trophy when you can only play for five min at a time.

Thats not right, if you utilize the timebonuses you can play almost unlimited, I have almost never rounds below 10 mins now, and some even over 1hrs... :), my lives regenerates always before they go empty atleast...

• 2 weeks later...
Thats not right, if you utilize the timebonuses you can play almost unlimited, I have almost never rounds below 10 mins now, and some even over 1hrs... :), my lives regenerates always before they go empty atleast...

Ok I agree with you as far as the difficulty rating...it even clearly states on EVERY difficulty poll that time consuming games/trophies do NOT make a game difficult. Luck based OR skilled trophies are what make them difficult. The nuke was the only trophy that made this any higher than 2 or 3 for difficulty. When you first play, it seems like the game will be very hard, but in the end it is not.

As far as your 10 min to 1 hour games go....I am finding this hard to believe. I use the purple totem/orange totem/gem bonus and getting a game over 3 min is considered good for me. The most I got was a 5 min game. I don't understand when you say utilize the bonuses.....care to elaborate? I mean there is only so much you can do when there are limited numbers of purple or orange on the board. I would love to see a video of you playing a game or two so that I can see how you play different from me.

Ok I agree with you as far as the difficulty rating...it even clearly states on EVERY difficulty poll that time consuming games/trophies do NOT make a game difficult. Luck based OR skilled trophies are what make them difficult. The nuke was the only trophy that made this any higher than 2 or 3 for difficulty. When you first play, it seems like the game will be very hard, but in the end it is not.

As far as your 10 min to 1 hour games go....I am finding this hard to believe. I use the purple totem/orange totem/gem bonus and getting a game over 3 min is considered good for me. The most I got was a 5 min game. I don't understand when you say utilize the bonuses.....care to elaborate? I mean there is only so much you can do when there are limited numbers of purple or orange on the board. I would love to see a video of you playing a game or two so that I can see how you play different from me.

It's not that hard, but it takes getting used to. Any time you have a purple or orange match, avoid it until there are 2 sets. If there's no other match on the board, do a board refresh and hope something pops up. If there's a whole ton of orange matches on the board and you're near maxed on time, match a couple near the top and then try to make other matches so you don't waste the time bonus. If you have 4 orange/purple on the board, don't do the 3rd/4th until the totem has activated and disappeared or you waste it.

I never had a 1 hour game, but 10-20 minutes is plenty normal.

As far as your 10 min to 1 hour games go....I am finding this hard to believe. I use the purple totem/orange totem/gem bonus and getting a game over 3 min is considered good for me. The most I got was a 5 min game. I don't understand when you say utilize the bonuses.....care to elaborate?

Its much like Akari said, I utilitize the purple and Orange totems, the purple is the most important indeed, and I go for that before the Orange as you can be lucky to get several timebonuses from a purple one than only one from the Orange. I always try to collect purple and oranges until there is optionally 2 matches on board, or atleast 7-8 left on board that a suffle one or a few times will make the secound match quite easy normally.

You also must keep the speed up matching all other bricks as fast as possible to get rid of them, and therefore get more purple and orange bricks on the board, I use the "?" marks quite effectlivly to find matches faster when I cant find them myself fast enough.

The best is to keep the combo going as long as possible, to get the big points, but I break the combos in favour to make time bonuses quite often.

Also when there is littel matches on board, for example only one, or some few at top of board I utilize the suffle button quite often to get more matches at once so I get faster rid of the other unvanted colours.

The most difficult part of the game is the first minute(s) to build up time bonuses fast enough, and then periods during game when you have used them all and suffer finding new one fast enough.

It's a random game, so at one point it normally ends my game somehow :D But nowadays It seems I tend to end between 30-60 Minutes, some games been even over 100 mins!

My weakness is that I'm not fast enough with matches to keep the combos going long enough, so there is plenty of potencial, and Could easily have given me a much higher score during that long gametime if I could master it, but until then I'm quite happy with doing it the slow and steady way...

Well thanks for the tips but I doubt I will ever be playing for 10 min matches like you guys but we shall c.

You will be there.. :dance: also forgot to mention that you should also try to do 4+ matches of the other colours aswell for time bonues when you manage in favour to the 3 brick matches... on the purple and orange I often stay to 3 matches even if 4 or more is possible as I value the bricks for more matches more valuable thought :think:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is an extremely easy 100%, the 100 hrs just takes a while. I just pushed play for a few months while I played my ps3 lol. Voted a 2 since I do not consider time difficult.

*edit* just got my 100%. I'm so glad that 100% is out the way. now time to finish up some of my other games woot!

Edited by aliensNmycloset

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I voted 4/10. The game is pretty easy, and even I made 100% in it considering that fact that I never scored more than 8 mill., average record of the week was 4-5 millions ( I am playing without bonuses and turned them on only for trophies "Precious Rain" & "Nuclear Blast"). At first 20-30 hrs I was sure that could not do these 2 trophies, coz I am not good player at all, but patience & luck brought me a victory LOL

BTW I had a glitch in my zume after 76hrs 00 min XX sec, and I had to re-install it 2-3 times, swaping a save from cloud forward & backwards did a bad trick to me, I had to start from zero. But all the statistics were on the servers and I had my 100hrs trophy after 24hrs mark hit.

• 2 months later...

Gave this a 3 coz :

1. Is mainly grinding so got plenty of time to do other stuff (100 hrs baby!)

2. Only 2 trophies irritates me - the luck one and the nuclear blast. Anyhow still got to grind 100 hrs so no big deal (got my nuclear blast around the 80 hr mark while the luck one happened earlier)

3. My gf played 80% of the time and she still playing. Sure whips my ass on the scores coz she can get 30 mil with totems and above 10 without!

• 4 weeks later...