Gem Boosting Thread

No longer possible due to server closure.

Lets face it, the quickest way to level up in this game is by getting big scores. The best way to get big scores is by using good bonuses. The way to get good bonuses is by levelling up. A true Catch-22.

BUT, there is a way to make this easier. We can give bonuses to each other for FREE.

Here is how.

Step 1

Complete a game. (you will see a screen similar to this)

http://i.imgur.com/yQl83.jpg

Step 2

Press "Share" (the following will come up)

http://i.imgur.com/sU7IN.jpg

YOU DO NOT LOSE GEMS BY SHARING THEM

Step 3

Press Yes. This will put your "gift" into near and will be shared with your friends the next time you update near. You can only update near once per hour, so it doesn't matter whether you press yes or no to the next screen (here is what it looks like).

http://i.imgur.com/KQana.jpg

I don't know if you can accumulate multiple gifts and share them or if the newest one overwrites the older one. I always click share on every game no matter how low and I try to update near every hour I am playing montezuma.

My PSN: Cullyz0rz

Please add your PSN below if you want to boost this game and we will share gems with each other.

Happy Boosting!

Edited by Terminator
Update.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I'm on your screens with my lousy record!

Anyway... Nifty trick! I think tho that you can refresh your near anytime now, not only once an hour, since last vita update?

And tell me your secret to get those scores... I used to rock in Bejeweled/Puzzle Quest and I love 3-to-match games, but somehow I'm really bad at Montezuma and I really wonder why :p Maybe I use bad bonuses that are lousier than others, I am too slow or I simply don't understand some mechanic here... Dunno really :p

Haha, I'm on your screens with my lousy record!

Anyway... Nifty trick! I think tho that you can refresh your near anytime now, not only once an hour, since last vita update?

And tell me your secret to get those scores... I used to rock in Bejeweled/Puzzle Quest and I love 3-to-match games, but somehow I'm really bad at Montezuma and I really wonder why :p Maybe I use bad bonuses that are lousier than others, I am too slow or I simply don't understand some mechanic here... Dunno really :p

Haha.. you've beat me in EVERY week so far as shown by my 0 golds :( and you have 4 golds, so allow me this one payback :p

Can you refresh near every hour? If so, then I can send a ton more montezuma gifts... prepare to get zillions of gems.

My secret? uh. I don't really have one. I'm colour-blind so I'm normally quite bad at these types of games, but the game did glitch on me when I updated a few days ago...

http://i.imgur.com/mbghX.jpg

I will say that it's easier to get score the higher you level. I turn on the 3 explosive bonuses (Dynamite, Lightning, Color Burst all lev 4) with 0 totems and I just play that way so I get quite a lot of comboing explosions which helps me. I also don't know why mine glitched, but quite a few people I know have gotten similar rewards. My vita is on system 1.67 (europe) and auto-update of time.

I got all my gold medals when noone was really playing I think :p Aka I won against friends with 0 games played or something ;D

That glitch is so cool, I got 336 games once and 144 the other time, but yours (1661!) is so much win. I would totally love to glitch it few times more :D

Thanks for advice on bonuses - I will try to play this way and will see if that helps me :) Cheers!

That glitch is so cool, I got 336 games once and 144 the other time, but yours (1661!) is so much win. I would totally love to glitch it few times more :D

The problem is that I didn't get 1661 games of double XP. I got like 10 at the most. It seems to be like the trophies.. There's a certain point where it doesn't award you from trophies.. You can tell when it's mucked up when you level up and it doesn't give you the level up crystals :(

The half a million gems I got was awesome though.. I used half of it to upgrade some bonuses, and the rest I'm using just so I can keep playing 3 bonuses every game.

If I find out how to make the glitch happen, I'll let you know, but I reckon they'll fix it soon. I guess the NA store will get the update on tuesday.

Also - I got about 8000 gems from people sharing today.

I would actually recomemnd not friending people who are good at this game :D Because you will never win the weekly tournaments lol.

And the secret to getting high scores, seems to be partially luck. And as mentioned the higher level you get the more powerful your bonuses become the higher scores you get etc etc.

EDIT -- scrap that, you should share and befriend people if you can. Just won my tournament and it only gave me a measly 1000 crystals and some lives =/

Edited by sypher

I would actually recomemnd not friending people who are good at this game :D Because you will never win the weekly tournaments lol.

And the secret to getting high scores, seems to be partially luck. And as mentioned the higher level you get the more powerful your bonuses become the higher scores you get etc etc.

EDIT -- scrap that, you should share and befriend people if you can. Just won my tournament and it only gave me a measly 1000 crystals and some lives =/

Yep - Weekly tournaments are nice, but I share 500+ gems every few mins I'm playing this game. I just wish I knew who got them, or if people were using them instead of sitting in someones near expiring :(

When I was level 1, I was struggling to beat 100k. When I was level 10-15, I was struggling to beat 200k-350k. Now I am level 62 and I get 5mil+ nearly every single game.

Remember there are bonuses that you cannot buy and only levelling up will get you them. Hint, Block (hate this one), Time Extend, and Multiplier (looks like floating coins). There are probably more, but Hint is seriously broken on level 4. It shows a little arrow of all moves for far too long. If you have 1 or 2 explosive bonuses, you can use all the little arrows to explode most of the screen, which has a high possibility of getting 'hint' again.

And the time extend is definitely the secret to the high scores. Games can last a long time if you manage to luck out and keep getting them (again i think the higher the level the more common and longer they last)

Just hit the 10x crystal multiplayer and no trophy, gonna reboot the vita see if it does anything

I got all my gold medals when noone was really playing I think :p Aka I won against friends with 0 games played or something ;D

Thanks for advice on bonuses - I will try to play this way and will see if that helps me :) Cheers!

did you do anything different to get the glitch? I got it once and it said I hadn't been on for 116 days but not sure if you can reproduce the glitch or if it's random

I am having problems with 'near' at the moment so can not post any gems or get any gems, it just keeps saying 'Could not obtain data for your location' and I can not seem to get it to work.

Anyone else having this problem?

I sometimes do have this problem. Just shut down the Vita complete(not sleeping mode) and the problem should be fixed

I will also update through near

please add me: langedougie

• 2 weeks later...