Possible World Beater glitch: Make the bugs take only 1 step.

King_Ubu

Am I missing something blatently obvious or is there some kind of glitch that not many people know about?

As we all know, each time you send a bug out it 'levels up,' by that I mean, it gains a few more steps each time it returns to you. All newly created bugs start with only 1 step, which is why they get returned to you so quickly. So if you had someone ready to boost with you, you can send them back and forth almost instantly.

So how nice would it be if they could return to you after only 1 step when they have have levelled up?

Well... I think there might be a way.

For the last week I've had 2 people send me their bugs back almost instantly, these 2 people are within the top 50 in the world and each time I send their bugs back they send them back to me almost instantly. There is no way they are boosting with other people or doing any kind of memory card trick on their own system, theres just not enough time given how quickly I get their bugs back.

So I mailed them both how they were doing it, this is what they said.

Guy1 (there was a language barrier here so he used pictures, this is what I got from his description). (he has not patched the game).

1: Select the bug you want to send.

2: Choose a distance challenge.

3: Set any miles (doesn't matter what, but idealy one you can beat).

4: Pick 2 steps.

5: Send the bug.

6: The bug will then return once another user has released it.

The other person, sent me this message.

"When you send them out just choose to do it in 1 step, you can chose it in the miles menu in the upper right corner"

Have I missed something? Each time I try this my bug has to travel it's maximum number of steps, it doesn't matter what I set it to, be it complete the distance challenge in one or two steps, the bug will not return unless it does it's full step cycle or hits the 5/7 day mark.

Now both these players have one thing in common which might explain this. Both are from Germany.

Is every version of the game glitched except for the German version? Or is there some way on the other versions of the game to get the bugs to only travel 1 step. Because if we can get bugs to move only once before they return, it will cut down the time to get the distance trophies by hundreds of hours.