Travel Bug after firmware 2.61

King_Ubu

Ok I figured I'd ask here since if you play travel bug you have to use near as theres no other way around it.

Last week, Sony released a new firmware update, 2.61, and it didn't mention anything about fixing or improving Near other than 'Stability fixes.'

Only... I think Near might be a bit broken following the update... and as a result, Travel Bug has become even more of a pain to play.

Prior to 2.61 if I loaded up near I would get around 30-40 people in my area. Then when it reached around midnight it would drop to around 8-14. But following the update it rocket up to 100 people.

It's now at over 215 people at 1am (GMT)... every time I sync Near it increases, the other night I did an experiment and sync'd every hour, it went up by 5 people every hour. In the last 24 hours I've only seen it drop once.

How does this effect Travel Bug?

Well, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't... you can still send and recieve bugs... but... the time in which it takes to do that is a lot longer. before firmware 2.61 it took less than 60 seconds to do a near update. It's now taking over 2min to complete an update.

I've tried deleting all my near data but it still records stupidly high numbers, I've even removed the 3G card and it's still doing high figures.

Has anyone else noticed this problem at all?