Trash Panic Discussion Thread

olsen77

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trash panic guide.

Tetris+Trash+Katamari Damacy= Trash Panic

Rules:The basic goal is to stack/break objects without it going out of the bin 3 times, after that you lose and start over.If the boss(read below) lands out of the can, it's a automatic loss. Do not destroy the mottainai(below) or you will be punished by loads of raining special junk/objects that are usually very hard to get rid of.

Levels:There are 5 total stages. With each stage the junk you throw out gets larger and larger in size with each new level, 1st level is pencils, staplers,scissors etc. with the next being computers and speakers etc. The size of the objects gets ridiculous and the humor is reminiscent of Katamari.

Special Objects: Boss's are objects that MUST be destroyed within the time limit(10 secs or lower) or you will be punished with the raining RAGE objects(Trust me, this name fits well), the boss represents the theme of that level, the pencil levels boss is a piggy bank while the next would be a HD television.

Mottainai- are a type of good or friendly object that sometimes goes with the theme of a level be it jewellery or cake. They must NOT be destroyed or RAGE objects will get you. The mottainai must land at least a quarter of the way down the can so the Gomi-Bako can grab it and take it to safety. The Gomi-Bako is the patapon-esque characters that hold up the signs the determine your score.

Non-breakable material- These are special since they cannot be simply slammed down and broken, they must be burned or blown up to be ridden off. (Ex. Rubber, bouncy balls etc.)

Fire/Explosives- Much of the material in trash panic is burnable, you will use matches and bombs to help clear out the can so you may continue the stage, the game will usually give you a good amount of toilet paper or something similar before the match appears to help out the flames.Explosives- include bombs and propane tanks, these rarely appear and must be used wisely as a good amount of fire is required to detonate them, they clear out a good area of trash that surronds them. Large Explosives- include gaint propane tanks and unexploded atomic bombs. These barely ever appear and require alot of effort to detonate, but when it does explode, the entire can is cleared out and the background is shot back in a gaint explosion.

Decomposition Ball- The decomposition ball absorbs the water and begins to grow these purple vine like stems out of it that slowly break down whatever it touches, objects affected by it will glow purple and suddenely disappear from the can. If their is a dry decomposition ball nearby a one that's absorbing water, a large meat like tube will sprout from the wet one and connect itself into the dry, heighting the effects and how long it will stay there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Water-Throughout the game you will come across some items having water in them such as barrels or toilets, breaking them or turning them upside down will empty the water into the can, the water has no bad effects except that it puts out the fires if they get close to it.

Oil- There are oil tanks,tankers and other objects that contain oil, they must also be broken or flipped upside down for the oil to come out. If water is present, the oil will flow on top of the water unaffected by it, fire will ignite the oil burning and heating up everything as it decends. Water falling while the oil is burning will not affect it and the oil will only rise higher up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Difficulty/Game problems- This game is hard and sometimes unforgiving, usually it's the game's physics troubles is what you will be cursing it for, shaking the controller shakes the trash can, since their will be space's you will need the can to be very compact, the physics will sometime's a few tiny pieces just floating there that can stop junk from going any deeper into the can and will fall down by themselves after a few seconds or so.The Non-breakable material can easily shoot out of the can if it's placed in between two objects or something similar.The game is NOT on a 2D plane like tetris or similar games, objects WILL lean in and out of the can, making smashing objects into it harder from the top since they will just simply go behind them.There are a total of 3 difficulty settings, sweets mode which has no boss battles, maindish mode and the unlockable HELL mode.

Modes:3 main modes, local 2-player mode, and mission mode.

Youtube uploading: Yes.

Edited by Jack

Well, I completed all five stages of "Sweet" mode last night and my reward was... absolutely nothing. No trophy. The one bronze for this mode says you have to take the "Eco route". I'm hoping this doesn't mean you can't use things that add to your "Ego" score like bombs and fire and such because... I'm not sure how you can do it that way! Especially level 4 and 5. ESPECIALLY 5.

As far as I can tell, the order of the objects is always the same, so if you figure out the right strategy, the trophies should be doable. The physics are what make it difficult. That and the fact you can't SAVE THE FREAKING GAME!

Is stage 4 the one with the buildings?

Any tips for getting pass stage 4?

Burn everything with oil up until the first mata-whatever-you-call-it. When you lay that down at the bottom there should be next to nothing in the can. The hardest part of this level is these two gigantic L-shaped buildings that come in pretty close to each other. There is a decomp ball right before the first one. Make sure the trash can is close to empty with a level bottom and place that ball in the corner (I always did it in the right). Don't lay anything else on top of it. I think there are two blimps that come down at that time, also. Lay those flat right in the middle of the bottom on top of each other. When the first L building comes down, lay it so one end falls on top of the ball. This should cause the building to rest so that the corner is pointing straight up like a triangle and both the blimps in the space underneath. Quickly break anything that comes down on this corner of the building, especially water tanks and stuff, so that the decomp ball has enough water to start growing, taking away the L building and the blimps. Try not to place anything over the area next to the corner that rests on the first decomp ball so you will be able to place the second decomp ball near the first one and do the same thing with the second L building, laying it so it sort of "spoons" the first one, if you know what I mean. If the two decomp balls don't completely destroy the second L building, it should be weakened enough to be smashed with other objects.

I can't remember any other really tricky parts of this stage. There is a lot of oil to burn stuff up near the end.

Another tip for all levels: if you need water fast, turn objects containing water upside down and dump the water out before trying to smash it. That way if you are unable to smash it right away, you still get the water. This is key on level 5.

Edited by punisher153

Burn everything with oil up until the first mata-whatever-you-call-it. When you lay that down at the bottom there should be next to nothing in the can. The hardest part of this level is these two gigantic L-shaped buildings that come in pretty close to each other. There is a decomp ball right before the first one. Make sure the trash can is close to empty with a level bottom and place that ball in the corner (I always did it in the right). Don't lay anything else on top of it. I think there are two blimps that come down at that time, also. Lay those flat right in the middle of the bottom on top of each other. When the first L building comes down, lay it so one end falls on top of the ball. This should cause the building to rest so that the corner is pointing straight up like a triangle and both the blimps in the space underneath. Quickly break anything that comes down on this corner of the building, especially water tanks and stuff, so that the decomp ball has enough water to start growing, taking away the L building and the blimps. Try not to place anything over the area next to the corner that rests on the first decomp ball so you will be able to place the second decomp ball near the first one and do the same thing with the second L building, laying it so it sort of "spoons" the first one, if you know what I mean. If the two decomp balls don't completely destroy the second L building, it should be weakened enough to be smashed with other objects.

I can't remember any other really tricky parts of this stage. There is a lot of oil to burn stuff up near the end.

Another tip for all levels: if you need water fast, turn objects containing water upside down and dump the water out before trying to smash it. That way if you are unable to smash it right away, you still get the water. This is key on level 5.

Okay this only works on sweet difficulty. As for maindish, I have no idea because I can't get past Level 4. ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

After many many hours of tireless googling I have now found something, If you go the eco route for stage 5 and NOT the EGO route, then you won't have to do stage 6, also in stage 6 you have to do the credits as in names and stuff are garbage and you can't die or you start over, man what is up with this game :mad:

After many many hours of tireless googling I have now found something, If you go the eco route for stage 5 and NOT the EGO route, then you won't have to do stage 6, also in stage 6 you have to do the credits as in names and stuff are garbage and you can't die or you start over, man what is up with this game :mad:

I don't understand the difference between Eco route and Ego route. Is this an option in the game menu I didn't see or just the way you play the game, i.e. using decomp instead of burning stuff? If they expect you not to use bombs and burn oil, I'm not sure how you are supposed to actually clear the levels. It's difficult enough with the fire and bombs.

Here's something I found out: when you get the "Played for over 24 hours" trophy, it kicks you out of the game you are in and takes you to the main menu. I was on level 6 of Maindish (which seemed easier than Level 5 to me) when this happened to me. So, because there is NO SAVE, if I want to get that trophy for completing Maindish, which I spent 24 HOURS on, I'll have to start over at Level 1.

Let me get this straight: If the game hadn't kicked me off Level 6 I would have had to play through the end credits as a level and not die or start over, or I don't get the trophy? Almost glad that didn't happen because I would have been even more pissed.

Yeah, screw this game. I've had enough abuse. I'll retire from it with my one trophy.

Too bad, because this game is really addictive, but it is borderline cruel in its difficulty when it comes to the trophies. :mad:

I don't understand the difference between Eco route and Ego route. Is this an option in the game menu I didn't see or just the way you play the game, i.e. using decomp instead of burning stuff? If they expect you not to use bombs and burn oil, I'm not sure how you are supposed to actually clear the levels. It's difficult enough with the fire and bombs.

Here's something I found out: when you get the "Played for over 24 hours" trophy, it kicks you out of the game you are in and takes you to the main menu. I was on level 6 of Maindish (which seemed easier than Level 5 to me) when this happened to me. So, because there is NO SAVE, if I want to get that trophy for completing Maindish, which I spent 24 HOURS on, I'll have to start over at Level 1.

Let me get this straight: If the game hadn't kicked me off Level 6 I would have had to play through the end credits as a level and not die or start over, or I don't get the trophy? Almost glad that didn't happen because I would have been even more pissed.

Yeah, screw this game. I've had enough abuse. I'll retire from it with my one trophy.

Too bad, because this game is really addictive, but it is borderline cruel in its difficulty when it comes to the trophies. :mad:

I watched some vid of it, you have to be smart with the decomp and you can clear the whole level with just that.

It's not really a level, it's part of stage 6, victory will start playing and instead of space junk you get the credits then the stage.

Yeah it's fun but god damn the difficulty, I saw some vids of HELL mode, I don't understand how they do it.

I'd have to agree that this game is quite hard... I've played for 3 hours and have only gotten to level 4 of Maindish. And obviously I have yet to get a single trophy. Doing the ECO route on some of those levels is going to be tough.

Thank god for youtube replays... may have to check some out to learn new strategies. :)

Does any one have some guide? What is best strategy to make my garbage can absolutly clear in the end of round?

Max. Happiness Strategy: Delete the game from your hard drive.

lol, for real, though -- this game is brutal. About as fun as a gallon of garbagewater down the gullet. If they would have just included a goddang save function, I probably wouldn't be raging half as hard right now.

Anyway, you're talking about the only trophy I have in this game, so I'll try to help you out. I got this on Stage 2... they give you a ton of wooden items and a lot of lit matches and if you're doing really well you won't have very much garbage in the can towards the end. Towards the end, you'll get a lit match and, shortly after, a bundle of dynamite... I got the trophy after the dynamite ignited and blew all the garbage out of the can.

So, basically, play Stage 2 over and over again.

Hey guys , what about the checkpoints ? In game instruction there is note that checkpoints aren't available in Sweet and Hell mode . But in Main Dish there are checkpoints but I don't know how to use them . When I get checkpoint I make it hanging in the left side for a while and little fella shows up with billboard with something like : 2-2A , 2-3A etc ( on stage 2 )

Any ideas ?

( sorry for my english )

Everytime you get a Checkpoint coin the game changes. If you are doing a lot of points the game became more difficult (the A letter is the sign you're going to suffer..). At least I got 4 trophies for this, I'm so proud of it :D

So that A route trophy... what do you need to get that trophy... have A on all the checkpoints for every Maindish stage?

I'm going to have to start watching some youtube vids of this game... just finally got to stage 5 on Maindish last night, but those clouds are killing me!