Escalation Tips!

I have beaten it...i'm rank 88 in escalation mode now lol.

The only guns you should buy are the Gatling gun (the RX something that costs 600) and the healing ray (energon repair ray that costs 1250).

Why the gatling gun you say? the gatling gun > titans.

I did it with this group:

• Myself: Sideswipe (by god this guy is the best. He has whirlwind and is super fast so he can survive pretty good).

• Optimus Prime (his melee is godly and his attk buff is just too good not to have).

• AirRaid: pretty much like skywarp with whirlwind as well as the ability to go invisible (though the guy that played as him didn't use his invisibility much).

• Ironhide: he's as good as sideswipe but slower.

We almost failed at wave 10 with me being the only one alive but after that everyone turned on their mics and we proceeded to kick butt until wave 16 when people just didn't try as hard...but i can't blame them as there's no trophy for going beyond 15

The keys to getting to wave 15 are:

• Go as one force

• If you have enough money and u're about to die, pop on over to the overshield or healing thingo and die ontop of it. If you have enough cash, the healing item will pop up on you and revive u instantly.

• Don't open those expensive doors (e.g. 2500) as they aren't really helpful.

• play the autobot stage as you're only 400 pts (a door) away from the powershield and 700 away from the healing gun/gatling gun.

• Share the cash. if you have cash make sure there's a shield available for someone to take or help others get the gatling gun/healing ray.

• Use mics. Its always helpful to know if ppl need a resurrect or they can resurrect themselves or if they need money to buy a shield/ammo/gun.

Ok here's some tips specific to the autobot stage:

wave 7-8 is where the brutes pop up

wave 10 is where the titans come to play

wave 15 = 1 Giant decepticon comes to play

1. wave 1-5 is pretty easy, if you fail here you probably won't make it to wave 15 (this only applies if you are doing it with randoms)l.

2. The room to the gatling gun/heal ray costs 700 to open so i suggest you do that after you open the room that has the overshield. That room costs 400 to open.

3. Once the overshield room is up, open the room next to it because there's ammo there.

4. Just stay in the overshield room/ammo room until you have enough cash to open the Gatling gun/healing ray room.

5. Only go for the gatling gun/healing ray room when the mad rush of enemies deplete.

7. For brutes, if its only one, have one guy aggro him whilst the others either shoot him from the back or melee.

6. The bridge that connects the ammo room and shield room is the best place to kill the giant decepticon that comes at you at wave 15. 3 Gatling guns > him.

Hope these tips help you guys :)

Edited by Yoshi594

You really dont need the overshield room. The shield is too exspensive imo and that room has spawns. Personally i like to hang out in the same room but downstairs and not open the overshield door at all.

This is because it gives the waves only one entry point and you can blast everything that comes through the door. I've solo'ed wave 14 doing this trick when everyone died but me. I used air raid which is the best imo because he can fly fast to get around and has invisible.

So what i did was when i was low on health i could just get it from the vendor in the very room i camp in. when i needed ammo i just turn invisible then transform and fly to other building to buy ammo, which is more than enough time before the invisibility wears off. once i get ammo i stay in that building and fend off the waves until my ability recharges then i turn it on and fly back to medic vendor building and camp there again.

The only room we opened the entire game was the healing gun/gatling gun room you meantioned for 700 pts. When camping in the medic vendor room, always buy the health cube even when your health is full and leave it on the floor for quick acess, so when you need it there's no waiting to buy it, it's already laying there on the floor to pick up.

If everyone in your team contributes and keeps the health vendor cube on the floor then it's pretty easy, because you'll have that and with at least 2 people with health gun nobody should be down for long. We didnt even need the gatling gun, but it is a nice gun if you can afford it. we even took out devastator in lvl 15 by camping in the medic room. we saved him for last after killing off the wave then everyone focus fire on him while he was helpless and couldnt fire back because he's too tall to see us in the building lol.

• 3 weeks later...

the 400 door is the best door to open. once you're in the overshield room you can snipe out the jets in some of the later waves, and when you open up the door to the ammo room across the bridge you can always jump off and kite everything in circles if you are the last one standing.

another important thing is that if you think you're going to die and can take something out, you can die on the over-shield generator and if you become downed while you are on top of it, you can still use it and get a health pack which will revive you.

man you guys make it sound so easy. I'd love to get in a game with you experts so you can show me the right way to do things. I guess I still need a lot of practice.

Send me a friend invite if any of you want to game, I have a mic and my PSN name is strider-shizuma

It also depends on the map. The map where there are spiders in the first two waves is the easiest one to get to wave 15. You have also pick the good characters. Don't pick the Jet ones. They really suck since there are flying enemies too. Take the cars with rockets like Ratchet and Optimus (in case u run out of ammo).

Go upstairs above the machine where u can get the ammo. Open the door and stay there the whole time. U have everything there (Protection machine, ammo machine, thermo mines wich is really helpfull and stay together.

Edited by Lashroman

What me and my team did (3 randomers with no mics) was camp in the overshield room with the door to the ammo room opened. Soon as each wave starts, everyone aim at the spawn point in the overshield room and shoot at it like crazy. In case you didn't know you can actually fire inside the spawn barrier; so you can kill them before they even step out.

I was using iron hide and his vehicle was great for spamming the spawn.

Of course this isnt the only spawn point but it certainly helps if you can deal with the starting set of enemies.

I can't stress enough the importance of overshields. Without them you won't last long once the titans show up.

There should always be a team member who can turn invisible, its his job to revive downed members as they cannot be seen by the enemies.

In my experience, my team mates were selfish bastards and didnt share their cash. It would be extremely helpful though to buy your team mates overshields if they are running low on funds.

Once you come across a solid team who know what they are doing it isnt too hard.

In my experience, my team mates were selfish bastards and didnt share their cash. It would be extremely helpful though to buy your team mates overshields if they are running low on funds.

I've seen players do this and never understood the mentality behind it. What good is all that unspent cash going to do for you if you're all dead?

At the very least, I'd want to have it spent and go towards the 25k trophy anyway.

If you take an overshield, mines, ammo, or whatever, spend the extra cash and refill it for the next guy.

Once you come across a solid team who know what they are doing it isnt too hard.

You can usually tell how good your team is about four seconds into the game. After a few games, I was able to predict how far my teams would make it with a good degree of accuracy.

If everybody takes off in four different directions, chances are you're not going to make it very far. If you've got players randomly running out in the open and going commando, you're not going to make it very far. If you've got players falling on round 2 or 3, you're not going to make it very far.

I got this last night with 4 other random players.

They also didn't really share the love with the power-ups but once you get to a certain point, most enemies are worth 50+ and it takes no time to get enough for the overshield.

We also mostly camped out in the overshield room and barraged the spawn point in the beginning.

I used Ratchet so I could spawn the sentry. That seemed to work well at the beginning but then the Machine Gun Brutes showed up and they make quick work of the sentries.

We also used a lot of the thermal grenades that are down stairs from the overshield. We would sit them up at entry points to help lower the enemies health and destroy the smaller enemies.

Now if I could only get the Wait I still Function trophy!

The semi-auto shotgun was very handy for getting the "Wait, I S F" trophy. Since the car-bots clump round you its easy to pick them off with the spread.

Also I HATE the shotgunners, pricks are ridiculously tough with their shields.

It also depends on the map. The map where there are spiders in the first two waves is the easiest one to get to wave 15. You have also pick the good characters. Don't pick the Jet ones. They really suck since there are flying enemies too. Take the cars with rockets like Ratchet and Optimus (in case u run out of ammo).

Go upstairs above the machine where u can get the ammo. Open the door and stay there the whole time. U have everything there (Protection machine, ammo machine, thermo mines wich is really helpfull and stay together.

I know there are many tactics but I wish some one made a video showing the best places to camp etc. since that would be a great help to new people like me.

:(

I was expecting it to be a nightmare with this being the only Gold trophy in the game but surprisingly it turned out otherwise.

I got this with random players(who knew what they were doing) by using Bumblebee and his default rifle. And of course using the Autobot map (Broken Hope).

First up, get the overshield room opened as soon as possible. Honestly its the best camping spot. As long you stick together in this room, you can rake up a decent number of easy kills.

Also open up the ammo room adjacent to the overshield room for convenient replenishment of ammo.

The overshield room and the balcony which leads to the ammo room is the best spot to take out Jets and Tanks with ease too.

The Decepticon map is tougher (honestly I'm not sure where they put the overshield room) and it helps to have teammates that aren't selfish in sharing power ups or who has a energon repair gun. :)

This trophy isn't that hard has people make it out to be.

If you are determined and half decent at the game, it will fly by and you'll get wave 15 easily.

You just have to be lucky to find people who aren't full blown commandoes.

I've been playing escalation a bit in the last day or two and I have reached level 16+ about 4 times out of playing about 5.

All people that I didn't know or could communicate with since if you just search a public lobby, chances are you will find people that are very good at it since we died alot but there was always one person who could do everything. (suprisingly it's always been a scout)

So if you haven't got it, don't worry too much unless you find it hard to pass wave 5 since it's simple if you camp in the overshield room and open the room behind it for the ammo.